More stories

  • in

    Harry Kane stars in Christmas-themed Amazon advert – failing to whip up a festive dinner

    HARRY Kane kicks up his feet as he stars in a Christmas-themed Amazon advert.In the ad, the Bayern Munich man, 30, tries to earn his Spurs as he tries and fails to whip up a Christmas dinner.
    Harry Kane kicks up his feet as he stars in a Christmas-themed Amazon advertCredit: hello@maxgalys.de
    Harry’s cooking didn’t go too well and he needed a fire extinguisherCredit: Instagram
    At one point the star pulls out a fire extinguisher to put out some burned roast potatoes and is later seen staring at a serving tray as if it is the Bundesliga trophy.
    Harry is celebrating having his first Christmas off in years as the Bundesliga takes a three week break.
    And he said of his time off: “I’m really looking forward to it.
    “It’s been tough here without the family for these four months, without the kids and without the wife. 
    read more on harry kane
    “It’s just about spending some time with them, some quality time. 
    “When we get back everyone will move to Germany, which will be nice as well.”
    Kane and his family will head for a sunny escape soon after Christmas.
    He said: “We’re going somewhere hot, so we’ll spend 10 days and just enjoy that time. 
    Most read in Football
    “I’m going to text all my mates in England a picture of me on the beach somewhere.”
    Thankfully he is having better luck on the pitch – having made a record-breaking start to life in Europe since his big-money move from Tottenham last summer.
    Last week he became the quickest player to reach 20 Bundesliga goals after knocking in a brace during Bayern’s 3-0 win over Stuttgart.
    Harry’s gingerbread men were a little burntCredit: Instagram More

  • in

    Tottenham boost as centre-back target Tosin Adarabioyo tells Fulham he will leave on a free transfer

    TOSIN ADARABIOYO has told Fulham he wants to leave at the end of the season as a free agent.The Cottagers have offered the centre-back, 26, a new deal with his current terms due to expire in the summer.
    Tosin Adarabioyo has told Fulham he plans to leave the clubCredit: Rex
    But Tosin, who attracted interest from Tottenham and Monaco during the last transfer window, is expected to snub it as he wishes to move on for nothing when the campaign ends.
    At present, Fulham still expect the Manchester City academy product to stay in January despite there only being months remaining on his deal.
    Tosin will be able to agree a pre-contract agreement with foreign clubs from the start of next month.
    Manager Marco Silva described the centre-back as “special” following his side’s penalty shootout win over Everton in the Carabao Cup quarter-finals on Tuesday night.
    READ MORE TRANSFER NEWS
    Tosin struck the winning penalty and his Portuguese boss added: “He is a key player for us. He is one of the leaders in our dressing room.”
    Silva is believed to have not given up hope that Tosin will have a change of heart before the season ends.
    Tosin has racked up 113 appearances for Fulham since joining from Manchester City in 2020, experiencing both promotion and relegation to and from the Premier League in that period.
    He has missed 11 Prem games this season after groin surgery.
    Most read in Football
    FREE BETS – BEST BETTING OFFERS & NEW CUSTOMER BONUSES

    Spurs have made signing a new centre-back their top transfer priority in January.
    Postecoglou’s side take on Everton on Saturday and will again have to deal with a long-list of absentees.
    The club have found a way to deal with missing the likes of James Maddison and Micky Van De Ven to injury but they will be joined on the sidelines against Everton by Destiny Udogie and Yves Bissouma after they picked up suspensions against Forest. More

  • in

    Will Tottenham always be ‘Spursy’ and is Arteta right to rant? YouTuber The Deluded Gooner joins The Sun’s new Tap In

