More stories

  • in

    ‘Crying with laughter.. might be worst answer ever’ – Fans baffled at totally wrong guess to Pointless football question

    FOOTBALL fans have been left “crying in laughter” after a totally wrong guess on Pointless.The BBC show hosted by Alexander Armstong gets contestants to give the most obscure answers possible to win.Fans were left baffled at a contestant’s answer to this questionCredit: BBCLyn was not correct in saying Charlton AthleticCredit: BBCOn a recent episode, one contestant, Lyn, left viewers baffled with his answer.When asked to name a national team to have appeared at multiple Fifa Men’s World Cups.Acceptable answers would have included England (19 times), Germany (20 times), Brazil (22 times) or even Wales (2 times).However, Lyn decided to take a different approach that left fans scratching their heads.READ MORE ON FOOTBALLHe guessed at “Charlton Athletic”.The answer was of course incorrect as was signaled on the show.This lead to fans flocking to social media to discuss the totally wrong guess.One posted: “Legend haha, that has to be one of the worst guesses ever.”Most read in FootballCASINO SPECIAL – BEST CASINO BONUSES FROM £10 DEPOSITSA second joked: “We won the World Cup… I know you won’t believe us… … the reds are goin’ uuuuup!”A third wrote: “Not many people know we’ve been to the World Cup…”AC Milan manager walks out of Champions League press conference after just one question Charlton currently play in League One and have never featured in the World CupCredit: GettyA fourth commented: “Ahhhh yeah those good old days of cheering my team on in the World Cup.”A fifth said: “Poor Lyn has had a mare. Charlton Athletic in the World Cup!! D’oh.”Another added: “Chap on Pointless answers Charlton Athletic for countries that have appeared in the FIFA World Cup haha.” More

  • in

    Tony Bedeau dead at 45: Torquay United legend who came through Chelsea’s books dies as club left ‘shocked’

    FORMER football star Tony Bedeau has died at the age of just 45.Tributes have poured in for the ex-Chelsea youth player and Torquay United legend from team-mates and fans.Former football star Tony Bedeau has died at the age of just 45Credit: PA:Press AssociationBedeau is most remembered for his two spells with TorquayCredit: GettyBedeau passed away from a medical issue at his home in west London, according to reports.As a mark of respect, Torquay will hold a minute’s applause before kick-off against Hornchurch at Plainmoor on Saturday.A club statement read: “Tony’s passing has shocked all of us, and our thoughts and condolences are with his family and friends at this incredibly difficult time.”Co-chairman Michael Westcott said: “Tony was one of the most exciting players to have worn the yellow shirt – and one of my personal favourites. READ MORE FOOTBALL NEWS”His pace and energy brought so much to the team, and he was much loved by our fans.””We are deeply saddened by his passing. He will forever be a part of Torquay United’s legacy, and we offer our sincerest condolences to his family and all those who knew him.”Bedeau started his career with Torquay – making his debut at 16 years old – having previously been on the books at Chelsea. He was born in Hammersmith and represented Grenada – through his father’s birthplace – four times at international level.Most read in FootballThe ex-striker scored 65 goals in 374 appearances during two spells with Torquay.That total places him eighth on United’s all-time appearance list.Bedeau joined the Gulls as an apprentice in 1995 and helped them finish third in what is now League Two in 2004.He left the club in 2006 to join Walsall but returned to Plainmoor a year later before ending his career at non-league Kingstonian.Renowned for his pace and flair, Bedeau was revered as one of the best strikers to play for Torquay.‘Beds’, as he was known at Plainmoor, played in the 1998 Play-Off Final at Wembley and was close to big-money moves to Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday.Tributes have flooded in from fans and retired players.Former semi-pro footballer James Constable – who now works as a player liaison at Oxford United – wrote on X: “Heartbreaking to hear of the passing of ex team-mate and friend Tony Bedeau.”He will be missed by everyone who knew him, honestly one of the nicest guys you could meet. RIP Beds.”One supporter added: “One of the first footballers I remember watching live. Cult hero for Torquay in the late 90s/00s.”READ MORE SUN STORIESWhile a Walsall fan said: “Tony Bedeau helped give me one of the greatest seasons of my life. It is a sad day.”Walsall stated: “Our thoughts are with Tony’s friends, family and everyone at Torquay.” More

