More stories

  • in

    Footie fan stripped of season ticket in three-year ban after sick taunt about Munich air crash

    A FOOTBALL fan was today banned from matches for three years for a sick taunt about the Munich air disaster which went viral.Newcastle United supporter James Blake, 42, “photobombed” a YouTuber’s report at the club’s Carabao Cup clash with Manchester City in September.
    A clip went viral of Newcastle United supporter James Blake making a sick taunt about the 1958 Munich air crash, in which eight Manchester United players diedCredit: North News & Pictures
    Blake — who had been drinking heavily and was wearing a replica Newcastle shirt — yelled: “Hello! What about Man United, eh? Air disasters, air disasters.”
    Prosecutor Steven Davis said: “You will see a person address the camera when he is approached from behind by a man and a young child and he makes the comment.”
    Eight Manchester United players were among 23 people who died in 1958 when a plane crashed during take-off in then-West Germany.
    Painter and decorator Blake was stripped of his season ticket by Newcastle after his arrest.
    READ MORE BEAUTIFUL GAME
    Dave Parish, mitigating, said: “He is deeply remorseful and frankly ashamed by this behaviour.
    “He accepts he was highly intoxicated at the time.”
    Blake, of North Shields, admitted using threatening or abusive words or behaviour likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress at North Tyneside magistrates’ court.
    He was fined £400, ordered to pay a total of £780 and banned for three years from all football matches in England and Wales.
    Most read in Football
    23 people died when a plane took off in then-West Germany, with eight of them being Manchester United playersCredit: PA More

  • in

    Jack Grealish burglars tried to raid mansion a month before £1m attack but were scared off

    BURGLARS responsible for the £1million raid on Jack Grealish’s mansion were scared off by cops a month earlier, we can reveal.The gang got spooked when a police car drove past as they prepared to break in.
    BURGLARS responsible for the £1million raid on Jack Grealish’s mansion were scared off by cops a month earlier, we can revealCredit: Getty
    Sasha Attwood, pictured with Man City and England ace Jack, was in at the time of the raid and raised the alarm but the gang escaped after less than three minutesCredit: Instagram
    They first targeted the Man City midfield ace’s £5.6million mansion while he played against RB Leipzig on November 28 in the Champions League.
    But they did not know Grealish, 28, and girlfriend Sasha Attwood, 27, were yet to move in.
    They fled the scene when a police car coincidentally cruised by as they lay in wait down a quiet village lane near Knutsford, Cheshire.
    They returned on December 27, grabbing watches and gems worth £1million while Jack played in City’s 3-1 win at Everton.
    READ MORE ON THE RAID
    Sasha and members of Jack’s family were in at the time and raised the alarm but the gang escaped after less than three minutes, according to an underworld source.
    They said the burglary was carried out with the approval of a Salford gang and the stolen items will be sold in Spain.
    They added: “These lads are good at what they do. They never spend longer than a couple of minutes in a house because they automatically assume an alarm has been triggered the moment they gain entry. They don’t want to hurt or threaten anyone as they know that will increase their jail sentence if they are caught.”
    Police are probing whether the raid was an inside job linked to other targeted footie stars. The source said: “If you’re a tradesman and work for footballers, once in with one you’re in with them all as they pass them on to teammates and say, ‘Use my guy’.
    Most read in Football
    “So the police are trying to see if there is any pattern of a tradesman or particular company working at burgled properties.”
    A Cheshire Police spokesman said: “No arrests have been made at this time and enquiries are ongoing.” More

  • in

    Man City ace Erling Haaland sells private plane worth £3million

    ERLING Haaland has stopped playing on the wing this season — after selling his private plane.The Man City star, 23, has been snapped all over Europe on board the Piper Malibu, which he owned with former footie international dad Alfie, 51, and two partners.
    Erling Haaland has stopped playing on the wing this season — after selling his private planeCredit: PA
    The Piper M600 is now £3million to buy newCredit: Piper
    But Norwegian striker Haaland has ditched the plane which cost just under £2million in 2021.
    The buyer, gun silencer tycoon Eckhoff Johansen, 47, said he had paid substantially more than the 2021 price.
    The Piper M600 is now £3million to buy new.
    Haaland and his dad held a 37.5 per cent stake in the company which owned the six-seater.
    Read More on Football
    A source told The Sun: “Erling and Alfie have had fun in their plane.
    “But they’re both multi-millionaires who can ­afford to charter a ­private plane without the hassle of ownership.”
    “It’s a bonus that they appear to have sold it for more than they paid for it – that’s good business!”
    Haaland has spent Christmas recovering from a stress injury to his foot which has kept him out of the City side for weeks.
    Most read in Football More

  • in

    Ex-England captain Sol Campbell sued for more than £800k after pulling out of buying £3.85m flat

