More stories

  • in

    Mike Tyson insider reveals strategy for Jake Paul fight after fresh health concerns arise for boxing legend

    MIKE TYSON’s strategy for his showdown with Jake Paul has sensationally been revealed by a camp insider.The former undisputed heavyweight champion will throw down with the YouTube sensation in a controversial crossover clash on Netflix next month.Mike Tyson is set to throw down with Jake Paul in a shock showdown next monthCredit: REXBoxing legend Tyson is a huge underdog going into the Texas tussleCredit: GETTYIron Mike plans to go hell for leather in the controversial crossover clashCredit: INSTAGRAM@MIKETYSONTyson is a huge underdog going into the Texas tussle due to the staggering 31-YEAR age difference between himself and The Problem Child.Iron Mike struck fear into the hearts of heavyweights around the world in the late ’80s and early ’90s with his ferocious style, which he plans to utilise against Paul.A member of Tyson’s team said in a recently released promo video: “We’re not looking to throw just one bomb. We want to throw missile after missile.”Tyson, who hasn’t fought since his Covid clash with Roy Jones Jr in 2020, has been hard at work in the gym trying to get his near-pensioner-aged body into fighting shape.READ MORE IN BOXINGAnd one of the boxing legend’s trainers has claimed Paul would be in a world of trouble if he were to step into the ring right now.He said: “If the fight were today, Jake Paul would be done.”He throws missiles, not just one bomb. The bombs, they come one after another.”Tyson, however, is feeling every bit his 58 years ahead of his ring return, recently admitting: “It’s hard to walk right now.Most read in BoxingBEST FREE BET SIGN UP OFFERS FOR UK BOOKMAKERS”But two months from now I’m going to be perfect. The fight is won in the gym.”Listen, I’ll do anything that will help me.Mike Tyson sends chilling warning that Jake Paul ‘has to go’ as he claims ‘I started his career, now I’ll finish him’ “I’m going to enjoy my time here tonight with all my childhood friends, and the hell with Jake Paul.”Tyson will be handsomely rewarded for his Dallas dust-up with Paul but insists his decision to return to the ring isn’t financially motivated.The New Yorker recently admitted: “I’m a glory junkie. I love people thinking about me all day.”I’d rather live a short life of glory than a long life of obscurity. It’s just who I am.“This is all I started fighting for – to get all this f***ing status.”I’m going to be chasing it for the rest of my life. I know that.”I’m never going to get what I want, because I’m one of those gluttons for pain. I can never get enough.” More

  • in

    ‘He’ll find out very quickly’ says Jake Paul as he issues fierce warning to Mike Tyson about big risk in Netflix fight

    JAKE PAUL has fiercely warned Mike Tyson about taking too many risks in their fight. Paul, 27, faces heavyweight great Tyson, 58, on November 15 in a clash that has attracted controversy over the age gap.Mike Tyson is due to fight Jake Paul on November 15Credit: EPAAnd he is expecting an early onslaught from the Baddest Man on The Planet – but is armed with the artillery to fire back. Paul told the Daily Mail: “I mean, it’s just being alert and knowing what to do in that situation.”I could definitely see him trying to [go for an early KO], but he’ll find out very quickly that I also have a ton of power. “So doing that with a guy like me isn’t always the smartest thing to do, because I’ll catch one of his shots then counter.” READ MORE IN BOXINGPaul is 10-1 in his boxing career with only a split-decision loss to Tommy Fury, 25, last year blemishing his record. Tyson meanwhile officially retired in 2005 after two dismal defeats and struggles in his personal life. But he did return in 2020 for an exhibition bout against fellow legend Roy Jones Jr. That was nothing more than a glorified spar – but his fight with Paul has been professionally sanctioned with records on the line. Most read in BoxingCASINO SPECIAL – BEST CASINO WELCOME OFFERSTyson was forced to pull out of the original July 20 fight after suffering an ulcer flare up in his stomach. But he has since been deemed medically fit to resume training. Mike Tyson sends chilling warning that Jake Paul ‘has to go’ as he claims ‘I started his career, now I’ll finish him’ As well as pre-fight drug testing for the both, Tyson will undergo additional heart and brain exams due to his age. Iron Mike also had his request for shorter two minute rounds with bigger 14oz gloves accepted – as well as being a pro fight not an exhibition. And Paul said ahead of the Netflix fight: “It’s interesting, I’m just, I’m just basing s*** off of facts.”He’s like, ‘Watch your shape, watch your shape’. I’m like, alright, but you watch it. “It could be to his advantage. I think it’s also smart that he’s doing that. I’m fighting on all of his rules and what he wanted. “He wanted it to be a pro fight. He wanted eight, two-minute rounds. So I’m giving him everything he wants. “I’m going to his playground, and I’m going to beat his ass.” More

