More stories

  • in

    Kickaround on council pitch was banned as players didn’t complete a risk assessment

    A PARK kickaround among pals was cancelled by council killjoys — as the players had not completed a risk assessment.The middle-aged mates arranged a final five-a-side match on the multi-use pitch they had used for 15 years but is now due for demolition.
    A football match in Lincolnshire has been cancelled by the council after the players refused to complete a risk assessment before the game
    They promoted the event on Facebook and were stunned when a council spoilsport spotted the post and demanded they get public liability insurance and a do a risk assessment.
    The match in Sutton-on-Sea, Lincs, was then banned when they refused.
    One organiser told The Sun: “It was supposed to be a meet-up for people who’d played on the pitch — most of them are in their 50s and 60s now.
    It was just a bit of fun — but the council got in touch and classed it as an organised event on council land.”
    READ MORE FOOTBALL NEWS
    But after The Sun stepped in, East Lindsey District Council performed a swift Cruyff turn — saying there was a “misunderstanding regarding the size and nature of the event”.
    The kickaround did go ahead on Friday, but numbers were low due to late notice of its reinstatement. More

  • in

    Man City’s Kyle Walker locks lips with wife despite history of cheating including love child and orgy with hookers

    FOOTBALL love rat Kyle Walker has been spotted shoring up his defence with his wife by exchanging a public kiss.The Manchester City star, 32, has been seen locking lips with Annie Kilner in the street.
    Kyle Walker and Annie Kilner showed a sign of public affection despite the relationship being plagued by Walker’s cheatingCredit: Splash
    Kyle and Annie secretly wed at the start of 2022Credit: Splash
    The pair – who wed at the start of last year – showed a sign of public affection despite the relationship being plagued by Walker’s cheating.
    They were spotted this week out relaxing dressed casually in Cheshire.
    Annie, 30, licked her lips in anticipation of the smooch.
    The England right back made a name for himself as a pacy, team-player, who has made Pep Guardiaola’s demanding system his home, ever since his arrival to the Etihad in 2017.
    READ MORE ON MAN CITY
    Despite his on-pitch credentials, Walker has been hit by scandals since his £50million move to City from Spurs in 2017.
    First, Ex on the Beach TV reality star Laura Brown said she and Walker repeatedly romped in his Bentley.
    Annie kicked him out of their Cheshire home but they got back together.
    She gave him the boot again when he revealed Lauryn was having his baby.
    Most read in Football
    He moved into an £8,000-a-month flat nearby — and was then caught breaching lockdown rules by having an orgy with two hookers.
    But the couple were wed in front of a handful of guests and a registrar at five-star Mottram Hall hotel in Cheshire at the end of November.
    The England right back made a name for himself as a pacy, steadfast athlete, who has made Pep Guardiaola’s demanding system his homeCredit: Getty
    Lauryn gave birth to Walker’s child KairoCredit: Instagram More

  • in

    Sam Allardyce sues ‘thug in a suit’ Irish property developer for £3.5million

    SAM Allardyce is suing an Irish property developer once dubbed “a thug in a suit” for £3.5million.Ex-England boss “Big Sam” and his wife claim they paid John Kelly £883,000 to buy and do up two Surrey mansions.
    Ex-England manager Sam Allardyce is sueing ‘thuggish’ property developer John KellyCredit: Getty
    But the deal — which also included buying £100,000 in Bitcoin — fell through, a High Court writ claims.
    Now lawyers for the couple say Kelly, 60, has since “failed to account” for their investment.
    The developer, of Windsor, Berkshire, built a property empire in Dublin in the 2000s worth millions.
    He paid around £350,000 to Girls Aloud to perform at his step- daughter’s 21st birthday.
    READ MORE FOOTBALL NEWS
    In 2009 he told an Irish court he owned a helicopter, a yacht in Marbella, a Bentley and an Aston Martin.
    But his fortunes collapsed and in 2012 he claimed he was under police protection after paramilitary threats.
    In 2013 convicted fraudster Thomas Byrne accused Kelly, his former business partner, of being a “thug in a suit” and “vampire-like” while on trial at Dublin’s central criminal court.
    The writ by the Allardyces at London’s High Court, against him and his wife, Mary O’Connor, claims they handed over £883,000 to Kelly between 2017 and 2019.
    Most read in Football
    The money was allegedly meant to be used to buy the properties in Woking and Cranleigh, which would be developed and sold for profit.
    Kelly also pledged to use the cash to buy 34 units of Bitcoin for £100,000. But the writ accuses him of failing to pay the Allardyces “any of the sums owed to them”.
    It says Kelly even rang 68-year-old Allardyce, who managed the England football team in 2016, and told him the Bitcoin deal had gone “belly up”.
    The writ is for £650,000, plus £2.5million in interest, with £1,417 per day in interest until the claim is concluded.
    It is also demanding 34 units of Bitcoin be returned or £511,200 in compensation.
    The writ also reveals Kelly committed to pay £200,000 to Mark Curtis, understood to be Allardyce’s football agent, by February 2019.
    Kelly’s defence is yet to be made public. More