    THIS WEEK the Tap In crossed the North London divide to delve into all things Arsenal. Will Pugh and Izzy Barker are joined by Arsenal Youtube sensation CJ Needham, AKA The Deluded Gooner.
    The Deluded Gooner joins Will and Izzy for this week’s The Tap In
    CJ does not hold back on bitter rivals Tottenham and their new boss Ange Postecoglou and whether the Aussie, his ‘brave’ new tactics are going to shake the ‘Spursy’ tag.
    CJ went in on Manchester United’s demise in the Premier League and the Champions League.
    He also weighed up whether boss Erik Ten Hag is to blame or his underperforming players, like Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford.
    He said: “They don’t attack well, defensively they’re a shambles, midfield is also a shambles.
    Read More Arsenal news
    “There’s question marks over Ten Hag’s recruitment, talent ID, player management, his ability to get results. It’s unacceptable from Man United.”
    CJ came to the defence of Gunners boss Mikel Arteta after his livid rant at the “absolute disgrace” of VAR and referees.
    He weighs in on Arsenal fans claiming to have taught Declan Rice how to play football after his £105million British record transfer from West Ham.
    On the show, CJ said: “Rice, the man himself, said Arteta showed me everything I thought about football was a lie!”
    Most read in Sport
    CJ’s loyalty is put to the test during the show’s Arsenal-esque challenge – Taking the Mik or From the Art.
    He signs off by seeing if he can beat Chris Cowlin, fan of arch north London rivals Tottenham, to go top of the leaderboard in our weekly challenge The Perfect Delivery. More

  • in

    Tottenham step up Radu Dragusin transfer chase and are already in talks to hijack Man Utd’s top target

    TOTTENHAM have Genoa ace Radu Dragusin in their sights as they step up their search for a new centre-back.The Romanian was watched by Spurs scouts against his former club Juventus on Friday night.
    Radu Dragusin is being tracked by several Premier League clubsCredit: Getty
    Dragusin’s agent Florin Manea revealed this week he has had discussions with the North Londoners over his £26million-rated client.
    Manea said: “With Tottenham it was just a discussion about Radu. There is an interest from them, we will see what will happen in the next period.”
    Dragusin helped Genoa win promotion to Serie A last term, having joined from Juve in 2020.
    The 21-year-old is reportedly also on the radar of Manchester United and Arsenal.
    READ MORE IN FOOTBALL
    He was signed by the Old Lady under Fabio Paratici, who went on to become Spurs’ managing director of football.
    Paratici stepped down from his role at Tottenham last April, but then went on to work for them on a consultancy basis and has been spotted at Spurs’ games this season.
    Bringing in a new recruit to the middle of defence is Tottenham’s top transfer priority when the window opens next month.
    A host of players are under consideration, including Bournemouth’s Lloyd Kelly and Marc Guehi of Crystal Palace. Though Everton’s Ben Godfrey is understood not to be a target.
    Most read in Football
    FREE BETS – BEST BETTING OFFERS & NEW CUSTOMER BONUSES
    Talks have already begun between Spurs and Nice over the possible signing of in-demand Jean-Clair Todibo, who is valued in the £30million-plus bracket.
    Left-back Ben Davies has been filling in for the injured Micky van de Ven since the Dutchman damaged his hamstring in the 4-1 home defeat to Chelsea at the start of November.
    While the disciplinary record of Van de Ven’s centre-back partner Cristian Romero means more depth in that area is even more of a necessity. More

  • in

    Man City slapped with huge fine over furious stars surrounding ref and Erling Haaland had meltdown in Tottenham clash

    MANCHESTER CITY have been slapped with a fine after they lost their temper during a 3-3 draw with Tottenham. Many of the Treble-winning stars like Erling Haaland surrounded referee Simon Hooper after he blew too early for a foul while Jack Grealish was through on goal.
    Man City have been fined for their players’ behaviourCredit: PA
    Erling Haaland screamed and shouted at ref Simon HooperCredit: Rex
    The Norwegian striker was knocked over on the half way line by Emerson Royal but managed to pick himself up and pass to his team-mate racing towards the net.
    But the official did not play the advantage and instead pulled the game back for a foul, sparking fury amongst the City players.
    Haaland completely lost his rag and sprinted towards Hooper shouting at him.
    At full-time, he then stormed off the pitch and was involved in an altercation with Spurs players.
    READ MORE IN FOOTBALL
    Haaland was seen shouting: “F*** off, f*** off”.
    And his rage didn’t end there as he later tweeted a video of the decision with the caption “WTF”.
    Ruben Dias, Mateo Kovacic and Ederson also all confronted the ref.
    Haaland has escaped any direct punishment for his behaviour.
    Most read in Football
    CASINO SPECIAL – BEST CASINO WELCOME OFFER
    But the same cannot be said for his club with Man City fined £120,000 by the FA.
    A statement read: “Manchester City admitted that they failed to ensure their players did not behave in an improper way during the 94th minute.
    “An Independent Regulatory Commission imposed this sanction following a hearing.” More

