More stories

  • in

    Watch Alexis Mac Allister’s brother and team-mates’ wild celebration on plane after drawing Liverpool in Europa League

    ALEXIS MAC ALLISTER’s brother was absolutely over the moon after learning of his imminent family reunion with the Liverpool star.Premier League big boys Liverpool eagerly awaited their fate for their Europa League campaign on Friday.
    Alexis Mac Allister and his Liverpool team-mates learned their Europa League fate on FridayCredit: Alamy
    Mac Alister will twice face brother Kevin when the Reds face Union Saint-GilloiseCredit: Rex
    Union SG were buzzing to have drawn the RedsCredit: TWITTER@UNIONSTGILLOISE
    Kevin had a message for his younger brother after learning of the drawCredit: TWITTER@UNIONSTGILLOISE
    The five-time Champions League winners were drawn into Group F of Europe’s secondary club competition, which pitted them against Union Saint-Gilloise, Toulouse and LASK.
    The matches with Union SG will be of major significance to Reds newboy Mac Allister, whose brother Kevin plays for the Belgian side.
    Union’s stars learned of their group while on board an aeroplane, with the moment being captured by the social media team.
    And they burst into cheers of joy after learning they would face the Kop club.
    READ MORE IN FOOTBALL
    Kevin grinned like a Cheshire cat as he processed two games against his younger brother later this year.
    And he was quick to send a message to his £45million sibling.
    He said with a wry smile on his face: “See you soon, bro.”
    A buzzing Kevin then took to Twitter to send a message to Liverpool’s No.10
    Most read in Football
    CASINO SPECIAL – BEST CASINO WELCOME OFFERS
    The Argentine tweeted: “I told you yesterday!!
    “Beyond the result, the experience of facing each other in one of the most beautiful soccer venues will be very special and will last a lifetime.
    “See you soon bro @alemacallister.”
    Alexis joined Liverpool from Brighton in the summer in a deal which could rise to £55m.
    But the 24-year-old’s career on Merseyside got off to the worst possible start as he was SENT OFF for a dangerous challenge in Liverpool’s first home game of the season against Bournemouth.
    But the dismissal was overturned upon appeal and he’s gone on to make three appearances for the Merseysiders so far this campaign.
    Alexis and his Liverpool team-mates will be back in action on Sunday, welcoming Aston Villa to Anfield. More

  • in

    Mohamed Salah accused of ‘flirting’ with Saudi Arabia by Graeme Souness who makes bold prediction on £200m transfer

    MOHAMED SALAH has been accused of “flirting” with Saudi Arabia by Graeme Souness.The Liverpool legend has also made a bold prediction about the Egyptian winger’s future.
    Mohamed Salah has been ‘accused’ of flirting with Saudi ArabiaCredit: PA
    Graeme Souness has predicted Salah will leave LiverpoolCredit: Getty
    Salah is the subject of strong interest from Saudi champions Al-Ittihad, who have already bid £170million.
    Reports also claim that they could even bid as much as £200million to land the 31-year-old.
    Although Salah is said to have told Liverpool he wants the move, he currently remains at Anfield.
    However, Souness has now accused Salah of “flirting” with Al-Ittihad and admits the player wants the move.
    READ MORE TRANSFERS
    “Make no mistake, Salah is flirting with the Saudis,” Souness wrote in his Daily Mail column.
    “Neither he nor one of his representatives has come out and categorically said, ‘We do not want to go to Saudi Arabia at this time’.
    “If he wanted to stay, someone could have issued a statement to that effect.
    “He is toying with the idea, at the very least, and I think, deep down, he will feel he should go.”
    Most read in Football
    FREE BETS – BEST BETTING OFFERS AND BONUSES NEW CUSTOMERS
    Salah has less than two years remaining on his Liverpool deal and will be 33 by the time it expires in 2025.
    His future is far from resolved, either, with the Saudi transfer window not closing until Thursday.
    For now, though, he remains a Liverpool player and could be involved against Aston Villa on Sunday.
    Jurgen Klopp will be hoping Salah can add to his goal and two assists from the first three matches this season. More

  • in

    Jamie Carragher accused by Gary Neville of ‘changing mind’ on Mo Salah transfer as he reveals what Liverpool should do

