More stories

  • in

    Man Utd transfer blow as Tottenham ‘very confident’ Harry Kane will snub Spurs exit and sign new long-term contract

    TOTTENHAM remain “very optimistic” that Harry Kane will reject a move to Manchester United or Bayern Munich in favour of signing a new long-term contract, according to reports.Kane, 29, has been heavily linked with a move away from the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in recent months.
    Tottenham are confident that Kane will sign a new contractCredit: Rex
    Both Man Utd and Bayern Munich have expressed an interest in signing him in a mega money transfer when the summer window opens.
    But, Tottenham are convinced that he will stay in north London.
    According to Sky Sports reporter Florian Plettenberg, club chiefs are “very optimistic” that he will pen a new deal.
    Kane’s current contract expires in June 2024, but following recent talks between his agent and Tottenham, the striker is close to agreeing fresh terms.
    Read More in Football
    The England skipper became Tottenham’s joint all-time top goalscorer on Monday when his first-half strike earned Spurs a 1-0 win at Fulham.
    He now sits level with Jimmy Greaves on 266 goals for the Lilywhites.
    Kane will have the opportunity to set a new record when Tottenham take on Preston in the FA Cup fourth round this weekend.
    Antonio Conte could put out a full-strength squad as his side look to continue their mission to end a 15-year trophy drought.
    Most read in Football
    HOW TO GET FREE BETS ON FOOTBALL
    Tottenham new boy Arnaut Danjuma could make his first appearance for the club after joining on loan from Villarreal.
    The Dutch forward was on the verge of signing for Everton before Frank Lampard was sacked earlier this week.
    After deciding against a move to Goodison Park, Danjuma quickly agreed terms to join Spurs on loan until the end of the 2022-23 season. More

  • in

    Sol Campbell slams Tottenham fans’ abuse over controversial Arsenal transfer and reveals wife thinks it’s ‘disgusting’

    SOL CAMPBELL has slammed Tottenham fans for the years of abuse aimed at him following his move to Arsenal.The Englishman made the move to Arsenal after his contract at fierce rivals Tottenham had expired.
    Sol Campbell received abuse after leaving Tottenham for ArsenalCredit: Getty
    Campbell has hit out at the fansCredit: Getty
    Campbell’s partner and Fiona Barratt has called the abuse ‘disgusting’Credit: Getty Images – Getty
    The move was highly controversial and met with a lot of backlash from Spurs supporters.
    The former England international had to deal with years of abuse from fans.
    And now, Campbell has hit out at the fans in a recent interview with The Guardian.
    He said: “It’s almost as though people have forgotten how to be human.
    READ MORE ON ARSENAL
    “Wishing and hoping that someone is going to die? And you’re going to be having a party? What world are we living in?
    “I know football has its tribalism but if no one around feels that this is unacceptable … well, we’re in a really sorry place.
    “We are talking about nearly a quarter of a century [since the transfer].
    “Where are we going as human beings if someone cannot move on? I don’t think people realise how hurtful the hate and vitriol is to me.
    Most read in Football
    BETTING SPECIAL – BEST FOOTBALL BETTING SITES IN THE UK
    “I get the situation but it’s been such a long time.”
    Campbell also revealed that his wife Fiona finds the abuse “disgusting” and that it is quite scary that the “majority of people who are doing it being white men and boys” is scary.
    And legendary Arsenal manager Wenger, has also spoken about some of the issues that Campbell faced.
    The defender even had to deal with a teasing environment when he signed for the Gunners, with his new team-mates booing him.
    Wenger told German magazine 11 Freunde: “They did that, and they also made jokes about it.
    “But the situation was really stressful for Sol and he told me afterwards how severe it became.
    “He couldn’t go to certain places for dinner or walk freely in London because of the anger of the Tottenham fans.
    Arsene Wenger has admitted that he regrets the transfer because of the impact on CampbellCredit: Getty
    “In hindsight, I’m not sure if I would sign him again bearing in mind the difficulties he faced.”
    Read More on The Sun
    Despite what was going on off the pitch, Campbell and Wenger enjoyed great success with eachother.
    The duo lifted the Premier League title on two occasions – one of which as invincibles – and won three FA Cups. More

