More stories

  • in

    Chelsea owner Todd Boehly BLOCKS Cesar Azpilicueta’s transfer to Barcelona and wants Spaniard to remain as captain

    TODD BOEHLY has reportedly asked Cesar Azpilicueta to remain at Chelsea as captain after BLOCKING a transfer to Barcelona.Azpilicueta has been linked with a move to Barcelona for some time now.
    Cesar Azpilicueta wants to leave Chelsea after a decade with the clubCredit: Getty
    Azpilicueta has won the full set at Stamford BridgeCredit: Getty
    Todd Boehly has told the defender he doesn’t want to sell himCredit: PA
    But with a lack of defensive reinforcements this summer Boehly has prevented Azpilicueta from leaving Stamford Bridge.
    Instead, he wants the veteran to stay at Chelsea as he does not want to lose “his experience and leadership.”
    According to The Times however, Azpilicueta remains optimistic a deal can be struck between the two clubs.
    It is understood the Spaniard has his heart set on a move to the Nou Camp.
    READ MORE ON CHELSEA
    The versatile defender has completed a clean sweep of trophies at Chelsea, following on from The Blues’ victory in the Club World Cup earlier this year.
    Azpilicueta has been at the club for a decade now, and has made 472 appearances in all competitions for them.
    The 32-year-old’s contract at the club was due to expire in this summer, but an extension clause in his deal was triggered when he hit 35 games last season.
    This gave Chelsea some much-needed breathing room around potential player losses at the start of the summer due to the club’s operations being limited as part of sanctions levelled at ex-owner Roman Abramovich.
    Most read in Football
    FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
    New owner Boehly has already brought in Raheem Sterling, Kalidou Koulibaly, and Carney Chukwuemeka as well as a host of youngsters.
    But a number of high-profile targets have slipped through their grasp, most notably Jules Kounde and Raphinha who were ironically snapped up by Barcelona.
    The Blaugrana also signed Andreas Christensen on a free transfer after he left Chelsea when his contract expired at the end of last season.
    Chelsea have identified Wesley Fofana and Marc Cucurella as targets.
    Read More on The Sun
    However, the club’s £63m offer for Frenchman Fofana was rejected by Leicester.
    Meanwhile, despite reports stating an agreement worth over £50m had been reached for Cucurella, Brighton issued a statement shortly after denying the claims. More

  • in

    Cristiano Ronaldo offered Man Utd escape route by Brazilian side Corinthians to join ex-Chelsea and Arsenal ace Willian

    CRISTIANO Ronaldo has been offered an escape from his Manchester United misery… by Brazilian giants Corinthians.The Portugal superstar hopes to end his second Old Trafford stay amid discontent over the Red Devils’ failure to secure Champions League football.
    Ronaldo has made it clear his desire to leave Old TraffordCredit: Reuters
    Willian joined Corinthians on a two-year deal last summerCredit: Rex
    Ronaldo made his first pre-season appearance in a 1-1 draw with Rayo Vallecano, but was subbed at half time.
    And boss Erik ten Hag branded the 37-year-old’s conduct “unacceptable” after the frontman left Old Trafford before the end of Sunday’s game.
    Corinthians president Duilio Monteiro Alves has now declared his ambition to bring Ronaldo over to the Portuguese-speaking nation.
    The Sao Paulo club recruited ex-Chelsea and Arsenal star Willian last year, and former Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Renato Augusto is also part of their squad.
    READ MORE ON MAN UTD
    They are currently second in Brazil’s Serie A.
    Alves spoke out on a Brazilian podcast, when he was asked if he wanted to sign Ronaldo for Timao – “The Great Team”.
    He told Ulissescast: “It is true that I want to sign Cristiano Ronaldo. I have big dreams.
    “This is Corinthians, for f***’s sake! We’ve got Willian! We’ve got Renato Augusto!
    Most read in Football
    CASINO SPECIAL – BEST NEW CUSTOMER SIGN UP DEALS
    “With everything that happens in football, I feel obliged to try for whatever is best for Corinthians.
    “I don’t know whether we will be able to get him. We haven’t yet made an approach or sounded him out.
    “But we are keeping an eye on him. Maybe he will want to come and play in Brazil.
    “I don’t see why not.” More

  • in

    ‘Everything is still open’ – Mikel Arteta claims Arsenal’s summer transfer spending spree is NOT over

