More stories

  • in

    Mo Salah ‘wants £450,000-a-week to sign new Liverpool contract as Real Madrid circle over transfer for in-form striker’

    MOHAMED SALAH is reportedly demanding a £450,000-a-week contract as Liverpool look to tie him down to a new deal.The Reds are believed to have entered negotiations with the Real Madrid target, 29, in August to make him the highest-paid player in their history.
    Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah has banged in 15 goals in 12 games this seasonCredit: AFP
    Salah, who is tied down at Anfield until 2023, is understood to be currently earning around £200k-a-week.
    His agent Ramy Abbas Issa is claimed to have flown into England last week to hold talks with Liverpool about extending his stay.
    And according to journalist Ekrem Konur, Salah is looking to pocket £450k-per-week in order to remain a Liverpool player.
    He states that the Egypt international is very happy in Merseyside, but wants a pay rise to reflect his importance in the team.
    But Liverpool aren’t willing to offer him that much and are negotiating a lower wage salary.
    Konur also declared that Los Blancos are keeping close tabs on the forward as they eye up a possible swoop.
    The LaLiga giants will allegedly make an offer to sign Salah if the Chelsea flop and Liverpool cannot agree terms on a new contract.

    FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN NEW CUSTOMER DEALS
    Salah has been in stupendous form this season having banged in 15 goals in 12 games in all competitions.
    He is the fourth favourite to win the Ballon d’Or behind Lionel Messi, Robert Lewandowski and Jorginho following his hat-trick against Manchester United.
    Speaking prior to the 5-0 win at Old Trafford on Sunday, Salah insisted that he would love to spend the entirety of his playing career for the Reds.
    He told Sky Sports: “If you ask me, I would love to stay until the last day of my football career, but I can’t say much about that – it’s not in my hands.
    “It depends on what the club want, not on me.
    Egypt international Salah banged in a superb hat-trick in the 5-0 win against Manchester United on SundayCredit: PA
    “At the moment I can’t see myself ever playing against Liverpool. That would make me sad.
    “It’s hard, I don’t want to talk about it, but it would make me really sad.
    “At the moment I don’t see myself playing against Liverpool but let’s see what will happen in the future.”
    Watch Jamie Carragher’s brilliant reaction to Mo Salah’s hat-trick goal against Man Utd in Sky Sports commentary box More

  • in

    Raphinha urged to make Liverpool transfer ahead of Man Utd by Rivaldo who says Leeds star destined for ‘bigger club’

    BRAZILIAN legend Rivaldo believes compatriot Raphinha has the ability to play for a ‘bigger club’ than Leeds.The 24-year-old arrived at Elland Road from Rennes last year for a fee in the region of £17million.
    Raphinha was superb for Leeds during his first season at the clubCredit: PA
    Rivaldo believes Raphinha can move to a bigger club than LeedsCredit: Getty
    And he was superb during his first campaign under Marcelo Bielsa, netting eight times and assisting 11 in 38 appearances.
    He has already scored three goals in seven Premier League games this season, picking up where he left off before the summer despite Leeds’ dip in form.
    The playmaker also netted his first international goals for Brazil earlier this month, scoring twice against Uruguay in a 4-1 victory.
    But Rivaldo, who played for some of the biggest clubs in the world such as Barcelona and AC Milan, feels Raphinha should now be looking towards bigger and better things at club level.
    Speaking to Betfair, he said: “Raphinha performed well on his debut for Brazil, but he was already shining in the Premier League with Leeds United and there are rumours of interest from Liverpool.
    “If he were to make the move, he may not be a regular starter, but I’m sure it would be a big step in his career since it would allow him to compete for titles and play in the Champions League, which could be crucial for more call ups into the Brazilian national team.

    “He has the quality to player for a bigger club.
    “He is playing excellent football and a player always wants more and stronger challenges, so he would benefit from a transfer.”
    Leeds have struggled for results at the start of their 2021-22 campaign, winning just one of their first eight Prem games.
    FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN NEW CUSTOMER DEALS
    Bielsa’s men currently sit 17th in the table ahead of their home match against Wolves on Saturday.
    If Raphinha is to leave imminently, Leeds have been linked with Chelsea man Ross Barkley as a potential replacement.
    The former Everton midfielder has also reportedly attracted interest from Newcastle and Burnley. More

  • in

    Arsenal joined by Liverpool in Noa Lang transfer race with 22-year-old Club Brugge winger also eyed by Leeds

    LIVERPOOL are reportedly battling Arsenal in the race to prise Dutch winger Noa Lang away from Club Brugge.The 22-year-old has been heavily linked with a move away from the Belgian outfit in January following his stunning start to the season.
    Club Brugge winger Noa Lang is a reported target for Arsenal and LiverpoolCredit: AFP
    After top scoring for Brugge last campaign with 17 goals to help the club win the league, he has already chipped in with four strikes and five assists in 14 games this term.
    And his dazzling displays saw him called up to the Holland squad for the first time during the recent international break where he featured against Latvia and Gibraltar.
    It has been stated that Arsenal are ready to turn their interest in Lang into a formal bid in the New Year.
    But according to Calciomercato, Lang – who is also being eyed by Leeds – is now wanted by Jurgen Klopp.
    The Italian news outlet claims that the Reds are at the front of the pack along with the Gunners to secure his services.
    Meanwhile it is understood that AC Milan are desperate to bring the exciting youngster to Serie A.

    FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN NEW CUSTOMER DEALS

    Milan chiefs Paolo Maldini and Frederic Massara are alleged to have met Lang’s representatives during the October international break.
    It is believed that Brugge would be willing to part ways with the player should they receive a fee in the region of £21million.
    Following Lang’s impressive performances for Holland, Brugge boss Philippe Clement conceded that he may be sold in the winter transfer window.

