More stories

  • in

    Man Utd fans convinced Alex Telles is set to complete transfer from Porto after left-back ‘likes’ Evra post on Instagram

    MANCHESTER UNITED fans believes Alex Telles is on his way after the Porto defender ‘liked’ a post by Red Devils legend Patrice Evra.
    Boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is reportedly closing in on a deal to bring the left-back to Old Trafford.

    1

    Manchester United fans are getting excited that the Telles deal is closeCredit: AFP or licensors

    He will provide competition for Luke Shaw – but the two clubs are still some way apart on the fee.
    Before United’s visit to Brighton, Evra uploaded a clip from the past showing him being screamed at by then boss Sir Alex Ferguson.
    The Frenchman’s caption explained that Fergie went mad at him for passing the ball backwards – he says he listened and went on to be man of the match.
    The post was liked by Telles – sending United fans into meltdown.

    After the screenshot was posted on to Twitter, it certainly didn’t go unnoticed.
    Many wrote ‘here we go’, hinting that the transfer must be close.
    Joshua Lewis wrote that he was ‘desperate’ for it to mean the 27-year-old was moving to United.
    United supporters and fan accounts shared the screenshot as excitement builds ahead of the prospective move.

    Telles, 27, has just a year left on his contract and believes the Portuguese side’s asking price of £18m is too high.
    He is eager to make the switch to Old Trafford and remains confident he will be a Manchester United player when the deadline shuts on October 5.
    Porto are attempting to hold firm in their valuation while United are also continuing to play hardball.
    SunSport revealed how United will look at Ajax’s Nicolas Tagliafico for £23m if the Telles deal falls through.
    Sergio Reguilon was a target but the Spaniard ended up joining Tottenham, who agreed to a buy-back clause with Real Madrid.

    Harry Maguire ‘turns like an ocean liner’, blasts Simon Jordan in stinging rant at Man Utd More

  • in

    Arsenal transfer target Houssem Aouar ‘agrees to join Gunners after no concrete offers from Barcelona or Juventus’

    ARSENAL target Houssem Aouar has reportedly agreed to join the Gunners – after receiving no concrete offers from Barcelona or Juventus.
    Mikel Arteta has a deal agreed with the Lyon star, say Telefoot, and now he needs to raise cash in order to bring the £54million-rated playmaker to the Emirates.

    2

    Arsenal are still chasing a deal for Lyon star Houssem AouarCredit: Getty Images – Getty

    Aouar, 22, is said to be the Spaniard’s number one transfer target before next month’s deadline – although the player reportedly dreamed of signing for either LaLiga giants Barcelona or Serie A champs Juventus.
    Arsenal have managed to flog Emiliano Martinez to Aston Villa for £20million.
    But the FA Cup holders still want to offload Lucas Torreira, Sokratis Papastathopoulos and Sead Kolasinac to fund a move for Aouar.
    SunSport reported earlier this week how Arsenal are doing everything they can to secure Aouar’s services, with a new bid expected shortly.
    And according to French outlet Telefoot, the North Londoners have now officially submitted an offer for the midfielder.
    The report comes just hours after Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas expressed doubt whether Arsenal would have the funds to sign Aouar.
    Aulas, 71, stressed last week that Arteta’s side couldn’t afford the Frenchman, and he has again echoed similar thoughts.

    Speaking to Le Progres via GFFN about Arsenal’s pursuit of Aouar, he said: “Financially, Arsenal are like everyone else (in a tricky spot).

    “And Houssem could say to himself that the best thing would be to stay with us.”
    Arsenal’s bid may mean the club have chosen to prioritise a move for Aouar over landing Atletico Madrid’s Thomas Partey.
    Partey, 27, was the first to be linked, yet in recent weeks, Lyon captain Aouar appears to have become the main man.

    Houssem Aouar shows off his ball control in Lyon football training More

  • in

    Arsenal ‘launch Houssem Aouar bid’ as Lyon confirm transfer talks over £54m-rated midfielder

    ARSENAL have reportedly launched their bid for Lyon star Houssem Aouar.
    Gunners boss Mikel Arteta is desperately trying to raise cash in order to bring the £54million-rated playmaker to the Emirates.

    2

    Arsenal are still chasing a deal for Lyon star Houssem AouarCredit: Getty Images – Getty

    Aouar, 22, is said to be the Spaniard’s number one transfer target before next month’s deadline.
    Arsenal have managed to flog Emiliano Martinez to Aston Villa for £20million.
    But the FA Cup holders still want to offload Lucas Torreira, Sokratis Papastathopoulos and Sead Kolasinac to fund a move for the Frenchman.
    SunSport reported earlier this week how Arsenal are doing everything they can to secure Aouar’s services, with a new bid expected shortly.
    And according to French outlet Telefoot, the north Londoners have now officially submitted an offer for the midfielder.
    The report comes just hours after Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas expressed doubt whether Arsenal would have the funds to sign Aouar.
    Aulas, 71, stressed last week that Arteta’s side couldn’t afford the Frenchman, and he has again echoed similar thoughts.