  • in

    Moment Aston Villa star Leon Bailey inhales ‘laughing gas’ after partying all night

    ASTON Villa football star Leon Bailey inhales “laughing gas” in images that will shock fans.Footage emerged of the £25million winger sitting in a motor holding a huge balloon.
    Aston Villa football star Leon Bailey inhales ‘laughing gas’ in images that will shock fans and his club
    The images, taken while celebrating his team’s victory at Everton, are captioned ‘Birmingham, 7.19am’
    Bailey left German side Bayer Laverkusen to join Villa in 2021Credit: Getty
    As he sang, Bailey, 25 — in a black T-shirt and cap — put the inflatable to his lips and inhaled potentially deadly nitrous oxide.
    Another image showed him posing with the deflated balloon hanging from his mouth.
    The Jamaican international played in Villa’s 2-0 Premier League win at Everton last Saturday afternoon before being subbed in the 61st minute.
    The Sun understands he later went to a show to celebrate a friend’s birthday before partying through the night — culminating in the footage, captioned “Birmingham, 7.19am”, on Sunday.
    READ MORE ON LEON BAILEY
    Fan, John Parry, who was sent the video, said: “My kid idolises Bailey and has his shirt.
    “This behaviour is appalling.
    “He is meant to be a professional and a role model, but has let himself and the club down badly.
    “This kind of reckless behaviour cannot go unpunished.”
    Most read in Football
    Bailey left German side Bayer Laverkusen to join Villa in 2021.
    The exciting star, who has scored five times for the Midlands side, now faces the wrath of their no-nonsense boss Unai Emery.
    Inhaling nitrous oxide is legal — but it is illegal to supply it due to its psychoactive effect.
    It starves the brain of oxygen and makes users feel light-headed and dizzy and can even cause death.
    Other football stars including Kyle Walker and Raheem Sterling have previously been pictured inhaling the legal high.
    Aston Villa were approached for comment yesterday. More

  • in

    Mason Greenwood’s England future revealed after he turned down opportunity to play for another country

    MASON Greenwood will never again be selected for England by Gareth Southgate, The Sun understands — even though the striker has rejected a switch to Jamaica.The Man United ace, 21, has not given up on his Three Lions dream, despite falling out with the England manager.
    Mason Greenwood will never again be selected for England by Gareth Southgate, The Sun understandsCredit: Rex
    He is waiting to hear if United will re-integrate him after charges of attempted rape, assault and controlling and coercive behaviour were dropped last month.
    Greenwood qualifies for Jamaica via his mother’s side, and rules state he could be eligible to play for them in September.
    Jamaica Football Federation boss Dennis Chung said: “He is only 21 and so has a very bright future ahead of him and I think he will add value to any team he is on.”
    However Greenwood is keen to resurrect his England career after making his debut at 18 away to Iceland in 2020.
    READ MORE MAN UTD NEWS
    The next day he and team-mate Phil Foden were sent home after smuggling two women into the team hotel in breach of Covid rules.
    Greenwood has not played for his country since.
    A source said: “He is clinging to the hope of playing again at the highest level.
    “But Southgate places a great deal of importance on not only a player’s talent, but how the squad gels.”
    Most read in Football More

  • in

    Lionel Messi splashes out £175,000 on 35 gold iPhones for his World Cup-winning team and staff