  • in

    ‘Shambolic accusation’ – Jesse Lingard hits back at trolls who claim three players have ‘destroyed Man Utd’s culture’

    JESSE LINGARD has blasted trolls on social media who sensationally claimed he was one of three Manchester United players who “destroyed the culture”.The 32-year-old came through the Red Devils academy and played a total of 232 games before leaving permanently in 2022.Jesse Lingard launched a staunch defence of himself and two other Man Utd stars on social mediaCredit: AFPIt came after he, Paul Pogba, and Marcus Rashford were accused of ‘destroying the club’s culture’Credit: GettyLingard replied to a post more than a month old to demand an explanation for a commentHe referenced his trophy cabinet during the exchangeLingard was replying despite it being past 11pm at night in Korea, where he currently playsDuring his time at Man Utd, Lingard was well known for his larger than life personality which included showing off his dance moves in the dressing room or in celebrations.However, with the club struggling to compete for the top honours, Lingard and his team-mates did draw their share of criticism.Now playing for FC Seoul in South Korea, Lingard opted to respond to a social media post from more than a month ago.On December 28, 2024, a user said: “Him, [Paul] Pogba, and [Marcus] Rashford destroyed the culture.”READ MORE IN FOOTBALLLingard had not posted on social media since Christmas Day, but suddenly replied to the post at 2:03pm UK time and 11:03pm in Seoul.The former Nottingham Forest ace replied to himself just moments later saying: “Waiting for explanation????????”Many fans replied in support of Lingard and co, with one fan saying: “You made us play well which some dumb b******* that ‘support’ this club don’t like because you dance and have fun.”Lingard said back: “Lool we was just enjoying our life of we played for biggest club in the world of course we made mistakes and we learn but we gonna have fun and smile and dance.”Most read in FootballJOIN SUN VEGAS: GET £50 BONUSA second fan said: “You didn’t, you just weren’t good and that’s fine.”Lingard then replied: “I’ll just take the FA Cup final trophy and Carabao trophy out of the cabinet then.”Jesse Lingard brutally mocked by K-league rival as opponent copies forgotten Man Utd man’s celebration after late winnerA third fan said: “Jesse broski we love you forever… but is Korea becoming that dead you gotta beef with nobodies. Cup final winner and a cult hero keep your head up son.”Lingard said: “Haha nah Korea lit bro I love it, I don’t even bite ever I never really read comments but had to reply to that shambolic accusation.”Pogba left in the same summer as Lingard as he returned to Juventus, while Rashford only departed United on loan to Aston Villa at the end of the winter transfer window.Attacking midfielder Lingard, capped 32 times by England, joined FC Seoul just over a year ago, with his home debut drawing a record crowd.After a tough start, he has scored six goals in 26 games for the club, even whipping out his trademark dance moves after scoring.However, he bravely opened up on the family heartache which had kept him out of the team at the start of the 2023/24 season.Having suffered with knee and Achilles issues during his year at Forest, Lingard took a little while to get going in South Korea, but as his first season in the K-League nears its conclusion, he has begun to hit his stride.In a brave column in The Times, Lingard has opened up on his time out of the game.The attacking midfielder trained hard during the summer as he looked for a new club, but as his grandma fell ill, family became the priority.Lingard held a close relationship with his grandparents throughout his life, with Grandad Ken and Grandma Pamela having supported him during his childhood – particularly as his mum Kirsty battled depression. He wrote of Pamela: “Over the course of last summer, she became really poorly.”She was in and out of hospital and though I was training hard and missed being at a club, it felt like being out of contract was God’s plan: I’m not going to give you a team right now, you need to stay home and be with your family.”So that’s what I did. I spent as much time as I could with them and in November, when Nan passed away, Grandad took it really hard.”He was depressed and suffering dizzy spells and was hospitalised himself. He needed looking after too, and there was the funeral to organise and a speech to give.READ MORE SUN STORIES”I believe things happen for a reason and that, while my family was suffering, it was just written for me to take a break from playing.”Lingard’s fashion company JLingz Ltd, was placed in voluntary liquidation last month after piling up debts of nearly £300,000. More

