More stories

  • in

    Tottenham hope Antonio Conte will return from gallbladder surgery THIS WEEK in time for Premier League trip to Leicester

    TOTTENHAM are hoping Antonio Conte will be back in the dugout for Saturday’s trip to Leicester after his successful gallbladder surgery.Boss Conte missed the 1-0 win over Manchester City last Sunday as he recuperated in his native Italy having been treated for cholecystitis.
    Antonio Conte has been battling with illness in recent daysCredit: Reuters
    But on the day Spurs were rocked by the news keeper Hugo Lloris is set to miss the next two months with a knee injury, Conte flew back to London and hopes to be at the King Power Stadium.
    Assistant Cristian Stellini took charge against City with first-team coach Ryan Mason, as Harry Kane scored his 267th Spurs goal to break Jimmy Greaves’ all-time club record.
    Stellini said: “We lost Antonio. Hopefully he’ll be back next week. He’ll be back happy now.”
    Conte, 53, posted on Instagram last week: “Thank you for your lovely messages. My surgery has gone well and I’m already feeling better.
    READ MORE ON FOOTBALL
    “Now time to recover. Can’t wait to get back on the field with the team.”
    Meanwhile, it has been revealed that Tottenham captain Lloris suffered a knee-ligament injury late on in the win over City.
    The Frenchman, 36, had a scan but will not need an operation.
    However, he will miss the Champions League last-16 clashes with AC Milan, along with potentially eight league games.
    Most read in Football
    HOW TO GET FREE BETS ON FOOTBALL
    Spurs’ back-up keeper Fraser Forster will step in.
    Lloris has played in all but one Premier League match this season and all of their Champions League ties. More

  • in

    Tottenham’s Harry Kane’s secret career away from football earns him £13m

    SHAME Harry Kane doesn’t have many trophies to his name, as the Spurs striker has plenty of room to store them.The England captain has been quietly racking up an impressive property portfolio while he’s been adding to his goal records.
    Accounts for Harry Kane’s company show his empire is worth £13.1millionCredit: Alamy
    Harry, who earns £200,000 a week, lives in a £1million-per-year rented mansion with wife Katie and their kids Ivy, Vivienne and LouisCredit: Instagram @harrykane
    I can that reveal new accounts for his company show his empire is worth £13.1million — about the same value as his big toe.
    A source says: “Harry is as astute with his money as he is with his finishing.
    “Lots of footballers make investments in property, with mixed results, but Harry clearly knows what he’s doing.”
    Harry’s company Edward James Investments has his parents and brother Charlie, also his agent, on the books.
    READ MORE ON HARRY KANE
    Despite owning a vast number of properties, The Sun revealed last year that Harry, who earns £200,000 a week, lives in a £1million-per-year rented mansion with wife Katie and their kids Ivy, Vivienne and Louis.
    The seven-bed property has its own spa, cinema room, staff quarters and lift system. As well as houses, Harry also collects flash cars, owning a £99,000 Land Rover, a £35,000 Jaguar F-Pace and a £212,000 Bentley.
    Harry finally overlook Jimmy Greaves’ longstanding record as Spurs’ top scorer by notching the winner against Manchester City last weekend, the club that tried to sign him in the summer of 2021.
    There’s talk Harry is leaning towards extending his contract with his boyhood club in 2024, when his current deal expires.
    Most read in Football
    That would almost certainly mean the prolific frontman would end his career in North London.
    Shame he won’t be interested in a move to my club Everton.
    He’ll feel right at home – we don’t win anything either. More

  • in

    Tottenham face transfer battle with Barcelona for Inter Milan star Marcelo Brozovic as boss Conte continues rebuild