  • in

    Tottenham eye Piero Hincapie transfer but will refuse to meet Bayer Leverkusen’s huge fee for defender

    TOTTENHAM are keen on signing Bayer Leverkusen defender Piero Hincapie after a starring role at the 2022 World Cup.The left-sided centre-back, 21, has attracted interest from a host of elite clubs worldwide after some standout displays for Ecuador in Qatar.
    Tottenham are keen on signing HincapieCredit: Getty
    Spurs are exploring a deal for Hincapie but will be unwilling to match Bayer Leverkusen’s £80million valuation.
    Boss Antonio Conte wants a new defender in this window to beef up a struggling defence.
    Tottenham’s leaky back-line has shipped 31 goals in only 21 Premier League games.
    And Hincapie is high on Conte’s shortlist.
    Read More on Football
    A summer deal would be more likely for a player who is happy at his current club and still learning his trade.
    And Hincapie could reportedly be snapped up for £20m this month before being loaned back to Leverkusen until the end of the season, in a deal similar to that of Pape Matar Sarr.
    The presence of Conte and Harry Kane at Tottenham are trump cards for Hincapie.
    Spurs have already signed Arnaut Danjuma on loan from Villarreal until the end of the season.
    Most read in Football
    HOW TO GET FREE BETS ON FOOTBALL
    But, their pursuit of top target Pedro Porro is on the verge of falling through.
    Tottenham are currently struggling to agree a payment structure with Sporting Lisbon for the defender, who is priced at £40m.
    Porro had already agreed to sign a five-and-a-half-year contract with the Lilywhites following the Portuguese League Cup final this weekend. More

  • in

    Tottenham’s £40m Pedro Porro transfer could be ‘OFF as Spurs fail to agree payment structure with Sporting Lisbon’

    TOTTENHAM are reportedly struggling to agree a payment structure for Sporting Lisbon right wingback Pedro Porro.Spurs are keen to sign the Spaniard, 23, for £40million in the January transfer window.
    Tottenham have not yet been able to agree a deal for Pedro PorroCredit: Getty
    It comes at a time when Emerson Royal, Matt Doherty and Djed Spence are all doing little to impress Lilywhites boss Antonio Conte.
    But according to The Mail, Spurs have now hit a roadblock in their pursuit of a deal.
    They saw a £32.5m offer rejected, before talks resumed this week over a new structure consisting of a fee plus bonuses.
    It is the format of the payment which is leading Sporting to drag their feet.
    READ MORE IN FOOTBALL
    And they may be set to call the move off altogether if negotiations continue to stall.
    Porro is ready to sign a five-and-a-half-year contract with Tottenham after the Portuguese League Cup final this Saturday.
    The wingback has played 96 times for Sporting, contributing 12 goals and 20 assists.
    He impressed against Spurs earlier this season when Conte’s men faced Sporting in the Champions League group stage.
    Most read in Football
    HOW TO GET FREE BETS ON FOOTBALL
    Chelsea have also shown interest in him, with the Portuguese club targeting Brighton’s Tariq Lamptey as a replacement should Porro depart.
    Porro was at Man City between 2019 and 2022 but never made a senior appearance for the club.
    His arrival at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium would likely see Spence head out on loan. More

  • in

    Richarlison trolls Lucas Moura with hilarious sign as Tottenham team-mate plays for Under-21s against Arsenal

    LUCAS MOURA produced a goalscoring return from injury for Tottenham – as pal Richarlison watched on and begged for his shirt.The 30-year-old has only played 266 minutes for Antonio Conte’s side this term after being plagued by a tendon injury.
    Lucas Moura made a scoring return for Tottenham’s U21sCredit: Getty
    Richarlison was in attendance and had a sign asking for the scorer’s shirtCredit: Getty
    ⚡ @LucasMoura7 is on the scoresheet! ⚡Lucas converts from close range to equalise for our Under-21s just five minutes after the hosts went in front.— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) January 27, 2023