    Speaking to Le Progres via GFFN about Arsenal’s pursuit of Aouar, he said: “Financially, Arsenal are like everyone else (in a tricky spot).

    “And Houssem could say to himself that the best thing would be to stay with us.”
    Arsenal’s bid may mean the club have chosen to prioritise a move for Aouar over landing Atletico Madrid’s Thomas Partey.
    Partey, 27, was the first to be linked, yet in recent weeks, Lyon captain Aouar appears to have become the main man.

    Houssem Aouar shows off his ball control in Lyon football training More

  • in

    Lionel Messi slams Barcelona for ‘kicking’ Suarez out in goodbye post and says ‘at this point nothing surprises me’

    LIONEL MESSI has slammed Barcelona for ‘kicking out’ Luis Suarez after the striker completed his move to Atletico Madrid.
    And in a highly emotional post put out on Instagram, Messi admitted ‘nothing surprises me anymore’.

    9

    Messi says the moment his best mate leaving Barcelona hit him was when he went into the dressing roomCredit: Instagram / @leomessi

    9

    The two footballers has a brilliant relationship on and off the pitchCredit: Instagram / @leomessi

    The pair became great friends during their time together at the Nou Camp.
    And manager Ronald Koeman telling Suarez he had no future at the club was believed to have led to Messi sensationally submitting a transfer request.
    He has since agreed to stay with the Catalans for another season.

    Messi posted a series of photos of the two of them together on Instagram, along with a lengthy post in Spanish.
    Translated, it reads: “I was already getting the idea but today I entered the locker room and the news became real.
    “How difficult it is going to be not to continue sharing the day to day with you, both on the pitch and outside.
    “We will miss them so much. It was many years, many lunches, dinners… many things that will never be forgotten, every day together.

    “It will be strange to see you with another shirt and much more to face you.

    Four Premier League teams crack the top ten highest wage bills in Europe

    9

    Lionel Messi is fuming his best mate Luis Suarez has been booted out of BarcelonaCredit: Instagram / @leomessi

    9

    The two footballers and their partners socialised oftenCredit: Instagram / @leomessi

    “You deserved to be praised for what you are: one of the most important players in the club’s history, achieving important things both as a group and individually.
    “And not to get kicked out like they did. But the truth is that at this point nothing surprises me.
    “I wish you all the best in this new challenge. I love you very much, I love you very much. See you soon friend.”
    Mundo Deportivo reports that Messi was “crestfallen” as he watched his pal break down in his final ever Barca presser.
    And Suarez’s former team-mate, and final memnber of the famous ‘MSN’ strikerforce Neymar, also blasted his exit.
    He commented on a photo of Suarez with the trophies he has won, writing: “Amazing way to do things” with the head in hands emoji.
    SunSport previously reported how Messi’s wife reduced Suarez’s partner Sofia Balbi to tears with a heartfelt goodbye.
    Antonela Roccuzzo has been best friends with Sofia Balbi during the six years their husbands have starred together for Barcelona.

    9

    Messi and his wife have lost a couple of best friends at BarcelonaCredit: Instagram / @leomessi

    9

    The two players might now play for different teams, but their friendship will remainCredit: Instagram / @antonelaroccuzzo
    The 32-year-old wrote: “Bolu, my friend, my sister… thank you for so many years together.
    “For so many laughs, so many Mates and unending chats.
    “You were like family for us. I can’t tell you how much, so very much, I’m going to miss you and your amazing family.
    “Thank you for everything! Let’s hope life keeps giving us moments [to spend] together and I’m sure we’ll see each other again soon!
    “I love you, your [family]. All the best with this new step.”

    9

    Messi’s wife Antonela Roccuzzo has been best friends with Suarez’s partner Sofia BalbiCredit: Instagram / @antonelaroccuzzo
    Sofia quickly responded: “And when I thought I had no more tears I found this!
    “Thank you for so much of what you said and for all that we have left to live …I love you, I adore you.”
    Suarez gave a tearful exit interview on Thursday, where he spoke of the move coming as a ‘surprise’ before thanking Barcelona for ‘having faith in me’.
    He then made his way to the Barca dressing room to clear out his locker for the final time.
    At his last press conference as a Barcelona player, Suarez also revealed how he was told to ‘watch out’ for Lionel Messi when he joined the Catalans.
    He went on to become best friends with the Argentine.

    9

    Suarez broke down in his exit interviewCredit: Barcelona FC

    9

    Messi and Suarez became great friends when the latter signed from LiverpoolCredit: Getty Images – Getty
    Suarez added: “Many people tell you about Messi when you arrive at Barca.
    “They say, ‘watch out for Leo’, he’s another striker. [But] many things are invented.”
    It has been revealed that Suarez will reportedly face a SIXTY PER CENT wage drop after joining Atletico Madrid.
    Marca reports that Suarez will earn around £8.3million a year with his new club.
    That works out at £160,000 a week – he was earning a whopping £405,000 a week at the Nou Camp.

