More stories

  • in

    Mauricio Pochettino makes Dele Alli his ‘main transfer target’ as new PSG boss steps up loan chase

    TOTTENHAM and Paris Saint-Germain are reportedly set to discuss a loan move for Dele Alli in the coming days.
    Mauricio Pochettino has made the midfielder his top target since arriving as Les Parisiens’ new boss.

    Mauricio Pochettino is chasing a reunion with Tottenham’s Dele AlliCredit: –

    Jose Mourinho left Dele, 24, on the bench for Spurs’ recent 1-1 draw with Fulham.
    After which, the player looked glum on Instagram having made just four league appearances all season.
    According to The Guardian, he is keen for a change of scenery in the final months of the season.
    And a link-up with old Spurs supremo Pochettino could reignite Dele’s chances of making England’s European Championship squad.

    But Tottenham are said to be against the idea of a loan exit, given their impending fixture mayhem as they compete on several fronts.
    Talks are reportedly set to continue in the coming days.
    BETTING OFFER: CLAIM RISK FREE £20 BET WITH PADDY POWER

    SunSport stated last month that Dele is seen as a potentially vital asset in PSG’s assault on Ligue 1 and the Champions League.

    Tottenham legend Glenn Hoddle believes the midfielder must make a decision this month, as to whether he is happy to remain patient in the hope of an eventual opening in the starting line-up.
    The 63-year-old told SunSport: “I can’t see him getting in at the moment, because they’re winning.
    “He’s only being used in Europa football and the League Cup.

    He’s going to have to wait for an injury, then he’s got to make a big impact on Jose.
    Glenn Hoddle

    “He’s not going to get in unless there’s an injury or a lack of form. The lack of form goes out the window because there’s a settled team there.
    “He’s going to have to wait for an injury, then he’s got to make a big impact on Jose to play. I’m talking about playing week in, week out, and he needs that.
    “If he feels he can’t do that, he needs to communicate that to the manager, and if he sees it that way as well, a loan deal could be possible.”

    Jose Mourinho insists it is not up to him whether Dele Alli is sold in January amid PSG transfer links More

  • in

    Jose Mourinho’s brutal Mesut Ozil put down after Arsenal star said he would rather retire than play for Tottenham

    JOSE MOURINHO has hit back at Mesut Ozil’s dig that he would rather retire than play for Tottenham – by saying he would not want him anyway.
    Arsenal’s out-of-favour German had a pop at their North London rivals in a Twitter Q&A.

    Mesut Ozil says he would rather retire than play for SpursCredit: Reuters

    Mourinho joked that he wouldn’t want the 32-year-old midfielder anywayCredit: PA:Press Association

    But Spurs boss Mourinho scoffed: “Who told him Tottenham are interested in signing him?”
    At his bullish press conference this afternoon, the Special One also slammed Fulham for moaning they only had 48 hours to prepare for Wednesday night’s hastily-rearranged clash at Tottenham.
    The original fixture on December 30 was called off less than three hours before kick off due to a Covid outbreak in the Cottagers camp.
    It will now take place tomorrow after Tottenham’s scheduled clash at Aston Villa became the latest fixture to fall due to coronavirus – this time in the Villa squad.

    The Premier League announced on Monday Spurs will host Fulham instead.
    This has left the visitors unhappy as they say had they known they would be playing a match this week they would have fielded a different line-up for their FA Cup third-round tie at QPR on Saturday.
    This is despite the Cottagers making seven changes to their team and playing several fringe stars in a 2-0 win at the Hoops.
    When asked if he could understand Fulham’s frustration, Mourinho said: “Are you serious? They had 48 hours to prepare for this game.

    FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN SIGN UP OFFERS HERE

    “Look I heard the news that I was not going to play them two hours before the game was due to start.”
    Mourinho also insisted Harry Winks will NOT be leaving Tottenham in this month’s transfer window.
    The England midfielder has been linked with a loan move to Spain.
    But Mourinho said: “What more do I have to say to stop this talk? I told you already he is going nowhere.
    “He has played in recent matches. He didn’t play in the last one at Marine because it was a decision to let others play.
    “Tomorrow he is selected again and if someone is speaking about him going to other clubs, my advice is don’t lose your time.”

    Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta says that Mesut Ozil can talk to other clubs More

  • in

    Arsenal and Spurs boost in transfer hunt for Leipzig star Marcel Sabitzer after playmaker ‘rejects new contract offer’

    MARCEL SABITZER has reportedly turned down RB Leipzig’s latest contract offer – alerting Tottenham and Arsenal.
    The North London rivals have both been linked with the Austrian midfielder following his stellar form in the Bundesliga.

    Marcel Sabitzer has been a key player for RB Leipzig since joining in 2015Credit: PA:Press Association

    Jose Mourinho in particular is a fan of Sabitzer’s, following his two-goal demolition of Spurs in last season’s Champions League.
    And Arsenal are thought to be chasing a creative midfielder in the January transfer window.
    A fee of around £30million has been touted with the Leipzig captain’s contract expiring in 18 months’ time.
    But the German club may be tempted to cash in soon if Sabitzer refuses to agree a new contract.

    According to Sky Germany, via Fussball Transfers, the 26-year-old has turned down an extension.
    It is said that Sabitzer would prefer leaving in the summer of 2022, when his deal expires, with the club considering a sale at the end of this season.

    Leipzig sporting director Markus Krösche told Bild recently that talks are more likely to progress in a couple of months’ time.
    He said: “We wanted to end the year first. Both sides will deal with the issue more intensively in the spring.”

    Likewise, Sabitzer has previously insisted that his contract situation will not be discussed until later in the year.
    The player stated last month: “If I read my contract correctly, it expires in June 2022, which means it runs for another 18 months.

    The club have said that there would be no contract talks during the season.
    Marcel SabitzerDecember 2020

    “We’ll have to see about everything else. I’m just doing my job. We have a game every three days, that’s exhausting enough.
    “The club have said that there would be no contract talks during the season.
    “So I’m fully focused on playing a successful season and don’t think about what will happen later on at all.”
    ⚽ Read our Arsenal live blog for the latest news from The Emirates

    Mikel Arteta says Emile Smith Rowe is becoming more and more important in the team after Arsenal’s eventual win against Newcastle More

  • in

    Jose Mourinho’s brutal Mesut Ozil put down after Arsenal star said he’d rather retire than play for Tottenham

    JOSE MOURINHO has hit back at Mesut Ozil’s dig that he would rather retire than play for Tottenham – by saying he would not want him anyway.
    Arsenal’s out-of-favour German had a pop at their North London rivals in a Twitter Q&A.

    Mesut Ozil says he would rather retire than play for SpursCredit: Reuters

    Mourinho joked that he wouldn’t want the 32-year-old midfielder anywayCredit: PA:Press Association

    But Spurs boss Mourinho scoffed: “Who told him Tottenham are interested in signing him?”
    At his bullish press conference this afternoon, the Special One also slammed Fulham for moaning they only had 48 hours to prepare for Wednesday night’s hastily-rearranged clash at Tottenham.
    The original fixture on December 30 was called off less than three hours before kick off due to a Covid outbreak in the Cottagers camp.
    It will now take place tomorrow after Tottenham’s scheduled clash at Aston Villa became the latest fixture to fall due to coronavirus – this time in the Villa squad.

    The Premier League announced on Monday Spurs will host Fulham instead.
    This has left the visitors unhappy as they say had they known they would be playing a match this week they would have fielded a different line-up for their FA Cup third-round tie at QPR on Saturday.
    This is despite the Cottagers making seven changes to their team and playing several fringe stars in a 2-0 win at the Hoops.
    When asked if he could understand Fulham’s frustration, Mourinho said: “Are you serious? They had 48 hours to prepare for this game.

    FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN SIGN UP OFFERS HERE

    “Look I heard the news that I was not going to play them two hours before the game was due to start.”
    Mourinho also insisted Harry Winks will NOT be leaving Tottenham in this month’s transfer window.
    The England midfielder has been linked with a loan move to Spain.
    But Mourinho said: “What more do I have to say to stop this talk? I told you already he is going nowhere.
    “He has played in recent matches. He didn’t play in the last one at Marine because it was a decision to let others play.
    “Tomorrow he is selected again and if someone is speaking about him going to other clubs, my advice is don’t lose your time.”

    Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta says that Mesut Ozil can talk to other clubs More

  • in

    Jose Mourinho’s brutal Mesut Ozil put down after Arsenal ace said he’d rather retire than play for Tottenham

    JOSE MOURINHO has hit back at Mesut Ozil’s dig that he would rather retire than play for Tottenham – by saying he would not want him anyway.
    Arsenal’s out-of-favour German had a pop at their North London rivals in a Twitter Q&A.

    Mesut Ozil says he would rather retire than play for SpursCredit: Reuters

    Mourinho joked that he wouldn’t want the 32-year-old midfielder anywayCredit: PA:Press Association

    But Spurs boss Mourinho scoffed: “Who told him Tottenham are interested in signing him?”
    At his bullish press conference this afternoon, the Special One also slammed Fulham for moaning they only had 48 hours to prepare for tomorrow night’s hastily-rearranged clash at Tottenham.
    The original fixture on December 30 was called off less than three hours before kick off due to a Covid outbreak in the Cottagers camp.
    It will now take place tomorrow after Tottenham’s scheduled clash at Aston Villa became the latest fixture to fall due to coronavirus – this time in the Villa squad.

    The Premier League announced yesterday Spurs will host Fulham instead.
    This has left the visitors unhappy as they say had they known they would be playing a match this week they would have fielded a different line-up for their FA Cup third-round tie at QPR on Saturday.
    This is despite the Cottagers making seven changes to their team and playing several fringe stars in a 2-0 win at the Hoops.
    When asked if he could understand Fulham’s frustration, Mourinho said: “Are you serious? They had 48 hours to prepare for this game.

    FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN SIGN UP OFFERS HERE

    “Look I heard the news that I was not going to play them two hours before the game was due to start.”
    Mourinho also insisted Harry Winks will NOT be leaving Tottenham in this month’s transfer window.
    The England midfielder has been linked with a loan move to Spain.
    But Mourinho said: “What more do I have to say to stop this talk? I told you already he is going nowhere.
    “He has played in recent matches. He didn’t play in the last one at Marine because it was a decision to let others play.
    “Tomorrow he is selected again and if someone is speaking about him going to other clubs, my advice is don’t lose your time.”

    Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta says that Mesut Ozil can talk to other clubs More

  • in

    Valencia make second Harry Winks loan transfer offer after Tottenham reject first bid for England midfielder

    VALENCIA have reportedly made a second loan bid for Tottenham’s Harry Winks after having an initial approach rejected for the England midfielder.
    The Spanish side are believed to be willing to pay the entirety of Winks’ wages, journalist Guillem Balague claims.

    Harry Winks is being chased by Spanish side ValenciaCredit: Rex Features

    However, the large loan fee Spurs are demanding appears to be a stumbling block which Spanish football expert Balague suggests is making ‘the deal very unlikely at the moment’.
    Valencia failed with their first audacious bid to lure the Three Lions middle man to LaLiga but aren’t ready to admit defeat.
    Boss Javi Gracia is a huge admirer of Winks, 24, after keeping a close eye on him during his stint as Watford manager between 2018-19.
    Gracia arrived at the Mestalla in the summer and is in desperate need of reinforcements with his side teetering above the relegation zone.

    Valencia are 13th but just three points above the drop with a number of their rivals having games in hand.
    It appears the club have made Winks their No1 transfer target as they attempt to pull off a major coup.
    SunSport revealed last month that the England international could move abroad to keep his Euro 2021 dreams alive.
    Winks has found himself out in the cold at times in Jose Mourinho’s Prem squad this season – threatening his Three Lions place for this summer.

    BETTING OFFER: CLAIM RISK FREE £20 BET WITH PADDY POWER

    Winks has mixed fortunes under the Special OneCredit: Reuters

    But he has staged a mini-recovery, featuring in Spurs’ last three league games and starting two of them.
    Mourinho insisted he has no plans to let Winks leave this month.
    The Portuguese manager said: “In relation to Winks on loan in January, no way. He came to me. Not just him, many players come to me.
    “I have my office on the first floor but I also have a little space on the ground floor next to the players’ dressing room where I used to be before and after training sessions to make it easy for them.
    “So it is easy for them to come around the corner to speak to me, so yes, Winks came to speak to me.”