    EX-England captain Sol Campbell is being sued for more than £800,000 after pulling out of buying a £3.85million flat.Sol, 49, and wife Fiona had put a ten per cent (£387,500) deposit down on the home in London’s swish Cadogan Square.
    Sol Campbell is being sued for more than £800,000 after pulling out of buying a multi-million pound flatCredit: Getty
    The flat’s owner Lady Jadranka Beresford-Peirse has lodged papers at the High Court which claim the pair signed a contract to buy in 2021 but failed to pay the balance due.
    Widow Lady Jadranka is seeking a total of about £810,000 in alleged losses and new sale costs.
    Ex-Spurs and Arsenal defender Sol played 73 times for England.
    Campbell then went on to manage Macclesfield Town and Southend United.
    READ MORE FOOTBALL NEWS
    He married interior designer Fiona Barratt, granddaughter of Barratt Homes founder Sir Lawrie Barratt, in 2010.
    Lady Jadranka now accuses Sol and Fiona Campbell of breach of contract, saying they failed to pay the balance due for the flat, and threatened to sue them for specific performance of the contract if they failed to go ahead with the deal.
    She is seeking an order which would force them to have to buy the flat and pay her compensation.
    Lady Jadranka is seeking an order that would force him and his wife to have to buy the flat and pay her compensation.
    Most read in Football
    She claims she lost £260,000 after being unable to go ahead with her purchase of a smaller flat. More

  • in

    Twist in probe into £1m raid on Jack Grealish’s mansion as cops fear it may have been an inside job

    POLICE suspect a £1million raid on Jack Grealish’s mansion may have been an inside job after dozens of workmen had recently been in the property.The Three Lions star and fiancée Sasha Attwood moved in five days before Christmas after tradesmen had been finishing renovations.
    Cops suspect a £1million raid on Jack Grealish’s mansion may have been an inside jobCredit: Rex
    Grealish and fiancée Sasha Attwood moved in five days before Christmas after tradesmen had been finishing renovationsCredit: Instagram
    A source said: ‘By the time Jack’s partner and family downstairs heard what was going on and raised the alarm, they were long gone’Credit: https://www.instagram.com/jackgrealish/
    And The Sun understands police are focussing on whether thieves who broke into the £5.6million pad via an upstairs balcony could have been tipped off.
    A source said: “The crooks went straight to safes and jewellery counters.
    “By the time Jack’s partner and family downstairs heard what was going on and raised the alarm, they were long gone.
    “The thieves may have had specific details provided by eyewitnesses who had been in the home.”
    Read More on Football
    Another theory is the burglars were helped by the Man City star’s planning application for an extension, which reveals online the layout of his seven-bed home.
    The Sun revealed the lavish property in Cheshire was raided last Wednesday evening while the 28-year-old played in City’s 3-1 Prem win at Everton.
    Former Met top detective Mick Neville said cops would be “trying to establish who has had access to the property over the last few months”.
    He called for clubs to help give stars better home protection.
    Most read in Football
    City boss Pep Guardiola has urged stars not to flaunt their wealth online as it emerged Jack had worn £500,000 of different watches in recent weeks.
    Jack’s agent and Cheshire Police were approached for comment.  
    The Sun revealed that the couple’s lavish property was raided last Wednesday eveningCredit: Tim Stewart More

  • in

    Jermain Defoe brings on-off girlfriend Alisha LeMay back into his tangled love life

    FOOTIE pundit Jermain Defoe has brought on-off girlfriend Alisha LeMay off the bench and back into his tangled love life.The ex-England star, 41, was seen jogging with the influencer, 31, near his Herts home.
    Jermain Defoe was seen jogging with on-off girlfriend Alisha LeMay near his Herts homeCredit: Splash
    Paige Mallabourn-Edmondson moved in with the footie ace in September
    They also had a recent date at Claridge’s in London.
    In September, they looked over as Paige Mallabourn-Edmondson, 29, moved in with him.
    He had earlier split from wife Donna Tierney, 40.
    Defoe got his start in youth football, playing from 1997-1999 before moving up to senior level.
    Read More on Football
    He played professional football from 1994 until 2022 for a variety of Premier League teams.
    He began his career with Charlton Athletic, joining their youth team aged 14, before moving to West Ham United when he was 16.
    Defoe made his first team appearance for West Ham in 2000 and was then loaned to AFC Bournemouth for a season.
    He returned to West Ham, establishing himself in their lineup before the team was relegated in 2003.
    Most read in Football
    Following their relegation, Defoe moved to Tottenham Hotspur in January 2004.
    He played for Hotspur for four years before being sold to Portsmouth in January 2008.
    Donna Tierney married Jermain in June 2022 – but they split just months later More

  • in

    Prem star ‘called apartment block concierge the N-word twice during drunken rant’ sparking police probe

