More stories

  • in

    ‘Not interested’ – Conor McGregor posts brutal two-word response to Floyd Mayweather hinting at shock boxing rematch

    CONOR McGREGOR has insisted he’s “not interested” in a second boxing match with Floyd Mayweather. Unbeaten 50-0 Mayweather, 45, beat McGregor when the pair met in a pay-per-view boxing-UFC crossover in 2017.
    McGregor has claimed he is ‘not interested’ in a rematch with Floyd MayweatherCredit: EPA
    Floyd Mayweather claimed there were talks over a rematchCredit: PA:Press Association
    Since then, Mayweather has had three exhibition bouts, not officially sanctioned or affecting his historic record.
    But Mayweather could meet McGregor, 34, again next year.
    In an interview with the Daily Mail, Mayweather – who returns over the weekend in Japan against MMA star Mikuru Asakura in a three-round exhibition – confirmed ongoing discussions with McGregor for a sequel.
    He said: “I want to go out there this weekend and have fun. 
    READ MORE IN BOXING
    “Then I have another exhibition in Dubai in November… and me and Conor McGregor in 2023.
    “We don’t know if it’s going to be an exhibition or a real fight. But there’s been talks of both. I would prefer an exhibition.”
    However, McGregor has hit back at Mayweather’s confirmation of talks via Instagram.
    The Irishman shared a picture of an uppercut from their first meeting, captioned: “Not interested.”
    Most read in Boxing
    CASINO SPECIAL – BEST NEW CUSTOMER SIGN UP DEALS
    Mayweather has also spoken out for the first time since it emerged he was in talks with Deji, brother of social media sensation KSI.
    He told TMZ Sports: “This Saturday – which in Japan – will be Sunday, I have an exhibition against a helluva fighter from Japan.
    “I think he’s big in UFC and big on YouTube, so in the US, that will be Saturday but Japan it will be Sunday.
    “And then I got one with the guy Deji – I want to make sure that his name is right – Deji, right?
    “Yes, Deji. We will be doing an exhibition in Dubai at the Coca-Cola Arena and that is in November.” More

  • in

    Nate Diaz called out to brutal bare-knuckle boxing fight by Mike Perry after walking out on UFC

    NATE DIAZ has been called out to a brutal bare-knuckle boxing bout by Mike Perry. Diaz is now a free agent after walking out on the UFC when his contract expired.
    Nate Diaz has been called out to a brutal bare-knuckle boxing bout by Mike Perry.Credit: Getty
    Mike Perry has urged Nate Diaz to sign with BKFCCredit: Rex
    The American, who has launched his own promotion, teased a switch to boxing following callouts from YouTuber-turned prizefighter Jake Paul, 25.
    But Perry, 31, has urged Diaz, 37, to copy his route out of the UFC by signing for Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship.
    He said on Instagram: “Nate, where you at dog? Let’s fire up.”
    He added in a tweet: “Now is my time to make noise. I have no excuses so I’m calling out all the best fights the fans can be interested in.
    READ MORE IN Sport
    “I want to make waves. Been fighting my whole life and I always will no matter what.”mike ope
    BKFC have made big signings in the past, including ex-boxing champion Paulie Malignaggi, 41, and MMA star Michael Venom Page, 35.
    MVP recently lost to Perry, who was left with a suspected broken jaw following six gruesome rounds.
    It was the latest high-profile bout in BKFC, who want to make Diaz their most marquee addition of all.
    Most read in Boxing
    FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
    He walked out on the UFC after beating Tony Ferguson, 38, bringing an end to his current deal.
    BKFC president David Feldman said: “I can’t tell you whether he’s coming or not.
    “But I can tell you that we want him here at Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship, and we’re going to do everything we can do to get him a bare-knuckle fight.”
    Mike Perry beat Michael Venom Page in their BKFC fightCredit: Rex More

  • in

    Jake Paul sparks Twitter feud between KSI and Tyron Woodley after calling on ex-UFC champ to fight YouTuber in January