    JAMIE CARRAGHER has been accused of “changing his mind” over the transfer of Mohamed Salah by Gary Neville. Saudi Arabian outfit Al-Ittihad launched a £150million bid on deadline day to try and capture the Egyptian, but it was rejected by Liverpool.
    Mohamed Salah has been the subject of mega money bids from Saudi Arabian club Al-IttihadCredit: EPA
    Jamie Carragher has said what he thinks Liverpool should do about Salah’s transfer dilemmaCredit: Rex
    Gary Neville has accused Carragher of changing his mindCredit: Reuters
    It has also been reported that Al-Ittihad have since tabled a second bid worth £170million and they are willing to go as high as £200million to get a deal over the line.
    If a bid of £200million were to be accepted it would become a new world-record transfer fee, eclipsing the £198million spent on Neymar by PSG back in 2017.
    Liverpool legend Carragher has offered up his opinion on what he thinks his former club should do, but his mate and fellow pundit Neville has claimed that he’s changed his mind on the matter.
    Carragher previously stated that he thought Liverpool should have accepted the £150million offer for Salah, but he has since said they should hold out for the £200millon that could be available.
    READ MORE FOOTBALL NEWS
    Speaking on Sky Sports he said: “I want more money. I actually think, when you look at what [Harry] Kane went for, Mo Salah has got two years to go [on his contract].

    “For Liverpool to sell right now they are going to want more than what he’s worth.”
    He went on to say: “For any player, if that number just keeps going up and up and up, you can’t turn that down and that’s £200million.
    Most read in Football
    “I don’t think it will [happen] because it’s come so late. If it had come six weeks ago it was a toss of a coin. If that number gets too big you may have to get to January”
    FREE BETS – BEST BETTING OFFERS AND BONUSES NEW CUSTOMERS
    The Premier League transfer window has now closed, but a deal could still be completed with the Saudi Arabian window open until September 7.
    A potential exit for Salah would now mean that The Reds couldn’t get in a replacement until at least January, which would make a deal even more difficult to negotiate.
    Jurgen Klopp is hoping to keep hold of Salah this seasonCredit: PA
    Jurgen Klopp is also said to be keen on keeping hold of his star man who has helped him win the Premier League, Champions League, FA Cup and League Cup during his time on Merseyside.
    But a big name move to Saudi Arabia wouldn’t be a surprise with huge stars from all over Europe already making the move to the Saudi Pro League this summer.
    Neymar, Ngolo Kante, Karim Benzema, Riyad Mahrez and Roberto Firmino are just a few who have made the switch to the Middle East. More

  • in

    Gary Neville says Darwin Nunez would ‘frighten me’ if he was still playing after Liverpool ace’s incredible cameo

    MANCHESTER UNITED legend Gary Neville admits he would be “frighten to death” with the prospect of facing Liverpool star Darwin Nunez.Nunez put together a man-of-the-match performance at Newcastle on Sunday after coming off the bench as his late brace led to a dramatic comeback for the Reds who won 2-1.
    Manchester United legend Gary Neville would be afraid to face Liverpool star Darwin NunezCredit: twitter @SkySportsPL
    Liverpool star Nunez scored a stunning brace at Newcastle in a brilliant cameoCredit: Rex
    Neville was very impressed with the striker’s “brilliant” performance and insists the record £85million fee the Merseysiders payed Benfica for the Uruguay international last year is already paying off.
    The former ex-England international insists there are some “frantic” elements to his game the 24-year-old still needs to improve.
    But the former full-back is adamant he would be “frightened” to face Nunez at his best back in his playing days, and would much rather take on Cody Gakpo and Diogo Jota at the same time.
    Neville told Sky Sports: “They were brilliant finishes and if ever a player needed it, it was him.
    Read More on Football
    “We talked about [Nicolas] Jackson at Chelsea on Friday night needing a goal for Chelsea. But this lad [Nunez] has been signed for huge money – a different level of expectation because of the money that he’s been signed for.
    “Me and Jamie Carragher [had a] conversation on Monday Night Football last season about whether this guy would come good and we both actually felt that he would.
    “Because of some of the similar things that you see with Jackson – he runs the channels, he’s a massive handful, you’d hate to play against him.
    “But he can be a little scruffy, he just doesn’t look like he can compose himself. He has that frantic element to him that you almost feel like his mind is really quick and that’s not a good think for a striker.
    Most read in Football
    BETTING SPECIAL – BEST NO DEPOSIT CASINO OFFERS
    “But today he set himself, he composed himself and he had one chance before he scored the two goals.
    “When you get paid £75m, £80m, £90m, whatever it’s gonna be, are you gonna score goals in the big moments for your team? That was a huge, huge moment for Liverpool.
    “Because if he can come good, I’d rather play against Gakpo, I’d rather play against Jota – they’re both very good players. But I’d rather play against both of them than Darwin Nunez.
    “He would frighten me to death running off my shoulder. The speed of him, the way in which he always moves. But then if you can’t finish, you don’t have that punch to knock your opponents out.
    “If he has the punch like he has today, he becomes a really interesting players for Liverpool.” More