    TOTTENHAM face a battle with Barcelona if they’re to sign Inter Milan midfield star Marcelo Brozovic, according to reports.Brozovic, 30, has long been linked with a move to the Premier League.
    Antonio Conte would like to reunite with Marcelo Brozovic at SpursCredit: Getty
    In recent seasons, Manchester United, Liverpool, Newcastle and Spurs have all been linked with the Croatia star.
    According to InterLive.it, Tottenham remain very keen on the midfielder, with boss Antonio Conte familiar with Brozovic from their two-year stint working together at Inter.
    During that time, Inter were runners-up in the Europa League in 2020 and won the Serie A in 2021.
    Conte would like Brozovic as part of his Tottenham rebuild should the ex-Italy boss sign fresh terms beyond the summer of 2023, which is when his deal expires.
    READ MORE IN FOOTBALL
    However, the report goes on to state that Barca are also keen on the Inter star.
    Brozovic is under contract at the San Siro until 2026, and the player isn’t believed to be keen on a move away.
    But Inter’s financial situation could force the club’s hand.
    Inter chiefs Giuseppe Marotta and Piero Ausilio don’t want to miss out on the opportunity to make cash by selling him.
    Most read in Football
    BETTING SPECIAL – BEST FOOTBALL BETTING SITES IN THE UK
    An offer between £17.7million and £22.1m plus Japhet Tanganga is expected to be submitted.
    Brozovic showed his class at the World Cup last November-December, helping Croatia to a second consecutive semi-final appearance.
    However, he was unable to help his country to back-to-back finals, as they fell to a defeat at the hands of eventual winners Argentina. More

  • in

    Tottenham blow as club loses out on £42.5m cash injection as new sponsorship deal is BLOCKED

    A NEW Tottenham sponsorship deal worth £42.5m has been blocked by South African lawmakers in a huge blow to the club.The Spurs hierarchy, including chairman Daniel Levy, were looking to boost club revenue by bringing in a big money deal.
    The Premier League’s longest-serving chairman Daniel Levy has faced criticism from Spurs fans in recent yearsCredit: Getty
    The proposed agreement with South Africa’s tourism board would have included matchday advertising, kit and interview backdrop branding and even training camps in the country, according to the Telegraph.
    But South Africa’s parliament slapped down the “insulting” agreement amid the country’s painful economic situation.
    South African president Cyril Ramaphosa’s spokesperson said he “did not think spending so much money in the manner that is being suggested will be justified.”
    While the idea also faced criticism from tourism chair Tandi Mahambehlala.
    READ MORE ON FOOTBALL
    She said: “This deal, it ends here, today, now, because there is everything wrong about the deal itself… there must be an investigation on this matter with immediate effect.”
    But tourism minister Lindiwe Sisulu distanced themselves from the deal.
    She said: “I am not aware that any agreement has been signed with Tottenham Hotspur. That would only happen after agreements from the Treasury. So we do not have a deal, as far as government is concerned.”
    The opposition Democratic Alliance said the deal was an “insult” and “money should rather be spent locally to improve our tourism sector so that it can thrive.”
    Most read in Football
    FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
    Tottenham are looking for revenue-boosting sponsorship deals to give the club more financial flexibility in the transfer market.
    Spurs boss Antonio Conte has previously grumbled about the club’s spending power.
    The club still haven’t agreed a new naming rights deal for their stadium despite the £1bn ground opening in 2019. More

  • in

    ‘This is GOOD news’ – Brutal Tottenham fans react after Hugo Lloris is ruled out for 8 weeks with knee injury

    TOTTTENHAM have been dealt a major blow with captain Hugo Lloris facing up to two months out injured.But that’s not how all Spurs fans see things.
    Hugo Lloris is facing up to two months out with a knee injuryCredit: Getty
    The Frenchman has been the club’s No.1 for more than a decade, but mistakes have crept into his game on a more frequent basis in recent months.
    Lloris has made howlers against Newcastle, Aston Villa and most recently the opener in the North London derby.
    His poor form has even led to calls for him to be dropped and replaced by Fraser Forster.
    Regardless, Lloris has continued to keep his place, starting all-but one game in the Premier League and Champions League.
    read more on football
    But Forster is now set to get his chance with the Telegraph reporting that Lloris is facing around six to eight weeks on the sidelines.
    He sustained the injury late in Sunday’s win over Manchester City and has suffered knee ligament damage.
    But not all Tottenham fans are disappointed with the news.
    One said: “Advantage Spurs 🔥🔥🔥🔥.”
    Most read in Football
    FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
    A second said: “Lloris out for 8 weeks? Champions League qualification is ON.”
    A third chimed in with: “Might be what we need.”