  • in

    World Cup winner’s Wag dubbed ‘hottest woman in the world’ and ‘from another planet’ after stunning in series of bikinis

    MATS HUMMELS’ girlfriend Nicola Cavanis took social media by storm with a series of bikini posts.Roma star Hummels, 36, and Nicola, 26, went public with their relationship in October when they appeared together at the Ballon d’Or ceremony in Paris.Nicola Cavanis took social media by storm with a series of bikini snapsCredit: Instagram / @nicolaNicola recently started dating Roma star Mats HummelsCredit: Instagram / @nicolaNicola’s snap on Instagram attracted thousands of likesCredit: Instagram / @nicolaThe model has amassed a staggering 2million followers on Instagram thanks to a series of glam pics.This time the German posted a compilation clip that showed her trying on a series of different bikinis.It appears like she was trying to send a message of freedom and self-determination citing a song by the German music duo Rosenstolz in the caption.Nicola posted on Instagram: “If I let myself be caught, then it’s only by life, as Rosenstolz would say.”Read More on FootballThe model’s snap attracted over 60,000 likes, one of which was from Hummels, and her fans stormed the comments’ section.One fan posted: “You are beyond perfect, the hottest woman in the world.”Another posted: “Incredible again, Nicola.”A third wrote: “You are from another planet.”Most read in FootballThis fan said: “You look beautiful.”And that one gushed: “Wow!”Meet Germany star Mats Hummels’ new model wag Nicola Cavanis, 25, who loves Wimbledon and is banned from getting tattoosHummels enjoyed tremendous success across two stints with Borussia Dortmund where he won two Bundesliga titles and two German Cups.The centre-back also made it to the Champions League final twice with Dortmund.The defender also won three league titles with Bayern Munich and experienced tremendous success on the international stage as he conquered the 2014 World Cup with Germany.The German joined Roma in September and has since amassed a total of one goal in 14 appearances.Scroll down for more from Nicola CavanisNicola and Hummels went public with their relationship in OctoberCredit: GettyModel Nicola is the new girlfriend of HummelsCredit: INSTAGRAM @NICOLAThe 26-year-old works for ‘Munich Models Germany’Credit: INSTAGRAM @NICOLAShe is 10 years younger than ex-Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund man HummelsCredit: INSTAGRAM @NICOLANicola has attended Wimbledon in the pastCredit: INSTAGRAM @NICOLAShe has two million followers on InstagramCredit: INSTAGRAM @NICOLANicola often shares stunning photos on her social mediaCredit: INSTAGRAM @NICOLAShe is a lover of tennis, ice cream and beerCredit: INSTAGRAM @NICOLANicola is banned from getting tattoos by her modelling companyCredit: INSTAGRAM @NICOLAShe also has a legion of followers on TikTokCredit: INSTAGRAM @NICOLA More

  • in

    Exeter v Forest DELAYED by 11 mins as medics rush to Awoniyi’s aid after horror clash leaves him covered in blood

    TAIWO AWONIYI was left with blood pouring from his face after a horror clash in Nottingham Forest’s FA Cup tie at Exeter.The striker was caught in the face while challenging for the ball in the closing stages of the fourth-round tie.Taiwo Awoniyi clashed with Joe WhitworthCredit: PAAn ambulance crew rushed to help him on the pitchCredit: PAHe was carried off on a stretcherCredit: ITVAwoniyi, 27, appeared to be accidentally caught by the elbow of Exeter City goalkeeper Joe Whitworth.The striker could be seen in pain on the ground with blood pouring from his nose.An ambulance crew were seen rushing to give him aid on the pitch.The incident delayed the match by 11 MINUTES as Awoniyi was treated.READ MORE ON FOOTBALLFans shared their concern for the injured star as they reacted on social media.One posted: “I hope Awoniyi is okay.”A second commented: “Forest Awoniyi just took a faceful of elbow.”Looked nasty, nothing the young Exeter keeper Whitworth could do having got to the ball first.”Most read in FootballCASINO SPECIAL – BEST CASINO BONUSES FROM £10 DEPOSITSA third wrote: “That doesn’t look good for Awoniyi.”A fourth said: “Don’t care about the game now, just want Awoniyi to be ok.”Fans hail ‘pure class’ Nottingham Forest owner Marinakis for what he did after Forest keep dream title hopes aliveHe was eventually carried off on a stretcher to a round of applause from the supporters in the crowd.Nottingham Forest released a short statement after Awoniyi was subbed off.The club posted: “Our thoughts are with you, T.”Chris Wood was sent on in his place as a concussion substitute.ITV confirmed that Awoniyi had not been rushed to hospital and is in the dressing room.He was also then spotted walking down the touchline and interacting with fans.Awoniyi had already left his mark on the game as he fired in Nottingham Forest’s second of the match.The Premier League side fell behind early on as Josh Magennis pounced on an error from Carlos Miguel.Ramon Sosa netted the equaliser for Forest before Awoniyi’s strike.READ MORE SUN STORIESMagennis then dragged Exeter level in the second half to frustrate Nuno Espirito Santo’s side.And the hosts were denied a massive upset after eventually bowing out 4-2 on penalties.Taiwo Awoniyi put Forest into the lead before the break More