    JAKE PAUL has sparked a Twitter feud between KSI and Tyron Woodley after calling on the pair to fight in January. KSI, who returned with two wins in ONE NIGHT in August, ran an online poll to ask fans who he should face next.
    KSI announced his next fight will be in JanuaryCredit: Getty
    Jake Paul KO’d Tyron Woodley in their rematchCredit: SHOWTIME
    And Woodley, who twice lost to Paul, beat three others in the vote.
    Paul asked his former opponent: “You down to do this in January in the US? 180 pounds?”
    To which Woodley, 40, claimed he was ready to fight right now.
    KSI, 29, responded: “Jake Paul really got you on a leash…”
    The YouTuber was set to return against Alex Wassabi, 32, but the American pulled out amid a concussion scare.
    Woodley offered to step in on late notice, but instead KSI fought rapper Swarmz, 25, and so-called professional boxer Luis Alcaraz Pineda, 23.
    READ MORE in BOXING
    So he responded to KSI: “And i’ll dog walk your ass so now what? You Wouldnt accept a fight on 2 weeks notice.
    “Instead you fought 2 weak ass warm ups. You know my people run the play and put your money where your mouth is!

    “Otherwise keep my name out your mouth before you get slapped in it.”
    Woodley was beaten by Paul on points in August 2021 and then got knocked out in their short-notice rematch last December.
    Most read in Boxing
    FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
    Posting the KO, KSI jibed: “Both your fights against Jake were ass. So boring to watch.
    “Only reason I would fight you is to show everyone how ass you both are, by beating you in a quicker time lmao.”
    Woodley remains in contention to fight KSI in January, along with Conor McGregor’s training partner Dillon Danis, 29.
    Meanwhile Paul faces UFC legend Anderson Silva, 47, in his comeback fight on October 29 in Arizona.
    Jake Paul and Anderson SIlva ahead of their October 29 fightCredit: Getty Images – Getty More

  • in

    Jake Paul vows to ‘respectfully’ knock out Anderson Silva and says fight with UFC legend will not go past five rounds

    JAKE PAUL has vowed to “respectfully” knock out Anderson Silva next month.The YouTuber turned boxer will look to stretch his unbeaten record in the ring to 6-0 after the ex-UFC star was granted a boxing licence.
    Jake Paul has vowed to respectfully knock out Anderson SilvaCredit: Getty
    The clash between the much-maligned star and the 48-year-old Brazilian will take place in Phoenix, Arizona on October 29.
    Paul, 25, was originally due to return on August 6 until suffering two fight cancellations.
    The American was twice set to fight Tommy Fury, 23, until the Brit pulled out after suffering an injured rib and due to US visa issues.
    Hasim Rahman Jr, 31, had signed to replace Fury but a weight disagreement with Paul saw their bout cancelled.
    READ MORE ON JAKE PAUL
    Paul last fought in December, knocking out Fury’s substitute Tyron Woodley, 40, who he had already beaten on points four months earlier.
    That added to KOs over online rival AnEsonGib, ex-NBA player Nate Robinson, 38, and retired UFC welterweight Ben Askren, 38.
    Meanwhile Silva was released by the UFC in 2020 following five losses in six bouts, three of which were on the spin.
    But he has made a successful transition to boxing, having already had a 1-1 record in the ring.
    Most read in Boxing
    JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)
    Silva beat former middleweight world champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr, 36, in June 2021 then knocked out ex-UFC champ Tito Ortiz, 47, in September and he will now become Paul’s first opponent with a recognised boxing record.
    The Problem Child admitted at a press conference to promote the fight last night that he grew up idolising Silva.
    He even posed for pictures with his brother Logan and Silva, and one with his upcoming opponent’s mother.
    But he still insists that the bout will not last longer than five rounds as he is going to “respectfully” knock out his idol.
    He said: “Anderson Silva is the nicest guy in the world and we love him. If my opponent is a d***head, I’m gonna treat him like a d***head and beat his f***ing ass, and I think people have seen that side of me. But I respect this man.
    “I’m still gonna knock him out, but respectfully knock him out. It won’t go more than five.” More