    The Brazilian attacker’s last appearance was the 4-3 win over Leeds in November.
    But he looks to be well on the road to recovery after shining for Tottenham’s U21 side in their North London derby away to Arsenal.
    Amario Cozier-Duberry had put the Gunners ahead after just 20 minutes at Meadow Park in Borehamwood.
    However, just six minutes later Spurs were level thanks to the ex-Paris Saint-Germain winger.
    READ MORE IN FOOTBALL
    Lucas met a cross from the right after a late surge into the box, and he duly volleyed the ball past the goalkeeper to level.
    He also came close to a second before the break but Spurs did find themselves ahead thanks to a rocket from Nile John on the hour mark, which proved to be the winner.
    Lucas was already off the pitch at that point after he was replaced at the break.
    But that did not stop fellow Brazilian Richarlison from asking for his team-mate’s shirt after turning up to watch his comeback.
    Most read in Football
    HOW TO GET FREE BETS ON FOOTBALL
    The 25-year-old held up a sign that read: “Lucas could you give me your shirt?”
    Lucas is in the final six months of his deal at Spurs after the club opted against activating a one-year extension before December 31.
    Conte recently said: “You know this is a decision of the club and for sure this season is a difficult season for Lucas but at the same time for us.
    “Honestly, in my mind when we planned the season Lucas was an important player for us.
    “But if you see from the start of the season until now Lucas played maybe one game, also with pain in the Champions League against Marseille and also not the whole game with us.
    “First of all I think the damage is for me and the team. A player like Lucas is a good player. Also last season he helped us reach the Champions League.
    “In my mind, my plan was to have him in my squad but we didn’t have possibility to use him because of the injuries.
    “It was really difficult this season especially because it happened twice that Kulusevski and Richarlison were both injured. To face this wasn’t easy.
    “Then if you ask about the decision of the club, I respect the decision of the club.” More

  • in

    Sevilla boss Jorge Sampaoli publicly reveals plans to sign Tottenham winger Bryan Gil in January transfer

    SEVILLA boss Jorge Sampaoli has spoken publicly of his desire to sign Bryan Gil from Tottenham.Spurs were not planning to let the Spanish international go out on loan during this window.
    Sevilla are hoping to sign Tottenham star Bryan Gil before the window closesCredit: Getty
    But the loan capture of Arnaut Danjuma could change things before Tuesday’s deadline.
    Argentine Sampaoli took over Sevilla in the summer having bossed Marseille last term.
    And now he has revealed that he wants the 21-year-old on-board for the rest of the campaign.
    He said: “Bryan Gil is on my radar because I called him personally last year in Marseille.
    READ MORE IN FOOTBALL
    “He seems to me a player who would give us things on the wing.
    “I already wanted to sign him when I was Olympique Marseille coach.”
    SunSport understands no deal is close at this stage.
    Gil will be in Tottenham’s squad on Saturday for their FA Cup fourth-round clash at Preston.
    Most read in Football
    HOW TO GET FREE BETS ON FOOTBALL
    He moved to the North London club from Sevilla back in 2021.
    But he has only made 13 appearances in the Premier League for them so far.
    The ace was allowed out on loan last January just after Antonio Conte had taken charge.
    He headed back to LaLiga with Valencia and played 13 games in the top flight.
    Gil has had to bide his time under Conte since returning but impressed this month with his performance during the 4-0 win at Crystal Palace. More

  • in

    Newcastle tipped to seal shock Harry Kane and Son Heung-min transfer in huge raid on Premier League rivals Tottenham

    HARRY KANE and Son Heung-Min have been tipped to seal a sensational double transfer to Newcastle. The pair are Tottenham’s prized assets and it would take a gargantuan effort to bring both to St James’ Park.
    Newcastle should go all out to sign Harry Kane and Son Heung-MinCredit: Getty
    That is the view of ex-Newcastle star Nobby SolanoCredit: Getty Images – Getty
    Kane and Son have proved deadly for Spurs this season, though Kane in particular is having a fine season
    But this has not stopped ex-midfielder Nobby Solano from speculating the club could go all out to sign the pair.
    Speaking on No Tippy Tappy Football, from William Hill and Footy Accumulators, Solano was asked what one player he would sign for Newcastle.

