More stories

  • in

    Jake Paul ‘reveals’ how much KSI is paying Tommy Fury for fight… but says rival should be making FOUR TIMES more

    JAKE PAUL has claimed Tommy Fury should be paid FOUR TIMES more than what KSI is giving him for their fight. Paul suffered defeat for the first time in February, losing a split-decision to Fury in Saudi Arabia.
    Tommy Fury facing off with KSICredit: Leigh Dawney/Misfits Boxing
    But he snubbed a rematch to instead return on August 5 in Texas against ex-UFC star Nate Diaz, 38.
    So Fury, 24, turned his attention to KSI, 30, and the two are closing in on the latest celebrity blockbuster bout.
    Paul, 26, claimed his old rival is set to earn $1.5million (£1.1m) but should demand quadruple that.
    He said on his podcast: “KSI is offering you like $1.5m which is way underpaid for Tommy, especially coming off that win. Tommy should be making $5-6m and it’s crazy and bizarre to me that Tommy is even entertaining that.
    READ MORE IN BOXING
    “But whatever he wants to do that’s why I put out the offer like, ‘Yeah let’s run it in October’ which is when that fight’s going to be anyway.
    “I’m ready, Tommy knows it’s a bigger fight and bigger payday.”
    Despite the inside information, KSI’s manager Mams Taylor hit back: “Absolute nonsense! This kid is so sour.”
    KSI is set to jump up to 185lb at the request of Fury but insisted there must be a rehydration clause limiting what they can weigh on fight day.
    Most read in Boxing
    CASINO SPECIAL – BEST ONLINE CASINOS FOR 2023
    Promoter Kalle Sauerland tweeted to say the weight had been agreed and that a deal was “very close”.
    Paul had offered to rematch Fury if talks with KSI collapsed and the deal appears to still be on the table.
    He said: “I obviously always wanted to do the rematch.
    “But it seems like KSI is kind of bulls***ting him and doesn’t want to make the whole entire weight situation work out.
    “KSI loves to weight drain people as much as possible, I don’t know if the fight’s actually going to go through.
    “KSI is delusional and he has the craziest ego and he thinks he’s way better than he is.
    “Tommy’s going to knock him the f*** out but he’s going to learn, that’s fine.”
    Tommy Fury beat Jake Paul on pointsCredit: Reuters More

  • in

    UFC legend Nate Diaz risks injury by taking part in gruelling sport THREE WEEKS before Jake Paul fight

    NATE DIAZ risks potentially picking up an injury just weeks before his showdown with Jake Paul – by taking part in TWO triathlons.The former UFC lightweight title challenger will lock horns with the YouTuber-turned-boxer in a Dallas dust-up on August 5.
    Nate Diaz will throw down with Jake Paul in a boxing week on August 5Credit: DAZN
    But the former UFC star will take part in TWO triathlons before he faces the YouTuberCredit: INSTAGRAM@NATEDIAZ209
    Diaz has taken part in triathlons throughout his fight careerCredit: INSTAGRAM@NATEDIAZ209
    Diaz, 38, has trained in triathlons throughout his career in order to keep himself in tip-top shape.
    And he would’ve taken part in back-to-back triathlons by the time he shares the ring with Problem Child Paul.
    During an appearance on The Pat McAfee Show, he said: “I’ve got a race this weekend and next weekend also.
    “But this one’s going to be in a lake so that’s good. Those are my favourite races.”

    Diaz shares his love of triathlons with brother Nick, who has competed in the treacherous ‘Escape From Alcatraz’ – in which competitors swim from the notorious island prison back to mainland San Franciso.
    But Nate has yet to participate in the race, admitting: “I never did Alcatraz though, my brother did it.
    “I would have done that one but we race all year long.
    “And about a week or two out I try not to do too big of races.
    Most read in Sport
    Nate Diaz’s clash with Jake Paul will be hifs first fight since leaving the UFC last yearCredit: Getty
    “So every time he’s done Alcatraz I was about two weeks out from a fight so I’d always miss that race.
    “But I’ve done other stuff like I did the Big Kahuna half Ironman in Santa Cruz, out there you swim around the pier.
    “The whole team you hear seals and a load of s**t, it’s the scariest thing ever I hate those.”
    Nate isn’t the biggest fan of ocean swims – mainly because of his fear of being eaten by sharks.
    He continued: “Every time we would be on the beach getting ready to go in the morning, my brother would be all pumped up.
    “I’d be like ‘Motherf****r, I’m only doing this because of you and now I’m going to get eaten by a shark’.
    Jake Paul has vowed to put a beating on Nate DiazCredit: GETTY
    “I hate ocean swims but I’ve done a bunch of them and now that my brother hasn’t been competing as much, I haven’t been dragged into too many ocean ones.”
    Nate’s clash with Paul will be his maiden professional boxing match and first outing since officially leaving the UFC last November.
    And former Disney star Paul plans to make it a long night at the office for the Stockton slugger.
    The 26-year-old said: “I’m going to make sure it’s a living hell the whole time.
    Read More on The Sun
    “I think that he’s got a long night ahead of him.
    “I do as well but I’m not afraid of it. I’m ready to rock and roll.” More