  • in

    British boxing legends Nigel Benn, Frank Bruno, Lennox Lewis and Chris Eubank reunite at premiere for new documentary

    FOUR of Britain’s greatest-ever boxers join forces at the premiere of a new documentary about them.Fighting legends Nigel Benn, Frank Bruno, Lennox Lewis and Chris Eubank lined up alongside each other on the red carpet in central London this week for Four Kings.Brit boxing legends Nigel Benn, Frank Bruno, Lennox Lewis and Chris Eubank joined forces at the premiere of new documentary Four KingsCredit: GettyThe four-part documentary charts the rivalry between heavyweights Frank Bruno, above, and Lennox LewisCredit: Getty Images – GettyThe four-part documentary charts the rivalry between heavyweights Bruno, 62, and Lewis, 59.The pair fought for the world title in Cardiff in 1993, with Lewis coming out on top.Before the fight, Bruno questioned how British his opponent was.The series, out on Prime Video later this week, also tells of the thrilling middleweight bouts between Eubank, now 58, and Benn, 60.READ MORE ON BOXINGEubank won the first in 1990 with a ninth-round stoppage before a draw in the rematch three years later.It also focuses on their struggles outside the ring and how they paved the way for modern-day stars like Daniel Dubois and Anthony Joshua.Earlier in the week, The Sun revealed that Lennox Lewis wished he could have mentored Joshua. The pair have been at loggerheads for most of the 34-year-old’s pro career, with AJ insulted by some of Lennox’s educated criticisms and once labelling Lewis a “clown”.Most read in BoxingBack in May, Lennox also commented on the proposed fight between Jake Paul and Mike Tyson.Lewis said he was more concerned for Jake than 57-year-old Mike in the controversial fight for the ages.’I’ve never been more confident in Mike Tyson,’ say fans as Jake Paul releases bizarre bench press video Bruno and Lennox, pictured, fought for the world title in Cardiff in 1993, with Lewis coming out on topCredit: GettyThe doc also tells of the thrilling middleweight bouts between Chris Eubank, pictured, and Nigel BennCredit: News Group Newspapers LtdBenn in 1993Credit: Action Images More

  • in

    Jake Paul to wear ‘the most expensive fight shorts ever’ with ring attire for Mike Tyson bout costing $1MILLION

    JAKE PAUL is set to wear the world’s most expensive fight shorts against Mike Tyson – with the total outfit costing $1MILLION. Paul, 27, faces heavyweight great Tyson, 58, on November 15 in a clash that has attracted controversy over the age gap.Jake Paul is set to wear the world’s most expensive fight shorts against Mike TysonCredit: Complex The fight for the ages marks Netflix’s first move into live boxing with over 250m subscribers able to watch the bout. So Paul is leaving no expense spared when it comes to kitting himself out for the spectacle showdown. He told Complex: “For this Tyson fight, we’re making the most expensive fight shorts ever. “Got some crazy s*** planned. We’re trying to make a statement. We’re going for like $1million.” READ MORE IN BOXINGPaul and Tyson are set to share a huge $80m (£60m) down the middle for their fight. And for the YouTuber-turned-boxer it is just as well after he splashed over $64,000 (£47,000) on shoes while filming with Complex. But he treated his whole entire team to a pair of trainers as well as his Dutch speedskater girlfriend Jutta Leerdam. And he also bought baby shoes for brother Logan, who is expecting a daughter with model fiancee Nina Agdal. Most read in BoxingCASINO SPECIAL – BEST CASINO WELCOME OFFERSPaul – who turned professional in 2020 – is expected to take his boxing earnings to over $100m (£75m) by the time he shares the ring with Tyson.He said: “Not bad at all, man, I can’t believe it. I’ve already exceeded all my own expectations in life and boxing and everything.Jake Paul stuns himself with boxing earnings to rocket up to $100MILLION after Mike Tyson fight”So whatever happens next is just gravy and I’m just having fun with it and trying to inspire other kids because I’m literally from Ohio.”Middle of this town grew up with a blue collar family and didn’t know what any of this world is.”And so it really shows like if you want to do something, you just gotta go for it.”Jake Paul spent over £47,000 on shoesCredit: Complex More

  • in

    Georgina Rodriguez gives first glimpse of Netflix series in daring outfit as Cristiano Ronaldo’s Wag shows off bold look