  • in

    Tottenham superhero Dejan Kulusevski lifts lid on secret weapon that gives him ‘a little more power’ under Postecoglou

    DEJAN KULUSEVSKI is proving to be a superhero for Spurs – and the Swedish international now claims a special Zorro mask is giving him special powers.The Tottenham midfielder delivered another fine performance in Friday’s 2–0 win at Nottingham Forest and created Richarlison’s opener before grabbing the second.
    Tottenham ace Dejan Kulusevski has drastically improved under Ange PostecoglouCredit: PA
    Kulusevski revealed his protective mask as the secret behind his newfound successCredit: AP
    Kulusevski, 23, claimed he felt inspired by wearing the protective item for only the second time after breaking his nose in the last minute of the 2-1 home loss to West Ham on December 7.
    The mask got its first outing in the 4-1 win over Newcastle 72 hours later and Kulusevski will be keeping it for Saturday’s home game with Everton.
    He said: “It feels good – it gives me a little more power. I like it. I push the secret button on the mask and off we go.
    “I’ve not worn it before. I’ve just broken my nose and this is what I have to do to protect it. The doctor says to keep it for one month – we will see.”
    Read More on Football
    Kulusevski continues to be at the heart of all of Tottenham’s creativity.
    Since initially arriving on loan from Juventus on January 31 2022, he has delivered 17 Premier League assists.
    Only four players, Mohamed Salah (23), Kevin De Bruyne (22), Bukayo Saka (20) and James Maddison (19) have a higher number.
    After being urged to add goals to his game by new Spurs boss Ange Postecoglou, Kulusevski has started to become more of a threat up front and the strike at Forest was his fifth of the season.
    Most read in Football
    CASINO SPECIAL – BEST CASINO WELCOME OFFER
    Tottenham defender Ben Davies, impressed with Kulusevski,  said: “He’s actually been very, very good for us this year. It’s not just about how good he is on the ball. He holds it up, secures it but off the ball as well.
    “I’m pretty sure he runs the most in our team as well. He runs miles every single game. We’re very lucky to have him.
    “He’s such a good player. Obviously, we see it day in, day out, but we want him to be more aggressive. The message has been: ‘Stop looking for your team-mates and actually back yourself a bit more’.
    “And now you’re seeing it. He’s direct, he’s putting in crosses that are on the money nine times out of 10. He’s got much more confidence in his shooting now as well and he’s getting the rewards for that.”
    Kulusevski is happy that Spurs delivered a second successive win against Forest after a dodgy run of five matches without a victory.
    He said: “We were very disappointed with what happened. We played well but we still lost games and now we’re winning and still doing well. We can’t control what’s gone on in the past, we just look forward.
    “We conceded some silly goals, we could have controlled things much better. We have to grow, we’re still a young team. The football is there. The football has been there in every single game but we can grow as individuals.” More

  • in

    Tottenham legend Teddy Sheringham tells Ange Postecoglou to beat Arsenal to top transfer target in January