    ARSENAL manager Mikel Arteta has revealed that the club’s transfer business is not over.The Gunners have already splashed the cash this summer bringing in five players including Gabriel Jesus and Oleksandr Zinchenko spending more than £100million in total.
    Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta has hinted that he could sign more players this summerCredit: Getty
    Arteta, 40, was speaking in a press conference ahead of the club’s opening match of the Premier League season versus Crystal Palace tomorrow.
    He said: “We are really active as you can see with incomings and outgoings.
    “Everything is still open, it’s a long window, a lot has happened, it’s incredible how much business the clubs have done across the Premier League and it shows how competitive it is.
    “Players are going to have to leave, some others to move and everything is open still.
    READ MORE ON ARSENAL
    “It’s always been my team.
    “It’s true that obviously we have trimmed the squad and changed the squad massively in the last two windows especially,
    “And you feel that now the players we have are more specific and better for the way we want to play.”
    Arteta is reportedly still keen to bring in a central midfielder with Leicester’s Youri Tielemans and Inter Milan youngster Cesare Casadei both linked.
    Most read in Football
    FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
    West Ham winger Jarrod Bowen is someone they are also reportedly interested in.
    The Spanish boss also wants a clear out of fringe players and could sell up to eleven squad members.
    Pablo Mari could join Monza, Lucas Torreira is reportedly nearing a move to Galatasaray and youngsters like Charlie Patino and Folarin Balogun have already left on loan. More

  • in

    Chelsea in advanced transfer talks for Michy Batshuayi to go to Wolves for this… his SIXTH loan move from Blues

    WOLVES are close to agreeing a season-long loan deal for Chelsea star Michy Batshuayi, according to reports.Bruno Lage’s side are in advanced talks with the Blues and they are willing to pay a proportion of his wages, claims talkSPORT’s Alex Crook.
    Michy Batshuayi is reportedly nearing a move to Wolves on loanCredit: Reuters
    The 28-year-old striker is set for his sixth loan move away from Stamford Bridge with his contract at the club set to expire next summer.
    Batshuayi has been a Chelsea player since 2016 making 77 appearances, scoring 25 goals.
    His first loan move was at Borussia Dortmund where he netted nine times in 14 matches.
    The Belgian’s next transfer was to Valencia but the switch proved not as successful.
    READ MORE ON CHELSEA
    He followed it up moving across London for two spells at Crystal Palace.
    Last season he had a year at Turkish giants Besiktas netting 14 goals.

    Wolves are in desperate need for a striker after main man Raul Jimenez picked up an injury in pre-season.
    They have loaned back-up centre-forward Fabio Silva out to Anderlecht so there is a lack of striking options at the club.
    Most read in Football
    FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
    The club have been keen to sign a new No.9 this summer with rumours suggesting they are in for Crystal Palace’s Christian Benteke and Blackburn’s Ben Brereton Diaz if they can’t sign the Batshuayi.
    The Chelsea man offers Wolves notable experience having been capped by the Belgium national team on 45 occasions.
    He may not be the only player leaving the West Londoners in the coming days with Malang Sarr seemingly on his way to Monaco. More

  • in

    Barcelona ‘planning to make £67m transfer offer for Liverpool star Trent Alexander-Arnold to complete their squad’

    BARCELONA are plotting a move for Liverpool star Trent Alexander-Arnold, according to reports.The right-back, 23, is under contract at Liverpool until 2025.
    Barcelona are planning to sign Trent Alexander-Arnold next summerCredit: Getty
    But that has not deterred Barcelona’s interest with the Spanish giants planning a transfer for the defender next summer, report Futbol Total.
    Barcelona are reportedly set to bid £67million for the England star who has a market value of £94m according to Statista.
    Many fans believe that is a laughable figure with some arguing Liverpool would not sell at any price.
    One football fan wrote on Twitter: “Never gonna happen in a million years.”
    READ MORE IN FOOTBALL
    Another added: “67M for Trent? 🤣I’m sure Liverpool would stop picking [up] their call and block the number, Brokelona stop selling part of your club.”
    And a third sarcastically said: “Yeah because that’s going to go well for them ain’t it, definitely see Liverpool accepting this one!”
    Another tweeted: “Why would he downgrade from his childhood club?”
    Barcelona have big plans despite their precarious financial situation which has left them unable to register new signings.
    Most read in Football
    FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
    The Blaugrana snapped up Franck Kessie and Andreas Christensen this summer but both are still awaiting registration.
    Barcelona also splashed the cash to sign Robert Lewandowski, Jules Kounde and Raphinha but need to sell before they can be registered.

    The club accepted a £72m bid for Frenkie de Jong from Manchester United but the midfielder is stalling over a move amid interest from Chelsea.
    The Blues also want to sign Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang with the striker’s Nou Camp future in doubt. More

  • in

    Everton boss Frank Lampard interested in Conor Coady transfer with Wolves captain targeted to add experience to defence