    GEORGINA RODRIGUEZ has shown off a bold new look in the first glimpse of her Netflix series.The stunning model is dating football star Cristiano Ronaldo and features in her own TV programme called “I am Georgina”.Georgina Rodriguez has released a first look into her new Netflix seriesCredit: ErotemeShe stunned in a gold dress during the teaserCredit: ErotemeGeorgina, 30, starred in the first teaser trailer for the third season of the hit show.She could be seen wearing two daring outfits, with the first being a figure-hugging dress with a newspaper pattern.The second dress was a busty gold dress that left little to the imagination.She also showed off her bold new look as her hair is now dyed blonde.READ MORE ON SPORTGeorgina first showed off the new hair colour in a TikTok video of herself twerking to promote the series.Fans flocked to social media full of excitement for the new reality series.One posted: “My favourite trash TV is back.”A second wrote: “Can’t wait.”Most read in FootballA third commented: “So excited!”A fourth said: “The beautiful Georgina.”Cristiano Ronaldo hints he has secretly married Georgina Rodriguez in video on new YouTube channelGeorgina Rodriguez recently attended the Venice Film FestivalCredit: The Mega AgencyShe stunned in a very busty dressCredit: The Mega AgencyShe and Cristiano Ronaldo recently spent time in Saint TropezCredit: The Mega AgencyAnother added: “That dress is amazing.”The programme follows Georgina around her daily life.It shows how she juggles her life of being a mother and partner to Ronaldo.It also gives an insight into her running her own business.Georgina first met Ronaldo in 2016 when she was working at Gucci as a sales assistant.The pair share two children together in Alana and Bella. But they tragically lost a baby boy who passed away during childbirth.Georgina also cares for Ronaldo’s other three children — Cristiano Jr, Eva and Matteo.The couple recently packed on the PDA as they took a trip to the south of France.READ MORE SUN STORIESRonaldo could be seen squeezing Georgina’s bum while a naked couple also sailed by them.She then stole the show after attending the Venice Film Festival in Italy.Inside the glamorous world of Georgina Rodriguez…Georgina lives a life to be enviedCredit: InstagramThe stunning partner of Cristiano Ronaldo offers insights into her world using her social channelsCredit: instagram @georginagioShe has over 50 million followers on InstagramCredit: InstagramShe met Ronaldo whilst working as a shop girl at DiorCredit: The Mega AgencyShe is now the mother to his five children, two of which Georgina is the maternal motherCredit: EPAGeorgina now resides in Saudi Arabia follower her partner’s move to the countryCredit: Georgina Rodriguez/instagramGeorgina loves luxury holidays and can often be seen on mega yachtsCredit: Instagram @georginagioBoats are a big love of hersCredit: Refer to CaptionShe travels almost exclusively by private jetCredit: Georgina RodríguezThe Argentine beauty is a regularly at the Venice film festival where she can be seen turning headsCredit: GettyGeorgina is loved by fashion magazines for her sense of styleCredit: AlamyShe models for a range of companiesCredit: georginagio/InstagramRodríguez has modelled for PrettyLittleThing lingerieCredit: Instagram More

  • in

    Jake Paul vs Mike Tyson could end in calls for boxing to be BANNED as ‘things could go badly wrong’, ex-champion fears

    JAKE PAUL’S controversial fight with Mike Tyson could end in calls for boxing to be BANNED, ex-world champion Paulie Malignaggi fears. YouTuber-turned-boxer Paul faces heavyweight great Tyson on November 15 in a clash scrutinised over the massive age gap.Mike Tyson and Jake Paul ahead of their November 15 fightCredit: GettyAnd former welterweight champ Malignaggi is among those fearing the worst ahead of the Netflix fight. He told Canada Casino: “Head blows from young, strong guys at Mike’s age aren’t good. When you’re younger, you can handle hits better. “When you’re older, your body isn’t made for that kind of damage anymore. Things could go badly wrong.  “If something like that happened, people would be calling for the sport to be banned. Personally, I don’t think his fight with Jake Paul should happen. READ MORE IN BOXING”He’ll be 58 years old by then. 58 is still 58. We live in a generation that doesn’t understand ageing is a real thing. “You can show highlights of Mike from the 80s, but the guy stepping into the ring won’t be that same Mike Tyson.”Paul is 10-1 with only a 2023 points defeat to Tyson Fury’s brother Tommy, 25, blemishing his record. Tyson retired in 2005 off the back of two dismal defeats and years of trouble outside the ring. Most read in BoxingCASINO SPECIAL – BEST CASINO WELCOME OFFERSBut by 2020, he was reformed and returned for an exhibition bout with Roy Jones Jr – which was nothing more than a glorified sparring session. That will not be the case – so we’re told – this time around as he prepares to fight Paul in a professionally sanctioned bout.Jake Paul’s team hit back at Eddie Hearn after boxing promoter labels Mike Tyson fight ‘freak show’And Malignaggi added: “Jake Paul might not be world-class, but he’s certainly not a novice. He’s been boxing for about five years. “After four years of boxing, I won the US National Championships, so Jake’s far from a beginner. “He’s strong and young. Hitting someone Tyson’s age has serious risks. Tyson wasn’t taking punches well at 36, let alone now.”If you hit a guy who’s that old, it affects them. Imagine what getting hit by a strong guy like Jake would do to him. I wouldn’t want to find out.”Paul Malignaggi fears for TysonCredit: Getty More

