More stories

  • in

    Oleksandr Usyk reveals prediction for Anthony Joshua vs Deontay Wilder as one will be ‘unable to fight back’

    OLEKSANDR USYK has predicted who he thinks will win between Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder. The pair of former heavyweight world champions are still lined up for a blockbuster next year.
    Oleksandr Usyk has twice beaten Anthony JoshuaCredit: AP
    Deontay Wilder is still lined up to fight JoshuaCredit: Getty
    Usyk has two points victories over Joshua and believes Wilder’s feared power is the difference between the two.
    He said on his YouTube channel: “It would’ve been a phenomenal match. Wilder’s unique line’s if Wilder clips, one’s unable to fight back.
    “I’m going with Wilder on 60 per cent for the contest. He’s a puncher, and Joshua could be set upon.
    “Deontay’s able to send someone flying when he touches one. They usually fly.”
    READ MORE IN BOXING
    AJ most recently knocked out Robert Helenius, 39, in August after seven rounds and looked on course to face Wilder, 37, next.
    But after talks with Saudi Arabian backers broke down, promoter Eddie Hearn warned the dream bout faces postponement.
    And Hearn revealed Joshua, 34, could instead be back in an interim bout in December after targeting March or April for a fight with Wilder.
    But AJ could also turn his attention to IBF mandatory challenger Filip Hrgovic, 31, as an alternative.
    Most read in Boxing
    FREE BETS – BEST BETTING OFFERS AND BONUSES NEW CUSTOMERS
    Fury, 35, and Usyk, 36, have signed for an undisputed title decider in Saudi Arabia.
    So Hrgovic is in line to fight for the IBF “interim” belt which guarantees him a shot at the champion.
    Or he will inherit the full title if the victor of the unification was to be stripped or vacated.
    Hearn wants Joshua in a build-up fight before moving onto either Wilder or an IBF title shot.
    He revealed:”I think realistically December/January will be the date for his next fight, and then he’ll fight Deontay Wilder or he’ll fight for the IBF world heavyweight title.
    “He wants to become heavyweight champion, he wants to fight Deontay Wilder, he wants to fight Tyson Fury.
    “But he also wants to stay active, and that’s what he’s asked me to do to try and get him in the ring as soon as possible.”
    Anthony Joshua with promoter Eddie HearnCredit: Reuters More

  • in

    Tommy Fury’s dad John tells KSI to pay up HUGE bet after YouTuber’s controversial points loss to Love Islander

    JOHN FURY has demanded KSI “be a man and pay his debts” after his son Tommy defeated the YouTuber on Saturday.John, 59, claims that KSI, 30, had agreed to a £200,000 bet on the outcome of the fight on Saturday.
    John Fury has demanded that KSI pays a bet agreed on a live streamCredit: twitter @MichaelBensonn
    KSI won the bout with a narrow points victoryCredit: Getty
    Tommy came out the winner on the night after scoring a narrow points victory, with a fuming KSI taking to Instagram after the bout to say he had been “robbed” of victory.
    In a video posted to John’s X account, the father of Tommy and Tyson said: “This is a quick video for KSI. You owe me £200,000. We had a bet. I want paying.
    “Now don’t be like the other fella Jake Paul. Be a man and pay your bets. We had a bet live on a podcast, we’ve got all the evidence there, we’ll put it all together.
    “You owe me, John Fury, £200,000. I want paying. Thank you very much.”
    READ MORE ON BOXING
    The “podcast” John was referring to was a Twitch stream hosted by controversial streamer Adin Ross.
    John appeared in the stream alongside his son Tommy as they verbally went toe to toe with KSI.
    Fury said: “I will bet you $200,000 that he beats the s**t out of you. It’s only 200,000 because I’m not as rich as you guys. I’m only a working man.”
    KSI responded: “You know what? Deal. I’ll take your deal.”
    Most read in Boxing
    CASINO SPECIAL – BEST CASINO WELCOME OFFERS
    KSI then said he would give John’s bet to charity if he won.
    As of yet, KSI has not responded to John’s demands to be paid for the bet.
    John played an extremely active role in the promotion for the fight and was frequently in altercations with the YouTuber, turned musician, turned boxer.
    He was seen trying to smash down a glass cage that separated Tommy from KSI as he attempted to scrap with Tommy’s opponent as the two faced-off.
    John also threw a bottle at KSI earlier in the promotion for the fight which prompted KSI to spit at John.
    While the fight between Tommy and KSI may be over, it seems that a feud between John and KSI is just opening up. More