  • in

    Man Utd could offer Scott McTominay in stunning loan transfer swap for Ryan Gravenberch

    MANCHESTER UNITED are interested in a loan move for Ryan Gravenberch, according to reports.And United academy product Scott McTominay could head the other way in a sensational loan swap – according to Bild’s Christian Falk.
    Ryan Gravenberch is a target of rivals Liverpool and Manchester UnitedCredit: Getty
    Scott McTominay is set for the exit door at Old TraffordCredit: Getty
    Gravenberch, 21, looks set to leave Bayern after falling down the pecking order at the club.
    The midfielder was usually called upon from the bench by manager Thomas Tuchel last season, and that continued today during Bayern’s 3-1 win over Augsburg.
    Gravenberch came on in the 81st minute of a game that saw Bayern new boy Harry Kane continue his excellent start in Bavaria by scoring two goals.
    After the match however, he poured doubt over his future in a Bayern shirt, saying: “I don‘t know what will happen in the next days,” when asked about his future by Bild.
    READ MORE ON MAN UTD
    Gravenberch is also attracting interest from Liverpool with the Merseyside club keen to reinforce their midfield options.
    While Liverpool have already utilised the Bundesliga to reinforce their midfield with the signing of Stuttgart midfielder Wataru Endo, they are understood to still be interested in bolstering their midfield.
    Reports this month suggested that Liverpool sent two officials to Munich to lay the groundwork on a potential deal for the young Dutchman.
    United meanwhile have been tracking Gravenberch for the majority of this transfer window in order to add some much needed balance to a midfield of Bruno Fernandes, Casemiro and Mason Mount that has thus far failed to click.
    Most read in Football
    It’s understood that the Red Devils are weighting up their options between the Dutchman and Fiorentina captain Sofyan Amrabat.
    BETTING SPECIAL – BEST SPORTS BETTING APPS IN THE UK
    Amrabat was left out of Fiorentina’s squad against Lecce this weekend but the Italian club’s sporting director last week said so far no bid has been received from United.
    It is understood that Mason Greenwood’s exit from the club has seen a change in transfer policy at United – with Ten Hag favouring signing a new forward over signing a midfielder now that it is clear Greenwood will not be reintegrated into the squad.
    Gravenberch is reportedly desperate to leave Bayern as he looks to secure a starting place in Holland’s midfield at Euro 2024.
    Bayern will ask for around £22million to secure his signature. More

  • in

    Liverpool ‘targeting shock swoop for Chelsea flop to replace Mo Salah should superstar complete Al-Ittihad transfer’

    LIVERPOOL are targeting a move for former Chelsea star Joao Felix.The Portugal international is being eyed as a potential replacement for Mohamed Salah if he leaves Anfield.
    Jurgen Klopp is eyeing a swoop for Joao FelixCredit: Reuters
    Mohamed Salah could leave Liverpool to join Al-IttihadCredit: Alamy
    Salah is a target for Saudi champions Al-Ittihad, who have offered the Egyptian a five-year deal worth £100million-per-season.
    The 31-year-old has reportedly told Liverpool he wants the move and the Reds are now lining up a replacement.
    According to A Bola, Felix is a possible target and could be available for £60million.
    However, Liverpool would face competition to sign him from Benfica, Barcelona and Al-Hilal, the report adds.
    READ MORE IN FOOTBALL
    Felix spent the second half of last season on loan at Chelsea, scoring four goals in 16 Premier League appearances.
    He has struggled for opportunities since returning to Atletico Madrid.
    The forward has yet to play this season and was left out of the squad for last weekend’s clash with Real Betis.
    Salah has remained in the Liverpool team despite his links with an exit, though.
    Most read in Football
    BETTING SPECIAL – BEST NO DEPOSIT CASINO OFFERS
    He played a key role in Sunday’s win against Newcastle, setting up Darwin Nunez’s stoppage time winner at St. James’ Park.
    Jurgen Klopp’s side came from a goal down to win after having Virgil van Dijk sent off in the first half.
    As well as targeting a replacement for Salah, Klopp is also understood to want another midfielder.
    Bayern Munich’s Ryan Gravenberch and Crystal Palace star Cheick Doucoure have both been touted as potential arrivals before the window closes.
    Joao Felix scored four league goals for Chelsea last seasonCredit: Getty More