    In response, he said: “I’ve got two. I’ve been watching a little bit and would love to see Harry Kane and Son Heung-min in black and white.
    “Somebody told me Newcastle had unlimited cash. If they signed [Kane], they’d definitely finish in the Champions League.
    READ MORE IN FOOTBALL
    “He’s still quite young at 29, and he’s just a phenomenal player.”
    Kane in particular has been in fantastic form once again this season.
    The England skipper has 16 goals in the Premier League, sitting only behind Erling Haaland’s outrageous tally of 25.
    Kane will have one year left on his current deal once the summer rolls around, and Erik ten Hag has reportedly made signing Kane for Manchester United his No1 priority in the summer.
    Most read in Football
    FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
    United are in need of a top-class striker to take the next step under Ten Hag, but Kane is also wanted by Bayern Munich.
    With Tottenham’s Champions League status also hanging in the balance – likely with Man Utd and Newcastle’s respective fates intertwined as well – Kane may opt to go where the best football is.
    However, Newcastle’s place in the Carabao Cup has led to Solano declaring a cup win to be more important than a top-four spot.
    He added: “I think Newcastle will finish in the Europa League places.
    “It’s more important for them to win a trophy – the fans are desperate for any piece of silverware.
    “They’ve now got a wonderful opportunity to win the League Cup, so Eddie [Howe] will have everyone – including myself – supporting them. I think the fans deserve it, they’re lovely people.
    “They’ve got a great chance against Southampton, who aren’t in the best of places in the league, so it’s a brilliant opportunity for them to finally win some silverware this season.”
    Solano made 315 appearances for Newcastle between 1998 and 2007, though had a two-year spell at Aston Villa from 2004 to 2006. More

  • in

    Tottenham willing to pay Pedro Porro’s £39.9m transfer release clause after weeks of talks with Sporting Lisbon

    TOTTENHAM are willing to match Pedro Porro’s release clause – but Sporting Lisbon are currently dragging their heels over the deal.Right wing-back Porro, 23, has been Spurs’ main transfer target this window.
    Pedro Porro’s move to Tottenham is being delayed by SportingCredit: Getty
    Porro impressed in the Champions League this season, and featured twice against Spurs in the group stage
    The North Londoners have been in negotiations all month and are willing to pay the £39.9million release clause.
    It is understood though that Sporting want to keep Porro until at least after Saturday, when they play Porto in the Taca da Liga final – Portugal’s equivalent of the League Cup.
    There remains a confidence the transfer will eventually go through but the delay is no doubt frustrating Spurs fans.
    Tottenham signed winger Arnaut Danjuma on loan on Wednesday after pinching him from Everton in the 11th hour.
    READ MORE IN FOOTBALL
    Danjuma netted six goals in 11 appearances in Europe while also scoring a further 10 goals in 23 LaLiga matches for Villarreal.
    Elsewhere, SunSport understands a potential loan move for Djed Spence is being delayed due to the club’s refusal to include an option-to-buy in a deal.
    A host of clubs, including Leicester, Brentford, Crystal Palace and Ligue 1 side Lyon are all keen on a short-term deal this month.
    However, with the club not entertaining any permanent buy offers, negotiations are dragging.
    Most read in Football
    FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
    Prior to their victory over Fulham on Monday, which came courtesy of Manchester United-linked ace Harry Kane, Spurs had won just one of their five Premier League games since the World Cup.
    But victory over the Cottagers allowed Antonio Conte’s side to close the gap to the top four to just three points. More