  • in

    Players forced to flee as football match is interrupted by dust tornado… but hardy fans giggle on sidelines

    A FOOTBALL match had to be halted following a dust tornado.A game was taking place at Bogado Island in Luque, Paraguay but it was brought to a sudden stop.A football match in Paraguay had to be halted due to a dust tornadoCredit: https://x.com/AnthonyPaez595Fans were left witnessing scenes out of a Hollywood movieCredit: https://x.com/AnthonyPaez595Some of the fans were heard giggling at this sightCredit: https://x.com/AnthonyPaez595A massive dust tornado swept across the pitch forcing the players to abandon the game.Fans in attendance watched in absolute shock at scenes similar to a Hollywood movie.Yet some didn’t seem too concerned, with a few giggling while witnessing the unbelievable situation.Someone recorded the entire incident and shared it on social media where it went viral. Read More on FootballTwitter users were left in awe as they stormed the comments’ section.One tweeted: “Someone is playing Age of Mythology.”Another commented: “Mini tornado about to take everyone away.”A third joked: ” I wish we had played there.”Most read in FootballCASINO SPECIAL – BEST CASINO BONUSES FROM £10 DEPOSITSThis fan said: “Ghost walking around.”And that one exclaimed: “Dust devil.”How Arsenal humbled Man City with Arteta’s genius double pressIt is unknown which teams were playing in what appears to have been an amateur football match. More

  • in

    Fans say ‘straight to jail’ as supporter is spotted wearing half-and-half SHIRT for Plymouth vs Liverpool clash

    A FAN sparked fury with a half-and-half shirt during the FA Cup clash between Liverpool and Plymouth Argyle.Plymouth stunned the Premier League leaders and the entire competition as they eliminated Arne Slot’s men denying them an unprecedented quadruple.A fan sparked outrage with a half-and-half shirt during Plymouth vs LiverpoolPlymouth stunned Liverpool as they eliminated them from the FA CupCredit: AFPRyan Hardie scored the winner for the Pilgrims from the penalty spot on 53 minutes to seal a famous 1-0 win for the Championship’s bottom side.Liverpool fans were left shocked by that early elimination from the FA Cup.But one of them surely left smiling ear to ear as he was also a Plymouth supporter.The supporter in question made his controversial loyalty public as he attended Home Park with a shirt that donned both of the teams’ colours.Read More on FootballAnd that didn’t sit well at all with a raft of other fans watching from home as they stormed social media.One fan tweeted: “Absolutely disgusting scenes. No place in football for it.”Another commented: “Straight to jail.”A third wrote: “MY GOD. MY EYES.”Most read in FA CupCASINO SPECIAL – BEST CASINO BONUSES FROM £10 DEPOSITSThis fan said: “Reprehensible. Utterly reprehensible.”And that one stated: “Game’s gone.”Liverpool star Cody Gakpo incredibly reveals how close he came to joining Premier League strugglers but left transfer up to fate Liverpool are now gunning a treble as they sit top of the Premier League table, are set for a Carabao Cup final against Newcastle and finished first in the league phase of the Champions League. More