  • in

    KSI vs Tommy Fury now ‘very close’ to being confirmed after rivals agree terms in last-minute negotiations

    KSI and Tommy Fury are now “very close” to confirming their fight after a last-minute agreement in negotiations.The celebrity pair were locked in talks for an all-British bout in Manchester.
    KSI and Tommy Fury are now ‘very close’ to confirming their fightCredit: Leigh Dawney/Misfits Boxing
    Tommy Fury and KSI have agreed upon a fight weightCredit: AFP
    But KSI came out and threw doubt over the fight by revealing a disagreement in weight.
    He accused Fury of trying to change it from 180lb to 185lb and admitted it could be axed because of it.
    KSI set a deadline on Monday to get the deal done and on the same day his promoter Kalle Sauerland revealed the weight was agreed upon.
    Sauerland tweeted: “CONFIRMED: weights agreed today for @KSI v @tommytntfury….very close now!”
    READ MORE IN BOXING
    Fury did insist the weight had to be 185lb or else he would walk away to focus on a rematch with Jake Paul.
    He said: “Just a few things to clear up; KSI’s only just agreed to do drug testing for this fight.
    “Took his time with that one. And now he’s complaining about the weight. This fight’s at 185, take-it-or-leave it.
    “I know you’re a midget and you’re worrying about the weight but get some more food down you and you’ll get there.
    Most read in Boxing
    CASINO SPECIAL – BEST ONLINE CASINOS FOR 2023

    “If you just don’t want to fight, I know somebody who will fight in October, somebody who is ready to fight and will get to 185.
    “Jake Paul, if you want to run it back, let’s do it, fine by me. I’ll knock you spark out this time. So let me know boys.”
    KSI appeared to bite the bullet and accepted the weight – so long as there is an on the day weigh in too.
    He tweeted: “Tommy, I wanna KO your ass so badly that I’ll come up in weight and do 185 lbs if you agree to do the weigh in on the morning of fight day.
    “Nice fair fight. If not you will forever be known as Tommy Ducky.”
    For KSI’s last fight against nightclub tycoon and 9-0 boxer Joe Fournier, it was at 180lb.
    But there was a 10lb rehydration clause, meaning the two could not go over 190lb for the second weigh in just hours before the bout.
    KSI, 30, went on to knock out Fournier, 40, with an accidental but illegal elbow, with the result being overturned to a no-contest.
    Read More On The Sun
    But a rematch was snubbed so he could turn his attention to Fury, 24, who in February beat KSI’s YouTube rival Paul, 26, in Saudi Arabia.
    Tommy Fury facing off with KSICredit: Getty More

  • in

    Nate Diaz, 38, hits back at claims he is fighting with brain damage as ex-UFC star insists ‘I’m smarter now than ever’

    NATE DIAZ has hit back at claims he is fighting with brain damage and insisted: “I’m smarter now than ever”. Diaz is a veteran of MMA with 34 bouts but at the age of 38 he is making his professional boxing debut against Jake Paul.
    Nate Diaz has hit back at claims he is fighting with brain damageCredit: Getty
    And ahead of the August 5 bout, the American denied suffering from chronic traumatic encephalopathy.
    Diaz said on The Pat McAfee Show: “These f****** are talking about how I talk, and I’ve got f****** CTE or some s***.
    “I’m like, ‘Bro, I’ve been talking this way the whole motherf****** time.’ It’s got nothing to do with getting hit or none of that.
    “I’m smarter now than ever.”
    READ MORE IN BOXING
    CTE is a progressive and fatal brain disease associated with repeated head trauma, including concussions and repeated blows.
    It is also associated with the development of dementia and has affected fighters and NFL stars.
    Diaz – who has suffered nasty cuts to the face during his career – is looking to maintain his record of having never been knocked out.
    He said: “I don’t really be eating punches like they say.
    Most read in Boxing
    BETTING SPECIAL – BEST NO DEPOSIT CASINO OFFERS
    “I bleed because of the forearms and elbows and s*** cut me up but like I said, I’ve been in a boxing gym and it might not look like it but I roll with a lot of these punches that anybody lands on me.
    “I’m not just walking in like a meathead into punches. I’ve never been knocked out. I’ve never even really been f****** stunned stupid or nothing.”
    Paul, 26, returns off the back of his first ever defeat, losing a split-decision to Tommy Fury, 24, in Saudi Arabia.
    And he will do so in his first-ever fight scheduled over ten rounds.
    Paul said: “I’m going to make sure it’s a living hell the whole time.
    “I think that he’s got a long night ahead of him. I do as well but I’m not afraid of it. I’m ready to rock and roll.”
    Jake Paul facing off with Nate DiazCredit: @mostvaluablepromotions More