    Suarez breaks down in tears in Barcelona as he gives a fond farewell to the club More

  • in

    Jadon Sancho ‘desperate’ to link up with three Man Utd players as club table final £90m bid as saga comes toward end

    JADON SANCHO is reportedly desperate to link up with England pals Marcus Rashford, Harry Maguire and Mason Greenwood at Manchester United.
    The Borussia Dortmund winger has been linked with a move to Old Trafford all summer.

    2

    Manchester United remain in the hunt for Jadon SanchoCredit: Getty Images – Getty

    2

    The Red Devils believe the winger is keen to reunite with his England pals at Old TraffordCredit: Getty Images – Getty

    SunSport previously reported that the Red Devils are now set to make a final £90million move for Sancho.
    It is believed the Premier League club will offer £75m up front, with another £15m to be paid in add ons later on.
    According to the Daily Star, United’s executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward hope Sancho’s desperation to join will convince Dortmund to sell up.
    The report adds that the 20-year-old is keen to link up with Rashford, Greenwood and Maguire, who he knows well from England duty.

    United star Rashford admitted earlier this year that he is desperate himself to play alongside the ex-Manchester City starlet at club level.
    Yet the club’s confidence comes in spite of Dortmund’s head of football Sebastian Kehl saying this week that Sancho would STAY in Germany.
    An initial deadline of August 10 set by the Bundesliga club passed without incident.
    And Kehl told Ruhr Nachrichten: “He [Jadon Sancho] is our player, and he will stay.

    “It was an important statement from the club because we have a certain responsibility. Without Jadon this team is weaker.”
    Sancho played 78 minutes of Dortmund’s 3-0 win against Borussia Monchengladbach in their Bundesliga opener.
    He scored on his first appearance of the season in the German Cup in a 5-0 thrashing of Duisberg.
    But United may have to flog as many as SIX players to fund the move for Sancho, as well as the rumoured interest in Porto left-back Alex Telles.

    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer ‘tells Jadon Sancho Man Utd deal is close’ with pair ‘in regular contact’ as negotiations continue More

  • in

    Man Utd and Wolves boost as Barcelona reject Douglas Costa transfer after being offered Juventus star in swap deal

    MANCHESTER UNITED and Wolves have been handed a boost in their bid to bring in Douglas Costa.
    The two Premier League clubs have been linked with a swoop this transfer window for the 30-year-old Juventus winger.

    1

    Douglas Costa is reportedly not wanted by Juventus anymoreCredit: Getty Images – Getty

    It was reported yesterday in Italy that Juve wanted to offer him as part of a deal to bring Ousmane Dembele to Serie A.
    But according to Mundo Deportivo, Barca are not interested in bringing Costa to the Nou Camp.
    It is believed Juve tried to include the same player when they signed Arthur from the Spanish giants.

    But seemingly the lesson has not been learned.
    SunSport previously revealed that Cristiano Ronaldo’s agent was working on a £37million transfer to bring Costa to Wolves.
    Jorge Mendes has done plenty of business with the Premier League side over recent seasons to draw the likes of Joao Moutinho, Ruben Neves, Rui Patricio and record-signing Fabio Silva to the West Midlands.
    Wolves may be keen to bring in a new winger after selling Diogo Jota to Liverpool in a transfer that will ultimately cost £45million.

    Costa started just six Serie A games last season and was brought on as a late substitute in Pirlo’s first game – a 3-0 win over Sampdoria.

    Most read in Football

    FERD DEGREE
    Man Utd icon Ferdinand admits his most ‘enjoyable’ football came at Leeds

    Done Deal

    ALLY NOT PALLY
    Villa announce Samatta exit after 8 months with brutal 16-word statement

    Exclusive

    DEAL IS NIAR
    Tottenham in talks to sign Milan Skriniar but won’t accept Inter’s £55m demand

    Pictured

    CLOUD NINE
    Bale in swipe at Real after changing name of Elevens Bar and Grill to ‘Nines’

    Pictured

    PLAN B
    ‘World’s sexiest athlete’ trains Dortmund as fans joke it’s a ploy to keep Sancho

    Video

    THE KANE EVENT
    Maccabi star screams ‘Kane on my c***’ & grabs crotch ahead of Euro clash

    The Brazilian has also been linked with Manchester United this summer with the Red Devils currently failing in their pursuit of Jadon Sancho.
    Dembele meanwhile, another winger on the shortlist at Old Trafford, has struggled with injuries at Barcelona.
    The £135.5million signing, who could only muster nine appearances last season, had been a loan target for Liverpool.
    Blaugrana president Josep Maria Bartomeu recently claimed Dembele was one of Barca’s players that would not be sold.
    Yet Nelson Semedo was also included on that list and the Portuguese sealed a £29million move to Wolves.

    Inside Douglas Costa’s amazing home bowling alley as Juventus star goes into lockdown with stunning girlfriend More