  • in

    Man Utd could offer outcast in stunning loan transfer swap for Ryan Gravenberch with Liverpool also hunting Bayern ace

    MANCHESTER UNITED are interested in a loan move for Ryan Gravenberch, according to reports.And United academy product Scott McTominay could head the other way in a loan swap – according to Bild’s Christian Falk.
    Ryan Gravenberch is a target of rivals Liverpool and Manchester UnitedCredit: Getty
    Gravenberch, 21, looks set to leave Bayern after falling down the pecking order at the club.
    The midfielder was usually called upon from the bench by manager Thomas Tuchel last season, and that continued today during Bayern’s 3-1 win over Augsburg.
    Gravenberch came on in the 81st minute of a game that saw Bayern new boy Harry Kane continue his excellent start in Bavaria by scoring two goals.
    After the match however, he poured doubt over his future in a Bayern shirt, saying: “I don‘t know what will happen in the next days,” when asked about his future by Bild.
    READ MORE ON MAN UTD
    Gravenberch is also attracting interest from Liverpool with the Merseyside club keen to reinforce their midfield options.
    While Liverpool have already utilised the Bundesliga to reinforce their midfield with the signing of Stuttgart midfielder Wataru Endo, they are understood to still be interested in bolstering their midfield.
    Reports this month suggested that Liverpool sent two officials to Munich to lay the groundwork on a potential deal for the young Dutchman.
    United meanwhile have been tracking Gravenberch for the majority of this transfer window in order to add some much needed balance to a midfield of Bruno Fernandes, Casemiro and Mason Mount that has thus far failed to click.
    Most read in Football
    It’s understood that the Red Devils are weighting up their options between the Dutchman and Fiorentina captain Sofyan Amrabat.
    BETTING SPECIAL – BEST SPORTS BETTING APPS IN THE UK
    Amrabat was left out of Fiorentina’s squad against Lecce this weekend but the Italian club’s sporting director last week said so far no bid has been received from United.
    It is understood that Mason Greenwood’s exit from the club has seen a change in transfer policy at United – with Ten Hag favouring signing a new forward over signing a midfielder now that it is clear Greenwood will not be reintegrated into the squad.
    Gravenberch is reportedly desperate to leave Bayern as he looks to secure a starting place in Holland’s midfield at Euro 2024.
    Bayern will ask for around £22million to secure his signature.
    Scott McTominay is set for the exit door at Old TraffordCredit: Getty More

  • in

    Mo Salah ‘tells Liverpool he wants Al-Ittihad transfer’ as deadline for Reds to accept £79million bid is revealed

    MOHAMED SALAH has informed Liverpool that he wants to join Al-Ittihad, according to reports.The winger received a huge David Beckham-like offer to join the Saudi Pro League side earlier this week.
    Salah has told Liverpool he wants to join Al-IttihadCredit: PA
    Al-Ittihad tabled a five-year deal worth around £100million-a-season along with a private jet or unlimited plane tickets for his family and the chance to become an an ambassador for tourism and investments in Saudi Arabia.
    There have also been discussions surrounding the possibility of Salah acquiring shares of a team in future – similar to the terms that saw Beckham move to the MLS in 2007.
    The offer appears to have tempted Salah into joining the Saudi Pro League side as transfer journalist Rudi Galetti claims the 31-year-old winger has informed Liverpool he wants to leave.
    However, the final decision will be down to club officials and Jurgen Klopp.
    READ MORE IN FOOTBALL
    The Reds are said to have an offer of more than £79m for their star player and the deadline for the deal is thought to be TOMORROW.
    Salah has scored 187 goals and provided 80 assists for Liverpool since joining the club in 2017.

    He also helped the club to a Champions League title and a Premier League title in 2019 and 2020 respectively.
    Should they decide to sell him, Liverpool will have just a matter of days to recruit a replacement before the transfer window closes.
    Most read in Football
    CASINO SPECIAL – BEST ONLINE CASINOS FOR 2023
    The Reds have already introduced three new additions this summer.
    Alexis Mac Allister became the first to join in June after completing a £55m transfer from Brighton.
    Dominink Szoboszlai then followed in a £60m move from RB Leipzig.
    And Japan international Wataru Endo became the most recent addition to Klopp’s squad last week when he completed a £19m move to Anfield. More