    A PREMIER League star is being investigated by police over claims he racially abused a staff member at a luxury apartment block.His alleged victim said the footballer hurled the N-word at him twice after turning up “agitated” and smelling of alcohol in the early hours.
    A Premier League star is being investigated by police over claims he racially abused a staff member at a luxury apartment block (stock picture)Credit: Getty
    His alleged victim, the concierge, said the footballer hurled the N-word at him twice
    The 50-year-old man claimed it happened when he was working as a concierge on December 10, after the player angrily demanded a key.
    He has reported his allegations to the Metropolitan Police and the player’s club, which have both confirmed a complaint has been made.
    The man was standing in as a temporary worker on reception, and said of the player: “He smelt like alcohol and was very agitated.
    “I wanted to help him.
    Read More on Football
    “I wanted to get him in.
    “But as soon as he saw me he demanded, ‘My key?’
    “I asked him, ‘Please, Sir, can you write down your name, email, address and phone number, so I can try to help.’
    “I explained I was a temp worker and I would do my best to help.
    Most read in Football
    “But my colleague, who was the supervisor, was on security patrol.
    “It was late. I could not get on the computer system.
    “The password I was given didn’t work.
    “Then he started losing his temper, telling me to give him the ‘f***ing key’.
    “Then he called me a ‘c***’.
    “I told him, ‘Wait a few minutes and my colleague will be back. He has access to the keys.’
    “Then he was swearing more at me and said, ‘Give me the key, you f***ing n*****.’
    “I draw the line at that.
    “I was appalled and disgusted.
    “I said to him, ‘I will not tolerate that.
    “Do not use that word towards me.’
    “He was shouting at me, ‘Do you know who I f***ing am? You will never work here again.’
    “He said the N-word again.”
    The concierge, who was born in England to Senegalese-Gambian parents, said he did not know who the player was at the time.
    He added: “I don’t follow football.
    “The development is a place with lots of very rich people. 
    “It is my job to make sure the place is safe. 
    “After he had gone, my colleague told me he is a famous footballer.
    “I was shocked.
    “I felt sick to the pit of my stomach.”
    The Met said: “On December 13, a 50-year-old man contacted police to report he had been racially abused by another man as he worked as a concierge.
    “There have been no arrests.
    “Enquiries continue.”
    The player’s club said: “It would be inappropriate to comment until the matter has been investigated fully by police.
    Read more on The Sun
    The player is said to deny the allegations.
    The Premier League and the clubs that play in it say they are committed to tackling all forms of discrimination, on and off the pitch. More

  • in

    Pep Guardiola warns Man City stars criminals are watching them on social media after £1m raid on Jack Grealish’s house

    MAN City boss Pep Guardiola yesterday told his mega-wealthy stars they are always being watched on social media — so the “less the criminals know, the better”.He urged players not to flaunt their wealth online after we revealed raiders terrified Jack Grealish’s family at his new mansion.
    Concerned manager Pep Guardiola has warned players not to flaunt their wealth after a break-in at Jack Grealish’s homeCredit: Getty
    Jack, 28, and stunning influencer fiancée Sasha Attwood have been left devastated by the raidCredit: Instagram
    The City manager said they should share “not so much on social media — the less they know what you are doing the better. People are waiting. Waiting to see where you are”.
    Grealish’s partner Sasha Attwood and up to ten relatives were at his £5.6million Cheshire home on Wednesday night when they heard burglars upstairs.
    They pressed a panic alarm before the raiders fled with £1million of watches and gems, despite extensive perimeter fencing and security.
    Grealish, 28, who was playing away at Everton, had only just moved in to the property.
    READ MORE JACK GREALISH
    On Christmas Day he and Sasha posted a festive photo with their dog Skye, shared with more than 10 million followers.
    The England winger also posted a picture of a dining table with a Christmas Day menu.
    The Sun can reveal that detectives are speaking to the team that installed the security system at his home.
    The ordeal has also left model and influencer Sasha, 27, “absolutely devastated”.
    Most read in Football
    Guardiola said his £100million man, expected to play today against Sheffield United, will find it “tough to process”. He added: “It is what it is today in the modern world.
    “Yes it was a bad moment for him and his family but, fortunately, the family was not hurt.”
    Guardiola compared it to the 2021 ordeal suffered by City’s defender Joao Cancelo, now on loan at Barcelona.
    The player was battered after confronting four raiders who broke into his home in Hale, Greater Manchester, while he was there with his family.
    The Spanish boss said of the spate of break-ins: “It has ­happened to Manchester United players as well. I don’t know much about London but it’s happened there.
    “They have security. But unfortunately it’s happened — it’s happened many times.
    “In the UK, in Catalonia where my family lives, many things happen. Today you have to be careful, definitely.
    “Unfortunately it happened with Joao Cancelo, which was so scary because the family was being attacked.
    “Jewellery, money, whatever — it’s tough — but the family being there is tough to process for Jack, as it was with Joao.”
    Read more on The Sun
    Last year, then-City winger Riyad Mahrez had £500,000 of items stolen from his Manchester pad, including watches he had posted pictures of on social media.
    Cheshire Police are appealing for info on the latest break-in.
    Jack and Sasha had spent Christmas together at home with their dogCredit: Instagram
    Jack had posted an image to social media of his festive dining tableCredit:
    He had also shared a Christmas Day dinner menu on InstagramCredit: Instagram
    Guardiola has warned his players not to share details of their personal lives onlineCredit: Getty
    Former City defender Joao Cancelo was assaulted in his own home in 2021Credit: Instagram @jpcancelo More