    Another said: “Good, he always has a clanger in him.”
    A fifth said: “Top 4 confirmed with this bonus.”
    If Lloris does end up being sidelined for two months, he could miss several games across three competitions, including both legs against AC Milan and some key Premier League clashes. More

  • in

    Man Utd transfer blow as ‘Tottenham will NOT sell club record scorer Harry Kane to Premier League rival in summer’

    MANCHESTER UNITED are reportedly set for failure in their pursuit of Harry Kane.Erik ten Hag’s side have been linked with the Tottenham star as they look to add a world-class striker to the squad.
    Tottenham reportedly will not sell Harry Kane to a rivalCredit: Alamy
    The England international is believed to be set to stay at Tottenham beyond the summer transfer window.
    The Times has reported that Spurs are determined to keep hold of their record goalscorer and “will not sell him to a rival”.
    Kane’s goal against Manchester City on Sunday took him one past the previous record set by legendary striker Jimmy Greaves in 1970.
    He has now scored 267 times for the North Londoners.
    READ MORE ON TOTTENHAM
    Many former pros and pundits have suggested that Kane’s arrival at the Red Devils would help make them title challengers.
    After the game against City, Kane refused to commit his future to the club.
    He told Viaplay Fotball: “I’m just here to perform every game and give my all for the badge.
    “We’ll see what happens but I’m concentrated on this season.
    Most read in Football
    BETTING SPECIAL – BEST FOOTBALL BETTING SITES IN THE UK
    “We’ve got the FA Cup, we’ve got the Champions League coming up, and we’re in a good position in the league to really try and push forward.
    “So that’s what I’m concentrated on.”
    The 29-year-old’s current contract with Tottenham is set to expire at the end of next season. More

  • in

    Harry Kane refuses to commit future to Tottenham after scoring record goal amid Man Utd transfer interest

    HARRY KANE failed to pledge his future to Tottenham after becoming the club’s all-time record goalscorer.The England captain, 29, netted a 267th goal for Spurs on Sunday in a 1-0 win over Man City.
    Harry Kane is now Spurs’ all-time record goalscorerCredit: Alamy
    Spurs’ talisman was quizzed about his future after the matchCredit: Twitter / RealKevinPalmer
    But he refused to give a straight answer, insisting he is focused on this seasonCredit: Twitter / RealKevinPalmer
    The strike moves him beyond the legendary Jimmy Greaves as the Lilywhites’ most prolific marksman outright.
    Kane was given a special presentation after the match following his record-breaking afternoon.
    And he was then asked in a post-match interview whether the moment told Tottenham fans he is “here to stay”.
    However, the Spurs man refused to confirm he will remain in North London as Man Utd continue to be linked with the striker.
    READ MORE IN FOOTBALL
    Speaking to Viaplay Fotball, he said: “I’m just here to perform every game and give my all for the badge.
    “We’ll see what happens but I’m concentrated on this season.
    “We’ve got the FA Cup, we’ve got the Champions League coming up, and we’re in a good position in the league to really try and push forward.
    “So that’s what I’m concentrated on.”
    Most read in Football
    BETTING SPECIAL – BEST SPORTS BETTING APPS IN THE UK
    Kane already has 19 goals in 30 appearances for Tottenham so far this season.
    And his winner against Man City was the Three Lions skipper’s 200th in the Premier League.
    He is now just eight behind Wayne Rooney and 60 shy of record-holder Alan Shearer.
    But it remains to be seen whether he will break the record in a Tottenham shirt.
    Man Utd have been heavily linked with a summer move for the forward.
    And he is also thought to be on the radar of German champions Bayern Munich.
    Kane tried to force through a move to Man City in the summer of 2021, but Spurs managed to keep hold of their man.
    Antonio Conte’s men sit fifth in the Premier League table, one point adrift of the top four.
    They are also into the fifth round of the FA Cup and last-16 of the Champions League. More

  • in

    Tottenham record-breaker Kane feels he can still reach another level – and explains importance of Chelsea double in 2015