  • in

    David Beckham admits ‘I wouldn’t say I hated it’ as he lifts lid on how he REALLY felt filming award-winning Netflix doc

    DAVID BECKHAM has revealed what made him and wife Victoria “worried” and “nervous” about making their tell-all Netflix series.The England and Manchester United legend admitted it was “very difficult” filming the award-winning, four-part documentary.David Beckham says making the hit four-part Netflix documentary was far from easy for him and wife VictoriaBecks, seen here on holiday with Victoria, discussed ‘difficult’ chapters in his life on the show, both as a footballer and a husbandCredit: InstagramThe show called”Beckham” covered tough and controversial moments from his 1992-2013 playing career and marriage dating back to 1999.The Inter Miami co-owner discussed his notorious red card against Argentina at the 1998 World Cup, as well as rumours of being unfaithful to Victoria.Now the 115-cap star, 49, has explained why he went ahead with the docu-series.The Hollywood Reporter quote Beckham as saying: “It was one of those things I knew if I was gonna make it, I was going make it once… it was really difficult.READ MORE TOP STORIES”It took me a long time to come to terms with the fact I was going to make it but there were a few reasons why we wanted to make it. “Through the pandemic, that’s when documentaries really exploded. “It was coming up to the 10-year anniversary of my retirement and I thought, ‘Maybe this is the right time’.”However, Beckham also confessed the uncomfortable side of opening up on camera to the world.Most read in FootballThe Man Utd and Real Madrid legend is now co-owner of MLS side Inter MiamiCredit: ReutersFOOTBALL FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALSHe said: “I can’t lie, it worried me, it made me nervous, it made Victoria nervous.”I wouldn’t say I hated it, I just would say it was very difficult.Emotional David Beckham looks close to tears at Sven-Goran Eriksson’s coffin is led out of church following funeral service in Sweden”We loved the results. But we were talking about things in my career that I’d never spoken about before.”Such frank talking helped make the series as popular with critics as with fans.That success peaked with an Emmy Award earlier this month in the Documentary or Nonfiction Series category. More

  • in

    ‘Proud’ David Beckham shares adorable school photos of daughter Harper and she looks unrecognisable

    DAVID BECKHAM proudly showed off some incredible throwback photos of daughter Harper as he flaunted his Emmy.The former Manchester United and England captain received the prestigious gong this week for his hit “Beckham” documentary on Netflix.David Beckham’s hit Netflix documentary recently won an EmmyCredit: ALAMYBecks showed off the prestigious gong on his InstagramCredit: INSTAGRAM@DAVIDBECKHAMThe 49-year-old posed with the award in front of some incredible throwbacks of his familyCredit: INSTAGRAM@DAVIDBECKHAMThe four-part show won the Emmy for the best Documentary or Nonfiction Series.David, 49, was over the moon at the doc’s scooping of the award after it received five nominations.Along with a series of snaps of the gold gong, he wrote on Instagram: “Safely back in Office.”Still can’t believe we won an EMMY.”READ MORE SPORTS NEWSA “proud” as punch Becks then shared a photo of himself posing with the award in front of framed pictures of his kids and wife Victoria to his Instagram story on Tuesday.And on display were some adorable school photos of Harper.The photos showed Harper throughout the years as she beamed in her annual school pictures.Harper, 13, was closer to a spitting image of her superstar dad when she was younger.Most read in FootballBut she’s started to look like her Spice Girl mum, Victoria, as she’s grown older.Just last week, fans of the Beckhams were blown away by Harper’s resemblance to her mum after she posted a snap of them on holiday to her Instagram.Incredible unseen footage from David and Victoria Beckham’s £1m weddingOne of Harper’s 163,000 followers wrote: “They look more like sisters than mother and daughter!”Another said: “She has Victoria’s face.”Harper looks unrecognisable to her old school photosCredit: Instagram @victoriabeckham More