  • in

    Eddie Hearn tears into ‘terrible’ Tommy Fury as Love Island star licks wounds following snoozefest with KSI

    EDDIE HEARN has branded Tommy Fury a “terrible fighter” following his snoozefest with KSI.Former Love Islander Fury locked horns with the YouTuber-turned-influencer-boxer in a Misfits Manchester melee last Saturday.
    Tommy Fury locked horns with KSI on Saturday nightCredit: GETTY
    The former Love Island star laboured to a points victory over the YouTuberCredit: GETTY
    Eddie Hearn reckons Fury is a “TERRIBLE” boxerCredit: STICK TO FOOTBALL PODCAST
    Professional boxer Fury – the brother of WBC heavyweight champion Tyson – put himself under immense pressure to stop KSI in the weeks leading up to the bout.
    But the 24-year-old failed to deliver in what proved to be a clinch-athon of a fight, which will have done incredibly little to change Matchroom Boxing chief Hearn’s opinion of his skills.
    During an appearance on the Stick to Football podcast, Hearn said of Fury: “Yes, he’s a professional boxer, but he’s terrible.
    “He’s absolutely swam the channel.
    READ MORE IN BOXING
    “He’s gone from making, I don’t know, £50,000 a fight to making £4/£5m to fight a YouTuber.”
    Hearn’s broadcast partners DAZN have embraced the controversial influencer boxing world, much to the annoyance of boxing purists.
    But he insists it won’t overtake traditional boxing – despite its immense popularity among Gen Zers.
    He said: “I think it’s a threat – anything that is going to deliver numbers.
    Most read in Boxing
    FREE BETS – BEST BETTING OFFERS AND BONUSES NEW CUSTOMERS
    “You have to remember that the people that make boxing grow as a sport are the broadcasters.
    “As long as there is investment from the broadcasters, the sport will continue to flourish.
    “Then there is something else that brings numbers, and any broadcasters that look at it, they don’t really care much or as passionately about the sport as us – they just care about the numbers.
    “I don’t think it’s dangerous because I don’t think they are dangerous enough.”
    Fury was far from impressed with his performance but said in his post-fight interview: “I fought my absolute heart out and that’s all you can do.
    “I said from day one there will never be another Tyson Fury I’m just trying to be the best Tommy Fury that I can be.”
    A frustrated KSI – real name Olijade Olatunji – fumed at the result and took aim at Fury in his interview.
    He said: “Robbery, it’s a robbery. You weren’t landing, look at your face. Look at you.
    “I’m the YouTuber and you’re the boxer, you have to win.”
    Tommy Fury turned in a less-than-impressive display against KSICredit: GETTY More

  • in

    Eddie Hearn opens up on Wayne Rooney messages ‘after every fight’ as he teases huge clash vs Jake Paul at Old Trafford

    EDDIE HEARN revealed Wayne Rooney still messages him about a fight – with an Old Trafford showdown against Jake Paul teased. Rooney – an avid boxing fan who competed as an amateur when he was younger – fancies his chances against a celebrity rival.
    Wayne Rooney fancies his chances in the boxing ringCredit: Getty
    Jake Paul with boxing promoter Eddie HearnCredit: Sportsfile
    And Hearn told on The Overlap how the Manchester United legend could end up in the ring with YouTuber-turned boxer Paul.
    He said: “He won’t mind me saying but after every big fight, especially with a YouTuber, sometimes Rooney will fire me a message. “And I actually said to Wayne…”
    Rooney’s former United team-mate Gary Neville then chimed in: “Did you not see him against Phil Bardsley?”
    The ex-Old Trafford captain is referencing an infamous sparring session when Rooney was knocked out by Bardsley.
    READ MORE IN BOXING
    Hearn joked: “That was in the living room after about eight bottles of red.”
    He continued: “Wayne Rooney had a very limited amateur pedigree but could still fight.
    “Wayne Rooney training, and I said to him, ‘Imagine the shape you could get in as well. You’ll get right back into shape.’
    CASINO SPECIAL – BEST CASINO WELCOME OFFERS
    “(Rooney) against Jake Paul at Old Trafford.”
    Most read in Boxing
    Rooney, 37, is now back in England after taking over at Birmingham.
    But the ex-England striker has not played since 2021 when he finished his career with Derby.
    Paul, 26, on the other hand is three years into his professional boxing career and has a record of seven wins and one loss.
    That defeat came in February against rival Tommy Fury, 24, but the American bounced back in August by beating ex-UFC star Nate Diaz, 38.
    Now Paul is set to return again on Friday, December 15 with an opponent – who is expected to be another pro boxer – yet to be confirmed.
    Jake Paul beat Nate Diaz in his last fightCredit: Getty More