  • in

    Floyd Mayweather reveals he didn’t KO Conor McGregor early to make sure mega-money rematch happens

    FLOYD MAYWEATHER insists he decided against knocking out Conor McGregor early so the pair could have a money-spinning rematch.The 45-year-old American came out of retirement to beat the UFC star in ten rounds in 2017 before hanging up his gloves again.
    Floyd Mayweather claims he avoided beating Conor McGregor earlyCredit: AFP or licensors
    McGregor started well, winning some of the opening rounds before the exhausted ring novice was picked apart by Mayweather, who barely shed a sweat until the finish.
    Mayweather – who claimed he only did push ups and sit ups as training for the fight – is adamant he could have ended the bout whenever he pleased.
    But with the possibility of a lucrative rematch taking place afterwards, the multi-millionaire decided to keep the fight competitive.
    He told Drink Champs: “I took it serious, but I wanted to have some fun in the fight and I wanted to entertain the people.
    “You have to give the people a show, so I gave the people a show.
    “If I wanted to go out there and f*** him up and blaze him right out the gate, I could’ve did that. But my thing is this, if I would’ve did that, then it wouldn’t be probably a part two.”
    After Mayweather’s Las Vegas win, he returned a year later in an exhibition bout against Japanese kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa in Tokyo.

    He is now set to return to Japan later this month to fight MMA fighter Mikaru Asakura.
    He told FightHype: “I got three more exhibitions this year [2022], could be one fight and two exhibitions.
    “But guess what, you better know it’s at least and this is the lowest I’m talking about $200million.”
    Mayweather looks to be taking the test seriously and is already in fight camp.
    Mayweather claimed he barely trained before beating McGregorCredit: Alamy Live News More

  • in

    Jake Paul moving down in weight to secure big fights with the likes of Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz ahead of return

    JAKE PAUL is moving down in weight to start a path to the light-heavyweight division and future super-fights. The YouTuber-turned prizefighter has so far campaigned around 190lb in his 5-0 career.
    Jake Paul ahead of his boxing returnCredit: Getty Images – Getty
    Conor McGregor has been called out by Jake Paul in the pastCredit: Getty Images – Getty
    Nate Diaz has left the UFC amid plans of a boxing switchCredit: Getty
    But his return bout against Anderson Silva on October 29 in Arizona will be at a 187lb catchweight.
    Paul has plans to transition into the 175lb light-heavyweight division, where he previously revealed lofty plans of winning a world title.
    Meanwhile Conor McGregor, 34, and Nate Diaz, 37, have both fought at 170lb in their UFC careers.
    Paul, 25, told Showtime: “I’m just starting to go down in weight in my boxing career.
    READ MORE IN BOXING
    “I’ll probably end up at light-heavyweight, at 175. And that’s where I should be.
    “I hadn’t really cut that much weight for my other fights, so I’m just getting to a lighter weight where I’m gonna feel at my best.
    “And taking on different competition at that weight class. As soon as I said I was going down to 185, that’s when Tommy Fury said, ‘Oh, I’ll fight you now’.
    “I think he was scared to fight me at a little bit of a heavier of weight, so I’ll be able to get different level of competition.
    Most read in Boxing
    FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
    “Nate Diaz is down a in a lower weight class, Conor McGregor is in a lower weight class. So it just makes sense for me to come down.”
    Paul beat online rival “AnEsonGib”, 26, and ex-NBA star Nate Robinson, 38, in his first two professional bouts in 2020.
    And a year later, he beat ex-UFC pair Ben Askren, 38, and Tyron Woodley, 40, knocking out the former UFC champion in their rematch.
    But following pullouts from Tommy Fury, 23, and Hasim Rahman Jr, 31, he was still left without facing a recognised boxer.
    UFC icon Silva, 47, will go some way to changing that, having had four wins and only one loss in the ring.
    Jake Paul and Anderson Silva ahead of their October 29 fightCredit: AP More

  • in

    Jake Paul wants $5MILLION bet with ‘bitch’ Dana White after UFC boss said YouTuber would NEVER fight Anderson Silva