  • in

    Jake Paul eyes three massive fights after Nate Diaz bout and reveals offer to rematch rival Tommy Fury

    JAKE PAUL has three massive fights eyed up after his return against Nate Diaz – with a Tommy Fury rematch being one of them. The YouTuber-turned boxer tasted defeat for the first time in February, losing a split-decision to Fury in Saudi Arabia.
    Jake Paul after his defeat to Tommy FuryCredit: @tommyfury

    But he snubbed a rematch to instead face ex-UFC star Diaz, 38, on August 5 in Texas.
    Although Paul insisted the chapter is not closed with Fury and even has an offer out for a sequel while also calling out Conor McGregor.
    He told talkSPORT: “As far as my personal career, there’s so many fighters.
    “We have offers out to Fury, we’ve been trying to do the KSI negotiations for years.
    READ MORE IN BOXING
    “But when I knock out Diaz, I think McGregor’s gonna see me, want a payday, and come and get knocked out.”
    Fury, 24, and Paul’s bitter rival KSI, 30, are closing in on a deal to fight so the American could be forced to look elsewhere for his next bout.
    McGregor – who lost his one and only boxing fight against Floyd Mayweather – has been a long time target.
    But now Paul, 26, is ready to even fight the Irishman, 34, in the MMA cage.
    Most read in Boxing
    BETTING SPECIAL – BEST NO DEPOSIT CASINO OFFERS
    He said: “We can fight in the PFL smart cage, whatever it is.
    “I told everybody that I would fight Conor in any form of fight because he, in my opinion, is that shot.
    “I’ll do MMA, I’m not afraid to step in there. I’ve wanted to do that my whole career.
    “I’m a wrestler, I’ve got a wrestling background, so all I’d have to learn is some jiu-jitsu and some kicks, which seems pretty easy to me.”
    Conor McGregor has been called out by Jake PaulCredit: Getty More

  • in

    Jake Paul mocks Tommy Fury for ‘tasting the canvas’ against him and hits out at ‘b****’ KSI over fight demands

    JAKE PAUL has mocked Tommy Fury for “tasting the canvas” against him and hits out at KSI’s fight demands. KSI is locked in a weight dispute with Fury after accusing him of wanting their bout changed from 180lb to 185lb.
    Jake Paul addressed KSI and Tommy Fury online
    Tommy Fury and KSI are in a dispute over weightCredit: Misfits boxing
    And his great rival Paul – whose brother Logan was beaten by KSI at cruiserweight in 2019 – weighed in on the row on social media.
    He said: “Tommy, I’m going to teach you a little something here.
    “KSI is a bitch, he’s all f*****g talk. He fought Logan at 193lb but wants to weight drain everybody.
    “He says, ‘Oh, I’m levels above everybody’ but then wants everybody to cut down to get them to as low as possible so that he can take advantage of them.
    READ MORE IN BOXING
    “It’s not going to happen, he’s all talk, he only want to fight disabled video gamers or guys who are f****** old and f****** elbow them in the face.”
    KSI, 30, has agreed to Fury’s demand to fight at 185lb but wants another weigh in on the day to restrict their rehydration.
    And the YouTuber-turned boxer warned he has until Monday to sign the deal.
    Paul, 26, lost to Fury, 24, by split-decision in their Saudi Arabia grudge match in February but scored a knockdown in the eighth and final round.
    Most read in Boxing
    FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
    The American snubbed a rematch to instead return on August 5 in Texas against Nate Diaz, 38.
    But both have agreed to rematch in October if talks with KSI collapse and Paul has already started the war of words.
    He said: “Tommy as my son, I’m disappointed in you, man. I made you a millionaire, I made you famous.
    “You haven’t said thank you. You’re a p***k, you’re a bitch, you said you would wipe me across the floor, wipe me across the canvas.
    “But you’re the one that tasted the chance, you’re the one that tasted the floor in a split-decision you barely beat me.
    “So after I knock out Nate Diaz, August 5th, I’m coming for you Tommy. You better be ready, I’m coming.”
    Jake Paul dropped Tommy Fury in his defeatCredit: EPA More