    FRANK LAMPARD wants Everton to sign Conor Coady, reports suggest.Everton are in dire need of reinforcements ahead of the new Premier League season as they bid to avoid another relegation battle.
    Seasoned campaigner Conor Coady is set to captain Wolves once again this seasonCredit: Getty
    Frank Lampard wants to add Coady’s experience to his Everton squadCredit: Getty
    Former Chelsea manager Lampard has identified Coady as a key target before the transfer window slams shut.
    According to Alan Myers, the Everton boss admires Coady’s experience and feels it would benefit his squad.
    Wolves captain Coady has made 152 Premier League appearances.
    The 29-year-old is both experienced and used to the demands of the Prem, playing all 38 games of Wolves’ league campaign last season.
    READ MORE IN FOOTBALL
    Coady is also an England international, appearing 10 times under Gareth Southgate.
    Wolves’ £20.5m acquisition of Burnley defender Nathan Collins could prove to be the key which could allow Coady to leave if Everton submit a bid.
    Everton have already added James Tarkowski and Dwight McNeil from Burnley, and signed ex-Wolves man Ruben Vinagre on loan from Sporting Lisbon.
    However, bearing in mind their struggles last season and the £60m loss of key forward Richarlison to Tottenham, this season could once again prove tricky for The Toffees.
    Most read in Football
    FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
    And the club’s start has taken a worse turn, with talisman Dominic Calvert-Lewin picking up an injury just days before their Goodison Park opener against Chelsea.
    Other reports have indicated Lampard is eyeing up as many as four additions from Chelsea with the highly sought-after Armando Broja and former midfielder Ross Barkley among them. More

  • in

    Nottingham Forest attempting to sign Jizz Hornkamp from Willem II… and fans are all saying the same thing

    NOTTINGHAM FOREST’s latest transfer target has sent fans into a fit of giggles.Jizz Hornkamp, a Dutch striker from Willem II, has been identified as a target for the newly promoted side claim The Athletic.
    The fantastically named Jizz Hornkamp could be on his way to the Premier LeagueCredit: Getty
    Fans have reacted on social media to his X-rated name rather than the prospect of him joining Steve Cooper’s side.
    One fan said: “This has to be a made up name.”
    Another couldn’t believe it: “I had to Google him to make sure he was a real person.”
    More saw the funny side of the transfer speculation: “Please sign him with a name like that. Imagine the chants.”
    READ MORE IN FOOTBALL
    The jokes continued: “I hope he’s coming.”
    One supporter asked: “Hands up who’s having Jizz on the backs of their shirts?”
    Hornkamp, 24, began his career at Heerenveen but was part of the Ajax youth academy for eight years.
    He has a good scoring record – netting 20 goals in the Dutch second division two seasons ago.
    Most read in Football
    FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS

    Last campaign he netted five before making a January move to Willem II.
    He made the step up to the Eredivisie by scoring four times but his efforts could not prevent his side from relegation.
    Nottingham Forest have had a busy summer transfer window making 12 signings so far.
    Their most recent addition, Orel Mangala from Stuttgart, took their spending to around £100million.
    They have bolstered their squad across all areas of the pitch signing goalkeeper Dean Henderson, attacking midfielder Jesse Lingard and striker Taiwo Awoniyi in their biggest deal of the summer. More

  • in

    Chelsea have first Wesley Fofana transfer bid of £63m rejected by Leicester despite huge financial problems

    CHELSEA have had an opening offer for Wesley Fofana rejected by Leicester City despite a crippling financial situation at the club, reports suggest.Fofana, 21, is one of Chelsea’s targets in central defence this transfer window with the club needing to replace the losses of Antonio Rudiger and Andreas Christensen.
    Wesley Fofana played just 12 times for Leicester last season as recovered from a fibula fracture he suffered the season priorCredit: Getty
    Fofana pictured arriving for pre-season trainingCredit: Getty
    Thomas Tuchel is keen to recruit Fofana and new owner Todd Boehly – who is also operating as the club’s interim director of football – has ramped up The Blues’ interest in recent weeks.
    This has resulted in an opening bid for Fofana in the region of £63million.
    But L’Equipe report this opening bid has been rejected.
    Leicester are understood to be demanding a fee of at least £84million.
    READ MORE IN FOOTBALL
    Chelsea are reluctant to match such a large fee for the Frenchman, but are willing to offer him a handsome £200,000 per week.
    However, the precarious financial situation of Leicester could tip the balance of power in procuring Fofana more into their hands.

    A report from The Times indicates a post-Covid hangover and lack of big-money sales have left The Foxes unable to invest in the first team this summer.
    This has left Leicester in the unique position of being the only side to have not made a single signing despite the Premier League kicking off in a matter of days.
    Most read in Football
    FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
    And Fofana is not the only player courting interest at the King Power Stadium, with James Maddison also the subject of a major bid from Newcastle.
    Likewise, Youri Tielemans has been linked with a move to Arsenal, with The Gunners yet to submit a formal bid.
    Manager Brendan Rodgers has grown concerned over the futures of a number of integral stars within his squad, but he cannot recruit replacements until there are sales.
    He has also now lost the services of veteran goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel after he completed a shock move to Nice after a decade of service at the club, including a Premier League and FA Cup title.
    Read More on The Sun
    While Fofana remains a priority target for Chelsea, they have also been in talks with Brighton to sign Man City target Marc Cucurella.
    Reports suggested an agreement had been reached between the two clubs before The Seagulls issued a statement late last night denying this claim. More