    JAKE PAUL has called for a $5MILLION bet with Dana White after the UFC president claimed he would never fight Anderson Silva. The American is set to make his boxing return on October 29 in Arizona against Silva, a bout White once predicted would not happen.
    Jake Paul has called for a $5m bet with Dana White on his fight with Anderson SilvaCredit: AP
    Dana White said Jake Paul would never fight Anderson SilvaCredit: Getty
    So now the YouTuber-turned boxer is ready to put his money where his mouth is with an eye-watering wager.
    Paul said: “No one thought I’d take this fight, even Dana White did not think I would take this fight.
    “And Dana, I know you’re watching, bro, you still owe me a million dollars from when you bet against me on Ben Askren.
    “I want you to come out of hiding, stop being a bitch and make a bet against me and Anderson, and actually pay up this time.
    READ MORE IN BOXING
    “Because you didn’t think that I would take this fight. So let’s make a bet, let’s put one mil, two mil, five mil on it.
    “But I bet you won’t Dana, because you’re a bitch.”
    Paul, 25, made his pro debut in 2020, beating online rival “AnEsonGib”, 26, in one round before knocking out ex-NBA star Nate Robinson, 38.
    He then KO’d retired UFC welterweight Askren, 38, in a fight he told Mike Tyson he would bet $1m on Paul losing.
    Most read in Boxing
    FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
    Since then, the prizefighter has twice beaten ex-UFC champion Tyron Woodley, 40, firstly on points and then by KO.
    During that period, Tommy Fury, 23, has twice pulled out of facing Paul, firstly for a rib injury and then a US visa issue.
    Hasim Rahman Jr, 31, a 13-1 heavyweight, signed to replace Fury in August until a weight disagreement cancelled their bout.
    So he will return against UFC legend Silva, 47, who also holds a 5-1 record in the ring and beat ex-champ Julio Cesar Chavez Jr, 36, in 2021.
    Paul said: “This is it. This is a make-or-break moment.
    “I know that I have someone who just beat a former world champion boxer in front of me.
    “I don’t take him lightly at all. He’s the GOAT of striking, he’s the GOAT of MMA.”
    Jake Paul faces Anderson Silva on October 29Credit: Getty Images – Getty More

  • in

    Nate Diaz to attend Jake Paul’s fight with Anderson Silva with ex-UFC star linked with boxing match against YouTuber

    NATE DIAZ is set to attend Jake Paul’s fight with Anderson Silva amid talks of a boxing match of his own against the YouTube star. Diaz is now free to cross over to the ring after completing the final bout on his UFC deal.
    Nate Diaz is set to attend Jake Paul’s fight with Anderson SilvaCredit: Getty
    Jake Paul is set to return against UFC legend Anderson Silva on October 29Credit: Getty
    In the months leading up to his farewell fight in the octagon, Paul has teased future talks with Diaz.
    The American, 25, returns against UFC legend Silva, 47, in Arizona on October 29, his sixth professional bout.
    And Diaz’s training partner Chris Avila, 29, is set to feature on the undercard, meaning the MMA veteran will be in attendance.
    Diaz said: “Yo, Jake Paul and Anderson Silva, let me get some tickets ringside.
    READ MORE IN BOXING
    “My boy Chris Avila is fighting on that card, so yeah I for sure will be there.”
    Diaz, 37, was due to fight Khamzat Chimaev, 28, in his final UFC bout.
    But Chechen-born Swede Chimaev was overweight on the scales, meaning Tony Ferguson, 38, filled in as a replacement.
    Diaz went on to submit Ferguson in round four and is already eyeing a boxing switch.
    Most read in Boxing
    He said: “I want to get out of the UFC for a minute and show all these fighters how to take over and own up another sport how you’re supposed to do it because Conor McGregor didn’t know how to do it.
    “None of these other fighters know how to do it. So I’m going to go out there and I’m going take over another profession and become the best at that.
    “Show everybody I’m the best at that and then I’m going to be right the f*** back here to get a motherf**** UFC title. The best title in the world.”
    Nate Diaz submitted Tony Ferguson at UFC 279Credit: Getty More