    TOTTENHAM legend Teddy Sheringham has urged Spurs to beat Arsenal to the signing of Ivan Toney in January.Spurs have found success since moving Heung Min Son to a No9 role but have struggled to blow teams away despite creating numerous chances.
    Sheringham has urged Spurs to move for a strikerCredit: Times Newspapers Ltd
    He thinks Ivan Toney would be the perfect fitCredit: PA
    Although they’ve scored in every game they’ve played this season, Spurs have only scored more than two goals in a game twice this season – against Burnley and Newcastle.
    And former striker Sheringham believes that Brentford’s Toney would be the perfect solution for them to become a free-scoring side.
    Toney is currently suspended for a gambling ban but will be free to play again on January 17.
    Brentford want £100million for the striker who is also being courted by Arsenal and Chelsea.
    READ MORE ON FOOTBALL
    On bringing Toney to the club, he told Gambling Zone: “Everyone is talking about Arsenal getting Ivan Toney in January.
    “He seems to be the only player in the centre forward position that might be available in the next window. I would love to see Tottenham nick him off of Brentford and get there before Arsenal do.
    “Toney has got something about him. He carries himself well and can take on the mantle of being the main man at a club.
    “Everyone is suggesting that he could be the icing on the cake for Arsenal, but I think he could be a big, big player for Tottenham at this moment in time.
    Most read in Football
    FREE BETS – BEST BETTING OFFERS & NEW CUSTOMER BONUSES
    “He could spearhead Tottenham’s attack. Sonny isn’t really a centre forward. He loves to run in behind, but he doesn’t play like a centre forward – you need a focal point in your team.
    “You need that man that brings it all together. A player that can lead the line, stretch defences, hold the ball up and bring others into play. I see Ivan Toney as a player that is more than capable of doing that.”
    Sheringham also said that he’s delighted with the job Ange Postecoglou has done since taking over, but said he needs more squad depth if he is to fulfil his ambitions at Spurs.
    Sheringham said: “The future looks bright under Ange. He has Romero back now, Van de Ven will be back in the New Year and both of those players give you defensive stability.
    “A great season would see Tottenham get into a Champions League spot and win the FA Cup. That would be a great season. You can’t ask for more than that.
    “Winning the FA Cup on its own would be a great season, but the club will be looking at the financial rewards qualifying for the Champions League brings, which allows you to bring in better players.
    “For Tottenham to keep moving in the right direction and to give the club the best possible chance of qualifying for the Champions League, they need more quality. Without a doubt.”
    Spurs travel to Nottingham Forest tonight at 8pm.
    A victory move level on points with Manchester City in fourth but remain behind them due to City’s superior goal difference. More

  • in

    Man Utd ‘joined by City, Spurs and Liverpool in sending scouts to watch England Under-21 wonderkid for 2024 transfer’

    MANCHESTER UNITED must battle THREE other top-six Premier League clubs for Hayden Hackney, according to reports.The England U21’s midfielder will likely leave Middlesbrough in the summer.
    Hayden Hackney is on the radar of both Manchester United and Manchester CityCredit: Rex
    Hackney was called up to the U21 squad in SeptemberCredit: Alamy
    United must fend of interest from Manchester City, Liverpool and Tottenham – who all have their eye on the defensive midfielder.
    The Mail report that talent-spotters were in attendance at Boro matches in recent months, and Spurs are among those most interested.
    Premier League scouts attended his last game away at Bristol City before he picked up a hamstring injury.
    Interestingly, most of those top six clubs have not watched the team during his three game absence.
    READ MORE MAN UTD NEWS
    Both Manchester clubs are monitoring him, with United said to be more keen.
    Hackney’s manager is United legend Michael Carrick, who guided Boro to fourth in the Championship last year.
    The England star signed a new four-year contract in the summer, but there is an acceptance he will snapped up if Boro fail to win promotion to the Premier League.
    United midfielder Casemiro failed to replicate last season’s form before his injury, and Sofyan Amrabat will likely miss out on a permanent move.
    Most read in Football
    FREE BETS – BEST BETTING OFFERS & NEW CUSTOMER BONUSES
    While Liverpool are also interested with Wataru Endo and Thiago Alcantara both in their thirties.
    Hackney has made 16 league appearances this season, and a further four in the EFL Cup.
    He also won five caps for England’s under-21s over the autumn, playing alongside current Liverpool star Harvey Elliott.
    Despite a good start, Middlesbrough have dropped to 12th, losing three of their last five.
    However, the club remain six points away from the playoff spots. More