More stories

  • in

    Chelsea star Hakim Ziyech wanted by rivals Tottenham in summer transfer to fight wingers for starting spot

    HAKIM ZIYECH is a reported summer transfer target for Tottenham.Spurs are said to be keen on signing the Moroccan winger from rivals Chelsea.
    Hakim Ziyech is a reported transfer target for TottenhamCredit: Getty
    That is according to Football Insider, who say the Blues are willing to accept bids of £20million for Ziyech at the end of the season.
    And Tottenham are reported to have registered an interest in the 30-year-old.
    Spurs already have Son Heung-min and Dejan Kulusevski as wide options, but could sign Ziyech to provide more competition for places.
    Elsewhere in the Premier League, West Ham and Fulham are also claimed to be keen on the Chelsea winger.
    Read More In Football
    Meanwhile, Paris Saint-Germain remain interested in Ziyech, having missed out on signing him on loan in January after Chelsea sent them the wrong documentation.
    Football Insider report that Ziyech would prefer a move to PSG.
    But Spurs are said to be the most likely to sign Ziyech if he remains in the Premier League.
    The former Ajax star has not played for the Blues since the 2-0 loss to Spurs on February 26.
    Most read in Football
    FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
    He has been left out of the matchday squad entirely for the last four Prem games.
    Ziyech is reported to be willing to move on in order to secure more game time.
    He joined Chelsea in a £38m deal from Ajax in 2020 and has 14 goals and 11 assists in 2012 appearances for the club. More

  • in

    Tottenham line up duo of Kilmarnock wonderkids as they look to strike early in transfer window

    TOTTENHAM want to look at Kilmarnock midfield prospect David Watson ahead of a border raid.Spurs are keen to bring Watson to England for training, possibly as early as this week, after being alerted to his potential.
    David Watson, 18, is being lined up by SpursCredit: Rex
    Watson, 18, has already made Killie’s first team in the SPFL and looks a top talent — and Tottenham are eager to win the race before it becomes a scramble.
    Spurs also like right-back Ben Brannan,  16, and could even take the pair.
    Watson got his first start at Montrose in July, with Killie winning 3-0 in the League Cup tie.
    He was outstanding in recent starts against St Johnstone and Hearts, although was on the losing side on Saturday in the 2-0 loss to Aberdeen.
    READ MORE TOTTENHAM NEWS
    Football is in Watson’s blood – with his mum representing Scotland at international level and his dad playing at junior level.
    Brannan is reportedly already on trial at Spurs, after he was granted permission to train in north London.
    Tottenham will then have the option to add him to their academy.
    The right-back is yet to sign a professional contract with Kilmarnock, which means they will be due compensation should the Premier League giants want to make the move permanent.
    Most read in Football
    HOW TO GET FREE BETS ON FOOTBALL
    Brannan, who is yet to appear in the first team, was promoted to the U18s this season after spending last season in the U17s.
    The defender has been a regular for Scotland’s youth teams, and was part of the Under-16s squad for the UEFA Development Tournament earlier this year. More

  • in

    Tottenham face competition in Max Aarons transfer race as Bundesliga big-hitter enters race for Norwich star

    NORWICH right-back Max Aarons is on the radar of Wolfsburg in Germany.Two spies from the Bundesliga outfit saw Aarons, 23, play at Blackburn on Good Friday.
    Norwich defender Max Aarons is wanted by German giants Wolfsburg – in a blow to SpursCredit: Rex
    And they would have been impressed with the galloping defender’s role in his team’s 2-0 win.
    Tottenham have been long-term admirers and also have a leading scout watching him this season.
    Last month, SunSport revealed Aarons turned down two offers from unnamed Premier League clubs on deadline day in order to win promotion from the Championship with Norwich for a third time.
    The England Under-21 right-back had interest from a number of clubs from home and abroad before the window closed.
    read more in football
    SunSport also revealed that Aarons was being monitored by suitors including Fulham, Bournemouth and German outfit Borussia Monchengladbach, who had a bid rejected for Aarons in August.
    Clubs in Italy were also keen.
    But the highly-rated defender, who will have 12 months left on his deal this summer, wanted to stay put at Carrow Road and focus on promotion rather than jump ship mid-season.
    And Aarons, who won the Championship twice with the Canaries in 2019 and 2021, is hugely committed in helping David Wagner’s side make an instant return to the Prem.
    Most read in Football
    Ambitious Aarons retains the dream of returning to the Prem and then establishing himself as a top-flight player.
    BETTING SPECIAL – BEST SPORTS BETTING APPS IN THE UK
    The 23-year-old is currently valued at £10million by Norwich but once he enters the final year of his contract at the end of the season he is likely to be available for a smaller fee.
    Aarons, who has made almost 200 appearances for the club, will also have one eye on England’s Euro U21 finals this summer. More