  • in

    KSI AGREES to Tommy Fury’s ‘take-it-or-leave it’ fight offer… but YouTube star has controversial demand

    KSI has AGREED to Tommy Fury’s “take-it-or-leave it” fight offer – but under one condition. The celebrity pair were locked in negotiations for an all-British bout in Manchester.
    Tommy Fury facing off with KSICredit: Leigh Dawney/Misfits Boxing
    But KSI came out and threw doubt over the fight by revealing a disagreement in weight.
    He accused Fury of trying to change it from 180lb to 185lb and admitted it could be axed because of it.
    And on Instagram, Fury hit back: “Now he’s complaining about the weight. This fight’s at 185, take-it-or-leave it.”
    So KSI has appeared to bite the bullet and accepted the weight – so long as there is an on the day weigh in too.
    READ MORE IN boxing
    He tweeted: “Tommy, I wanna KO your ass so badly that I’ll come up in weight and do 185 lbs if you agree to do the weigh in on the morning of fight day.
    “Nice fair fight. If not you will forever be known as Tommy Ducky.”
    For KSI’s last fight against nightclub tycoon and 9-0 boxer Joe Fournier, it was at 180lb.
    But there was a 10lb rehydration clause, meaning the two could not go over 190lb for the second weigh in just hours before the bout.
    Most read in Boxing
    BETTING SPECIAL – BEST NO DEPOSIT CASINO OFFERS
    KSI, 30, went on to knock out Fournier, 40, with an accidental but illegal elbow, with the result being overturned to a no-contest.
    But a rematch was snubbed so he could turn his attention to Fury, 24, who in February beat KSI’s YouTube rival Jake Paul in Saudi Arabia.
    Fury is yet to respond to KSI’s rehydration clause but originally he was given until Monday to sign the fight contract.
    Tommy Fury beat Jake Paul on pointsCredit: GETTY
    KSI knocked out Joe Fournier with an accidental or illegal elbowCredit: PA More

  • in

    Tommy Fury hits back with ‘take-it-or-leave it’ offer to KSI and vows to knock Jake Paul ‘spark out’ if fight is axed

    TOMMY FURY hit back with a “take-it-or-leave it” offer to KSI and threatened to turn his attention back to Jake Paul if their fight collapses. Fury and KSI were locked in negotiations for an all-British celebrity boxing bout in Manchester.
    Tommy Fury hit back at KSI and threatened to fight Jake Paul instead
    KSI has given Tommy Fury until Monday to sign their fight contract
    But KSI came out and threw doubt over the fight by revealing a disagreement in weight.
    He accused Fury of trying to change it from 180lb to 185lb and admitted the fight could be axed because of it.
    And in response, Fury said on Instagram: “Just a few things to clear up; KSI’s only just agreed to do drug testing for this fight.
    “Took his time with that one. And now he’s complaining about the weight. This fight’s at 185, take-it-or-leave it.
    READ MORE IN BOXING
    “I know you’re a midget and you’re worrying about the weight but get some more food down you and you’ll get there.
    “If you just don’t want to fight, I know somebody who will fight in October, somebody who is ready to fight and will get to 185.
    “Jake Paul, if you want to run it back, let’s do it, fine by me. I’ll knock you spark out this time. So let me know boys.”
    Fury, 24, beat Paul, 24, by split-decision in Saudi Arabia but the American snubbed a rematch.
    Most read in Boxing
    BETTING SPECIAL – BEST NO DEPOSIT CASINO OFFERS
    He instead returns on August 5 in Texas against ex-UFC star Nate Diaz, 38, but he is ready to face his rival just two months after.
    Paul tweeted: “I’ve asked my team to send tommy fury the contract for rematch as early as October.
    “Need to handle business on August 5 and then we run it. 185 pounds. 10 rounds. Simple.”
    KSI, 30, has given Fury till Monday to sign the current contract, which states the bout must take place at 180lb.
    He said: “Tommy, I think you need to realise who the f*** you’re talking to.
    “I don’t need to do this. I don’t need to fight. I choose to fight. So I want you to listen you delusional piece of s***.
    “You’re disrespecting me and that’s p*****g me off. Sign the contract as it is or else I’m fighting someone else.
    “I’m tired of this back and forth with your stupid-ass team, and I damn well know that you’re not going to be getting that type of money anywhere else, not even Saudi Arabia.
    “You have until Monday, July 3, 6pm. to sign the contract. If you don’t sign it, I’m moving on, that’s that.
    Read More On The Sun
    “Remember, you need me, I definitely do not need you.”
    Jake Paul was beaten by Tommy Fury on pointsCredit: GETTY
    Tommy Fury facing off with KSICredit: Getty More