    HARRY KANE feels he can still reach another level after becoming Tottenham’s greatest-ever goalscorer.The England captain made it 267 strikes for the North Londoners with the winner in Sunday’s 1-0 victory over Manchester City.
    Harry Kane broke Jimmy Greaves’ record against Manchester CityCredit: Getty
    It took the 29-year-old one past the previous record set by legendary striker Jimmy Greaves in 1970.
    Kane first hit the back of the net for Spurs in December 2011 against Irish side Shamrock Rovers in the Europa League.
    Asked if he could ever have imagined back then that he would go on to become the No1 goal-getter in the club’s history, the forward replied: “Absolutely not. 
    “I dreamed of playing for Tottenham but I don’t think you ever think about records. 
    READ MORE IN FOOTBALL
    “Being Tottenham’s all time top goalscorer is not something I was thinking about back then. 
    “It was just about trying to get in the team and play and when I did it was just about trying to be consistent and perform every year, improve every year. 
    “I’m still only 29 so I still feel like I’ve got room for improvement and that’s what I’ll try to do for the rest of my career.”
    Kane also reached 200 Premier League goals with his 15th-minute strike that downed City.
    Most read in Football
    That haul has come in just 304 games – including three goalless matches on loan at Norwich – meaning he has reached that milestone faster than any other player.
    At the end of the City win, Antonio Conte congratulated him over the phone from his sickbed in Italy where the Spurs boss is recovering from gallbladder surgery.
    Conte went under the knife on Wednesday back in his home country and while the operation went well, he was not physically up to attending the game.
    Kane revealed: “He was on the phone there and he just kind of congratulated me for the achievement and just said he was proud of all the boys. 
    Kane fired home in the 15th minute to make historyCredit: Getty
    Kane on the phone to Antonio Conte after the gameCredit: Sky Sports
    Kane with Spurs legend Greaves, who passed away in 2021Credit: Getty – Contributor
    “It’s not easy when you don’t have your coach there. It’s obviously been a difficult week, we’re all happy the surgery went well and he’s recovering well. 
    “Whenever you haven’t got your coach there, it’s never easy. We showed today we’re a unit, a team. I’m sure he was watching proudly. 
    “It was the type of performance where we knew what we had to do. It wasn’t going to be easy at times. We had to dig deep and really suffer and be together. 
    “I thought throughout the whole team everyone showed 110 per cent commitment. I’m sure the gaffer was proud and we can be proud of that.”
    Kane said he will never tire of the ecstatic feeling that comes from finding the back of the net.
    And he pointed to his double in 2015’s thrilling 5-3 win over Chelsea at White Hart Lane as a key moment in his rise to Spurs’ finest-ever marksman.
    The former Leyton Orient, Millwall and Leicester loanee explained: “I felt like that game was an important one. 
    “Chelsea at the time were one of the best teams in Europe, they were top of the Premier League. 
    “I’d done well before then, I’d scored goals against other teams but I hadn’t done it against a big team yet. 
    “And not just my goals but the whole performance, it was one of my best performances in a Spurs shirt. 
    “That gave me the confidence I needed to know that I could do it against any team, on any stage. That was the moment that I felt like, ‘OK, I’m here to stay’.”
    Spurs moved to within a point of fourth-placed Newcastle with their victory against Pep Guardiola’s side, albeit having played a game more.
    The first half of the campaign was up-and-down with some poor performances and results, including a run of ten games where they shipped TWENTY-ONE goals.
    But Conte’s side have kept it much tighter in recent games, earning clean sheets in five of their last seven matches.
    The victory over City, a fortnight after they lost 4-2 at the Etihad, was their first against one of the other big six this season.
    Suddenly there is optimism around the club with a winnable last-16 tie in the Champions League against AC Milan to come on Valentine’s Day and the team through to the fifth round of the FA Cup.
    Kane added: “That’s the standard – if we can do it against one of the best teams in the league, we can do it against anyone. So they are the standards we’ve set now. 
    Read More on The Sun
    “We need to try not to fall below them in any game. Clean sheets are really important. 
    “They win games. We feel like we’ve got enough firepower to score goals and from top to bottom we’ve got to make sure we keep the ball out of the net.” More