  • in

    Paul Scholes claims Harry Kane will NOT join Man Utd as he predicts huge blow for Erik ten Hag’s transfer plans

    MANCHESTER UNITED legend Paul Scholes believes Harry Kane will choose to stay at Tottenham this summer despite interest from the Red Devils.Kane, 29, has been heavily linked with a move to Old Trafford in recent weeks.
    Harry Kane has been linked with a move to Man UtdCredit: AFP
    Scholes does not believe Kane would be the right fit for the Red DevilsCredit: Getty
    He emerged as one of Erik ten Hag’s top transfer targets at the beginning of March, shortly after becoming Tottenham’s all-time leading goalscorer.
    But according to Scholes, the England skipper would not be the best fit for Man Utd.
    When speaking to BT Sport, the 48-year-old said: “I think goals are a problem, [United are] a long way behind City and Arsenal at the top of the table goals wise.
    “I think Harry is very happy where he is. If he was going to move it would have been to Man City a couple of years ago. 
    Read More on Man Utd
    “He would be fantastic, 25 goals guaranteed, but it’s very difficult for him to move at 30 years of age.
    “It’s a risk as well for Man Utd, if you put all your eggs in that Harry Kane basket and all of a sudden Daniel Levy is messing you about, you might end up with no one.
    “If you get him early, brilliant, but I just think he’s very happy at Tottenham doing what he’s doing.”
    Man Utd have expressed an interest in signing several young strikers since January.
    Most read in Football
    HOW TO GET FREE BETS ON FOOTBALL
    Victor Osimhen remains a top target, but Napoli are demanding a Premier League record fee of £115-130million.
    United are also keen on the prospect of signing Benfica’s Goncalo Ramos.
    However, the Portugal international is also expected to cost more than £100m. More

  • in

    Tottenham record transfer Tanguy Ndombele aims parting shot at axed Antonio Conte as he drops hint over future at club

    TANGUY NDOMBELE has fired a parting shot at Antonio Conte. Conte was sacked by Tottenham last month following an explosive press conference.
    Tanguy Ndombele has fired a parting shot at Antonio ConteCredit: PA
    And dropped a hint on his Tottenham futureCredit: Rex
    Ndombele fell out of favour under the Italian and was shipped out on loan by the club, landing at Serie A league leaders Napoli.
    On his time in London, Ndombele told French outlet So Foot: “It wasn’t easy in London.
    “[I had] Too many physical problems, everything went too fast and I didn’t really understand where I was.
    “I think I have given more to Tottenham than to Napoli, but the season we are experiencing allows me to be looked at with different eyes.”
    READ MORE IN FOOTBALL
    The 26-year-old has appeared 34 times for Napoli this season, though many of his appearances have come from the bench.
    At Spurs he has played 91 matches, scoring 10 goals and adding nine assists.
    But Ndombele was critical of how Conte handled his situation before he left, blasting: “There was no other solution with Tottenham and I’m happy to have chosen Naples.
    “With Conte I had no choice. I would have liked to prove my worth on the pitch but I was on the edge of the group. I was told from the first day of training camp with the team [I was not in plans].”
    Most read in Football
    BETTING SPECIAL – BEST FOOTBALL BETTING SITES IN THE UK
    Regardless, he remains open to having a future at the North London club.
    He added: “I don’t know what my future will be, many fans are asking me to return to Tottenham but the clubs will decide and Napoli have an option to buy.
    “I don’t mind being on loan here, but sometimes I see players being treated more like goods than people.”
    Ndombele arrived at Tottenham for a club record of £65million in 2019 under fan-favourite Mauricio Pochettino.
    However, Spurs chairman Daniel Levy criticised their purchase of Ndombele after the club’s 2022 financial results were released.
    He said: “We have felt, and continue to feel, the financial impact of supporting player purchases which have not worked out as planned.
    “We have taken steps to improve this area of operations and we believe the recent transfer windows reflect this.” More

  • in

    Dyche unleashes BRUTAL attack on Harry Kane with sarcastic quip about ‘snapped eyelash tragedy’ after Doucoure red card