    Jose Mourinho comments on the performance of Winks, Dele and the rest of his players More

  • in

    Tottenham battling Arsenal for Marcel Sabitzer transfer but RB Leipzig won’t sell £30m-rated star until the summer

    TOTTENHAM boss Jose Mourinho has earmarked Marcel Sabitzer as a major transfer target, according to reports.
    The RB Leipzig midfielder has emerged into the primetime with the club, having joined while they were second-tier in 2014.

    Marcel Sabitzer showed Tottenham his worth last season with two goals past them in the Champions LeagueCredit: Getty Images – Getty

    And his rise with last year’s Champions League semi-finalists has reportedly alerted Tottenham and Arsenal to his abilities.
    According to The Athletic, Mourinho is a big fan of Sabitzer and the midfielder is seen as ready-made for the coach’s setup.
    A role alongside Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg is thought to be perfect for the Leipzig captain.
    Mourinho was able to do his own scouting report on Sabitzer in March’s last-16 defeat to Leipzig in the Champions League, the second leg seeing him score twice.

    A January transfer is seen as unlikely given Leipzig’s Bundesliga title tilt.
    Julian Nagelsmann’s side are two points off leaders Bayern Munich ahead of the weekend’s games, which includes Leipzig hosting fourth-place Borussia Dortmund.

    The club have said that there would be no contract talks during the season. So I’m fully focused on playing a successful season.
    Marcel Sabitzer

    Mourinho has also discussed his pessimism at being able to improve his side in January.
    Therefore a summer switch is seen as most likely with Sabitzer’s contract expiring in June 2022, potentially reducing his fee as low as £30million.

    The player stated last month: “If I read my contract correctly, it expires in June 2022, which means it runs for another 18 months. We’ll have to see about everything else.
    “I’m just doing my job. We have a game every three days, that’s exhausting enough.
    FANCY A PUNT? CLAIM £40 IN FREE BETS BY BETTING £10

    “The club have said that there would be no contract talks during the season. So I’m fully focused on playing a successful season and don’t think about what will happen later on at all.”
    Leipzig sporting director Markus Krosche has admitted that bids may soon be landing for the midfielder.
    He recently told Bild: “[Sabitzer] has made a great development.
    “It goes without saying that other clubs also notice this.”

    Marcel Sabitzer is being chased by Premier League clubs – here is why More

  • in

    Christian Eriksen could make shock Tottenham transfer return just a year after Inter move if Dele Alli joins PSG

    CHRISTIAN ERIKSEN could reportedly be set for a stunning return to Tottenham.
    The Inter Milan playmaker is on the transfer list a year after quitting Spurs for the San Siro.

    Christian Eriksen is out of favour at Inter MilanCredit: Getty Images – Getty

    Dele Alli has been sidelined by Jose Mourinho at TottenhamCredit: Getty Images – Getty

    He is enduring a nightmare time under Antonio Conte and has made just five starts this season.
    According to Gazzetta dello Sport, Jose Mourinho fancies bringing Eriksen back as a replacement for Dele Alli.
    Alli could also be on the move after being frozen out by Mourinho.
    A reunion with Mauricio Pochettino at Paris Saint-Germain is on the cards for the England international.

    SunSport reported on Christmas Day that one of Pochettino’s top January targets is Alli, who was a regular for Spurs under the Argentine.
    FANCY A PUNT? TODAY’S BEST ODDS BOOSTS FROM THE UK’S LEADING BOOKIES

    Eriksen’s lack of minutes for Inter is a far cry from his role as one of Tottenham’s key men in his six-and-a-half years at the club.
    The Danish playmaker left Spurs last January after rejecting contract extension offers when his previous deal was set to expire.

    Another of the 28-year-old’s former clubs, Ajax, are also reportedly interested.
    Inter bigwig Beppe Marotta last month confirmed that the club wanted a permanent sale for Eriksen.
    Marotta said: “We’ve been very clear many times that there are players on the so-called transfer list, these are players who want to play more regularly, and the club is ready to make them happy and find replacements.

    “Eriksen is on the transfer list, Piero Ausilio confirmed as much. He has struggled to settle into the squad, he is not functional to the squad.
    “That is not any insult towards his professionalism, there is no punishment.
    “It’s just a situation that has developed and it’s only fair he goes where he can play more regularly.”

    Inter Milan CONFIRM Christian Eriksen has been transfer listed with ex-Tottenham ace ‘not functional to our plans’ More