  • in

    Tommy Fury fresh-faced in first TV appearance after ‘six rounds of hugging and star jumps’ and reveals KSI rematch plan

    TOMMY FURY showed off a fresh-faced look in his first TV appearance just days after his win over KSI. Fury walked away with a controversial points win over the YouTube, music and crossover boxing star last Saturday in Manchester.
    Tommy Fury showed off a fresh-faced look in his first TV appearance since beating KSI
    But KSI raged at the “robbery” decision and revealed plans to APPEAL his first ever loss.
    Fury has hit back to mock KSI’s boxing style and the fact the fight was promoted on his Misfits Boxing banner.
    He said on Good Morning Britain: “At the end of the day he can come out and say what he wants but hugging and doing star jumps in the ring does not win a fight.
    “And he can go on about how he was robbed but at the end of the day it was his show, his officials, his judges so he’s saying your own people that you employ have robbed you?”
    READ MORE ON KSI
    Fury, 24, was left unmarked after the scrappy six rounds with KSI, 30.
    He was initially awarded a majority-decision win after two judges scored it 57-56 his way while another totted up his total to 57-57 even.
    But upon the release of the official scorecards, it was revealed official Rafael James had actually sided 56-57.
    The result has since been changed to a unanimous-decision win for Fury, who refused to confirm or rule out a rematch.
    Most read in Boxing
    FREE BETS – BEST BETTING OFFERS AND BONUSES NEW CUSTOMERS
    He said: “I don’t know, we’re gonna see. But that was a horrible fight to be a part of.
    “He didn’t wanna fight, he didn’t want to stand there and give the fans a good fight.
    “He just wanted to make it awkward, look horrible and run around the ring for six rounds.
    “It’s very irritating for someone like me who wanted to get in there and have a proper fight.”
    Tommy Fury walked away with a points win over KSICredit: Getty More

  • in

    DAZN chief calls for KSI vs Tommy Fury fight result to be overturned and demands rematch after ‘robbery’

    KSI has been backed in his quest to have his loss to Tommy Fury overturned and a rematch called. The YouTube, music and crossover boxing star was controversially beaten on points after six scrappy rounds with Fury.
    Tommy Fury controversially beat KSI on pointsCredit: Getty
    KSI fumed after the result was read out and revealed plans to APPEAL his first ever defeat.
    Even DAZN CEO Joe Markowski was in agreement and doubled down on his view online.
    He posted on X, formerly Twitter: “Stand by this. @KSI was robbed. Appeal and rematch please.”
    Markowski still has much to smile about after the Misfits Boxing event reportedly sold 1.3MILLION pay-per-views, according to Happy Punch.
    read more in boxing
    But much of the paying public would have been left underwhelmed by the bout, which was filled with ugly clinching and grabbing.
    Fury, 24, was even docked a point in round two for punches to the back of the head during one of many tie ups between the two.
    So it raised eyebrows when he was awarded a majority-decision win after two judges scored it 56-57 in his favour and another 57-57 a draw.
    But it was later revealed official Rafael James had actually sided 56-57 for Fury, with his win since being changed to a unanimous-decision.
    Most read in Boxing
    CASINO SPECIAL – BEST CASINO WELCOME OFFERS
    KSI, 30, was left raging after the loss and said: “That is a robbery. How many jabs did you land?
    “Look at your face, look at your eyes. I’m the YouTuber, you are the boxer so you have to win?
    “He is the man who is one who is supposed to be the pro boxer. He hit me on the back of the head over and over. It is outrageous.
    “I want to appeal. I need to see it again. I felt like I won that.”
    Tommy Fury raises his hand in victoryCredit: PA More