    SEAN DYCHE has joked that Harry Kane “snapped an eyelash” after his altercation with Abdoulaye Doucoure.The Tottenham star went to ground after being pushed in the face, leading to the sending off of the Everton midfielder in the 1-1 midweek encounter.
    Sean Dyche has hit out at Harry KaneCredit: Getty
    He slammed the striker’s reaction to the altercation that saw Abdoulaye Doucoure sent offCredit: Getty
    Kane has come under criticism for his reaction with many claiming that he did not need to fall down.
    However, there has not been any defence for Dourcoure who was quite rightly dismissed for his actions.
    And now the Toffees boss has aimed a sarcastic dig at the England star in his press conference ahead of his side’s match against Manchester United.
    Dyche said: “I thought at one point he [Harry Kane] might have snapped an eyelash, which would have been tragic.
    READ MORE PREMIER LEAGUE NEWS
    “Abdoulaye certainly didn’t have to speak to the group to say anything.”
    Kane gave Tottenham the lead from the spot ten minutes after the sending off of Doucoure.
    However, the Toffees fought back after Lucas Moura’s red card and equalised through Michael Keane’s late screamer.
    Former Spurs midfielder Danny Murphy labelled the incident “embarrassing” for Kane.
    Most read in Football
    FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
    Murphy said on talkSPORT: “Not enough to send him on the floor, he’s embarrassing himself.
    “Why’s he gone over like that stitching someone up? Doucoure would’ve been sent off anyway.
    “A little flick to the face does not send you the ground like you’ve just been punched. More

  • in

    Man Utd and Tottenham blow in David Raya transfer race as LaLiga giants monitor Brentford keeper

    MANCHESTER UNITED and Tottenham have been handed a blow in their pursuit of David Raya.The Premier League sides have been linked with the Brentford goalkeeper, 27, as they look to replace long-term stars David De Gea and Hugo Lloris.
    David Raya is reportedly wanted to LaLiga teamsCredit: Getty
    However, they are not the only clubs interested in signing the Spaniard.
    According to The Telegraph, Raya has attracted interest from some of the top sides in LaLiga.
    This could hurt the English teams’ chances of completing a transfer, as a move to his homeland could be tempting.
    The report suggests that the Spanish clubs would be willing to wait till his contract expires to sign him for free.

    Raya has rejected two contract offers to extend his stay at Brentford, with his current deal set to expire at the end of next season.
    This means that Man United and Tottenham would have to accelerate their efforts to sign the goalkeeper.
    Manager Thomas Frank has insisted that it would cost “at least” £40million to sign the Spanish international.
    When asked if Raya will stay at the club earlier this month, he said: “I think we need to get into the Champions League and then he would consider it.
    Most read in Football
    HOW TO GET FREE BETS ON FOOTBALL
    “I love David as a keeper. I really believe he is one of the best in the Premier League.
    “If someone wants to come and buy him, he is very expensive. He will be, for me, at least £40m-plus. No doubt about that.”
    However the Bees are braced to lose Raya and are lining up a move for his potential replacement, Dutch international keeper Mark Flekken, according to reports.
    He built his career with lower-league German clubs Alemannia Aachen, Greuther Furth and MSV Duisburg before Freiburg signed him in 2018.
    They want to offer the Enschede-born keeper a new deal, with a release clause higher than the £11.44million in his existing contract. More

  • in

    Man Utd, Chelsea and Tottenham ‘all hold transfer talks with Giorgi Mamardashvili’s agent over move for Valencia keeper’

    GIORGI MAMARDASHVILI’s agent is reportedly in talks with a trio of Premier League sides over a summer transfer.The Valencia goalkeeper has become one of the most highly-rated in Europe after cementing his spot at the LaLiga side.
    Giorgi Mamardashvili is wanted by a host of Premier League sidesCredit: Getty
    Mamardashvili, 22, has now attracted interest from Manchester United, Chelsea and Tottenham.
    The Georgian star’s agent Levan Seturidze has been in contact with the clubs, according to Cope.
    The report suggests that his representative was in London to discuss a summer switch.
    However getting the goalkeeper away from the Spanish side will be tricky as he signed a new contract in September.

    The deal is believed to include a release clause worth £87.5million.
    Should Valencia demand this to be activated, it would make Mamardashvili the most expensive goalkeeper ever.
    The fee would surpass Chelsea’s £72m fee for Kepa Arrizabalaga in 2018.
    The Blues are on the lookout for a new goalkeeper due to the inconsistent performances from both Kepa and Eduoard Mendy.
    Most read in Football
    BETTING SPECIAL – BEST FOOTBALL BETTING SITES IN THE UK
    While United and Tottenham are also keen on replacing their long-term stoppers, David De Gea and Hugo Lloris.
    The interested clubs will also have to fight off advances from Leicester, who are believed to be leading the race to sign him.
    Fabrizio Romano reported the Foxes interest as he also claimed that the player’s agent was in London and in attendance for Chelsea’s game against Liverpool. More