    LIONEL Messi splashed out £175,000 on 35 gold iPhones for his World Cup-winning team and their staff.The Argentinian star commissioned the 24-carat devices for every member of the winning squad and had them delivered to his Parisian apartment on Saturday.
    Lionel Messi splashed out £175,000 on gold iPhones for Argentina’s World Cup-winning team and staffCredit: Reuters
    The 24-carat devices have the player’s names, numbers and the Argentinian logo engraved on them
    Each phone has the player’s name, number and the Argentinian logo engraved on it.
    Last night a source said: “Lionel wanted to do something special and blingy to celebrate his proudest moment.
    “He got in touch with entrepreneur Ben Lyons and they came up with the design together.
    Ben, CEO of iDesign Gold, said: “Lionel is not only the Goat but he’s one of IDESIGN GOLD’s most loyal customers and got in touch with us a couple of months after the World Cup final.”
    READ MORE ON LIONEL MESSI
    “He said he wanted a special gift for all the players and staff to celebrate the amazing win but didn’t want the usual gift of watches.
    “So, I suggested gold iPhones inscribed with their names and he loved the idea.”
    Argentina triumphed in Qatar last year — with Messi, 35, named Player of the Tournament.
    A source said: ‘Lionel wanted to do something special and blingy to celebrate his proudest moment’Credit: Getty More

  • in

    Jungle queen Jill Scott lined up to become first-ever female coach of a men’s side as she joins Man City

    JUNGLE queen Jill Scott is set to become a youth coach at Premier League champions Man City.The Lioness, who won I’m A Celeb in November, is being lined up to eventually work with the club’s men’s teams.
    Jill Scott is set to become a youth coach at Premier League champions Man CityCredit: Getty
    The Lioness, who won I’m A Celeb in November, will be the first-ever female to coach a pro male teamCredit: Rex
    No female has ever managed a pro male team but Jill, 36, who helped England’s women win Euro 2022 last summer before retiring, is taking her coaching badges.
    She could make millions through brand deals and has been flooded with TV offers.
    But although she is set to be a pundit at this summer’s women’s World Cup in Australia and New Zealand, Jill is determined to make her mark as a football coach.
    She has already reached Uefa B level and is now looking at her A licence, which would allow her to coach at a higher level.
    READ MORE ON Jill Scott
    And her first step in becoming a boss will be to coach some of the boys and girls at City’s academy.
    Jill, who made 111 appearances as a player for City’s women’s side, said she had been inspired by watching men’s manager Pep Guardiola at work.
    She said: “I went to a couple of his training sessions, which was great, and he came to watch some of ours.”
    Of the 12 teams in England’s Women’s Super League, only four have female managers.
    Most read in Football
    The star boss in the women’s game is Chelsea’s Emma Hayes, 46, who has been tipped to one day take charge of a men’s side.
    She was recently linked with the job at Championship side Queens Park Rangers but missed out.
    Man City are the current Premier League champions. Pictured Erling Haaland and Phil Foden More

  • in

    I’m Europe’s top scorer and I’ve scored more goals than Erling Haaland & Marcus Rashford combined this season

    A NON-league striker has netted more goals this season than Erling Haaland and Marcus Rashford combined.Player-coach Brett Pitman, 35, has 43 in just 34 games, making him the top scorer in Europe.
    Portchester ace Brett Pitman has 43 goals in just 34 games this seasonCredit: BNPS
    Erling Haaland has scored 27 nets for Manchester City in the Premier League this seasonCredit: Getty
    Marcus Rashford has bagged 14 goals for Manchester United so far this seasonCredit: EPA
    His tally for Hampshire side AFC Portchester dwarfs Haaland’s 27 in the Prem for Man City and Man United star Rashford’s 14 — and is almost double Chelsea’s entire total.
    Brett, who helped Bournemouth get to the Prem, said: “Compared to when I was playing in the top flights of football, it is pretty easy to score goals.”
    The ex-Bristol City star has five hat-tricks, one more than Haaland, firing his side to the top of the Wessex ­Premier League, England’s ninth tier.
    He has scored “headers, tap-ins, long rangers” but added: “I don’t want to get too carried away, Haaland is playing in the Premier League. I’m not.”
    READ MORE FOOTBALL NEWS
    He has bagged five hat-tricks – one more than £64m Haaland – and has scored twice as many goals as Chelsea this season.
    And if his stunning goals per game ratio of 1.25 continues his tally will reach 60 by the end of the season.
    Pitman, originally from Jersey, signed for the tiny village of Portchester – known for its medieval fortress – partly as a favour to a mate.
    Before making the leap from Bristol Rovers last season he had played for Portsmouth, Bournemouth and Ipswich Town.
    Most read in Football
    He said: “I’m playing for a great team at the moment and that really helps.
    “We have got good players all over the pitch and it’s not just me that has been scoring goals.
    “I expected to score a lot of goals when I moved to Portchester, I still feel pretty fit.
    “I’ve scored a variety of goals this season, headers, tap ins, long rangers.
    “I know what I’m good at now and I’ve got the experience to know where I should be on the pitch.” More