  • in

    KSI vs Tommy Fury PPV buys ‘revealed’ with blockbuster bout raking in over £25MILLION

    KSI and Tommy Fury’s blockbuster bout looks to have been a pay-per-view success with millions of pounds generated. The celebrity boxing pair sold out Manchester’s AO Arena and put bragging rights, reputations and unbeaten records on the line.
    Tommy Fury beat KSI on points as fans splashed the cash to catch a glimpseCredit: Getty
    And it was Fury who ultimately walked away with a controversial points win, handing KSI a first ever loss.
    The action itself proved to be few and far between leaving the paying public underwhelmed.
    But still the DAZN PPV event sold a stunning 1.3MILLION box office buys, according to Happy Punch.
    Priced at £19.99 in the UK, it means just over £25MILLION was made in PPV receipts alone.
    READ MORE ON KSI
    Promoters predicted it would actually surpass the British record PPV – believed to be 1.8m when Anthony Joshua beat Joseph Parker in 2018.
    Joshua’s last two losses – both to Oleksandr Usyk – reportedly sold 1.2m PPVs each.
    KSI, 30, is understood to have walked away with around £10m for the fight, with Fury, 24, making under half that.
    But he plans to APPEAL the loss having believed he did enough to win the scrappy six-rounder.
    Most read in Boxing
    CASINO SPECIAL – BEST CASINO WELCOME OFFERS
    Fury was docked a point in round two for punches to the back of the head but was handed a majority-decision on the night.
    But it was later overturned to a unanimous result after it was revealed one judge totted up his total of 57-57 wrong and instead scored in 56-57.
    After defeat, KSI raged: “That is a robbery. How many jabs did you land?
    “Look at your face, look at your eyes. I’m the YouTuber, you are the boxer so you have to win? 
    “He is the man who is one who is supposed to be the pro boxer. He hit me on the back of the head over and over. It is outrageous. 
    “I want to appeal. I need to see it again. I felt like I won that.”
    Tommy Fury raises his hand in victory but KSI reckons it was undeservedCredit: Getty More

  • in

    KSI’s coach overheard telling YouTuber to use dark arts against Tommy Fury that fans hated

    KSI’S coach was heard urging the YouTube star to deliberately clinch Tommy Fury to force a point to be taken off. The celebrity boxing pair sold out Manchester’s AO Arena for their blockbuster Battle of Britain.
    KSI and Tommy Fury clinched throughout their scrappy showdownCredit: Alamy
    And it was Fury who controversially walked away with a majority-decision win, which was later overturned to a unanimous.
    It raised eyebrows after the 2019 Love Islander was docked a point in round two for punches to the back of the head.
    The scrappy six-rounder was filled with ugly clinching and grabbing – a tactic actually encouraged by KSI’s head trainer Alexis Demetriades.
    Cameras captured the moment Demetriades told KSI, 30, to get up close with Fury, 24, and force his opponent into another penalty.
    READ MORE ON KSI
    He said: “You’re up on all the rounds and he’s got a point off.
    “Stay in the clinch with him and make him, he’s gonna hit you in the back of the head again and it will be another point off.”
    The clip was shared by KSI’s rival Jake Paul and garnered a negative response from fans.
    One said: “So KSI intentionally wanted to get hit at the back of the head.”
    Most read in Boxing
    CASINO SPECIAL – BEST CASINO WELCOME OFFERS
    Another added: “His coaches really lost him that fight.”
    After the dull affair, two judges scored the fight 57-56 in favour Fury while another totted up his total to 57-57 even. 
    But upon the release of the official scorecards, it was revealed official Rafael James had actually sided 56-57.
    The result has since been changed to a unanimous-decision win for Fury, which will only anger KSI after he revealed plans to APPEAL the loss.
    He raged: “That is a robbery. How many jabs did you land?
    “Look at your face, look at your eyes. I’m the YouTuber, you are the boxer so you have to win? 
    “He is the man who is one who is supposed to be the pro boxer. He hit me on the back of the head over and over. It is outrageous. 
    “I want to appeal. I need to see it again. I felt like I won that.”
    Tommy Fury walked away with the points winCredit: Reuters More