    He said: “I am realistic when it comes to these things.
    “If an impossible to refuse offer comes in for him, we won’t be able to stop him in January.
    “I’d rather he finishes the season, takes a title and is important, but we’ll see what happens in January.”
    Club Brugge star Noa Lang enjoys his first training session with the club More

  • in

    Man Utd joined by Liverpool in Ousmane Dembele transfer race with Jurgen Klopp hoping to snatch Barcelona star on free

    LIVERPOOL are considering a transfer move for Barcelona star Ousmane Dembele, according to reports.Dembele, 24, has interested the Reds for some time and could be signed to provide competition for the likes of Sadio Mane and Diogo Jota.
    Ousmane Dembele is wanted by several clubs across Europe
    The Frenchman signed for Barca in 2017 for a fee of £138million but his contract expires at the end of the season.
    That means he is affordable, and though Barcelona want to keep him they are requesting he accepts a reduction in his £200k a week wages.
    Dembele has the ball in his court as a result, with Liverpool one of several teams eyeing a free transfer, report TEAMtalk.
    Manchester United have been long-term admirers of the winger.
    Chelsea and Manchester City are reportedly chasing Dembele too, as are Newcastle now they have more spending power.
    Elsewhere in Europe Juventus and Bayern Munich could also try and tempt him away from the Nou Camp.

    FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN NEW CUSTOMER DEALS

    Liverpool are determined to land a new wide forward however, having previously targeted West Ham star Jarrod Bowen.
    Watford’s Ismaila Sarr is another player who has interested them in the past and would represent a much cheaper option than Dembele.
    Klopp is said to be a fan of the former Borussia Dortmund ace and there could be a transfer battle on the cards next summer. More

  • in

    Seven transfers we could see in January as Arsenal move for Calvert-Lewin and Watkins and van de Beek in Man Utd exit

    THERE is less than three months until the transfer window swings wide open again and clubs try and find some New Year deals.The likes of Luis Suarez, Bruno Fernandes and Pierre-Emerick Aubemayang arrived in the Premier League during previous winter windows
    Everton may have to listen to offers for Dominic Calvert-Lewin this JanuaryCredit: Reuters
    And there is already plenty of speculation surrounding who will be going where in the first few weeks of 2022.
    So SunSport rounds up some of the biggest transfers that could get over the line in January…
    Ollie Watkins or Dominic Calvert-Lewin to Arsenal
    The Gunners need a new striker with Alexandre Lacazette’s contract expiring at the end of the season.
    And as revealed by SunSport, they are eyeing two of the Premier League and England’s hottest young strikers to lead the line long-term.
    Ollie Watkins is being eyed by Arsenal as their new No9Credit: Getty
    Donny van de Beek to Everton
    He wanted out of Old Trafford in the summer but Ole Gunnar Solskjaer blocked a last-minute loan to the Toffees.
    But now clearer than ever he is not in the plans, Van de Beek could be allowed to make the switch in January – or may return to boyhood club Ajax.
    Donny van de Beek is desperate to end his Manchester United nightmareCredit: Reuters
    Raheem Sterling to Barcelona
    The England winger continues to struggle for game time under Pep Guardiola this term and Barcelona could be set to pounce.
    Apparently, the Catalan giants have the funds, despite their financial mess, to stump up £60million for Sterling.
    Raheem Sterling’s season is yet to really get going, especially with Jack Grealish’s arrivalCredit: Getty
    Christopher Nkunku to Chelsea
    The RB Leipzig midfielder, who scored a hat-trick against Manchester City in September, worked under Thomas Tuchel at PSG and could be reunited with the German.
    The 23-year-old’s agent, Pini Zahavi, has confirmed he is in talks with Chelsea, Man City and Real Madrid over a 2022 switch – but the Blues may swoop and get a deal done early.
    Monaco midfielder Aurelien Tchouameni is also a target but Chelsea face competition from Juventus for his signature.
    Christopher Nkunku has been in fine form for RB Leipzig this termCredit: Reuters
    Paul Pogba to PSG
    The ongoing saga surrounding Pogba continues with his current Manchester United contract expiring next summer.
    The Red Devils want him to make a decision on his future by Christmas but failure to do so could see the club sell him on the cheap in January rather than lose him for free with PSG ahead of Real Madrid and Juventus in the race.
    Could Manchester United fans see the back of Paul Pogba come January?Credit: EPA
    Pau Torres to Man City
    That’s right – Manchester City are being linked with yet another centre-back with the Etihad club ‘well positioned’ to land the Villarreal ace.
    United and Tottenham have wanted him in the past but Pep Guardiola likes his compatriot and wants him as further competition for Ruben Dias, Aymeric Laporte, John Stones and Nathan Ake.
    Pau Torres has a host of top clubs chasing his signature with Manchester City thought to be winning the raceCredit: Reuters
    Allan Saint-Maximin to Liverpool
    Newcastle’s exciting winger certainly catches the eye with his dazzling runs and trickery – and it has not gone unnoticed at Anfield or Stamford Bridge.
    Liverpool looks the likeliest destination but it would surely take a mammoth bid to convince Mike Ashley to sell one of his best players amid a relegation dogfight.
    Allan Saint-Maximin has been a rare sharing light in a grim season for NewcastleCredit: Getty
    Everton’s Dominic Calvert-Lewin shows what he is made of on the training pitch More

  • in

    Liverpool chasing Bayer Leverkusen and France winger Moussa Diaby, 22, with Adama Traore set to sign new Wolves contract

    LIVERPOOL are reportedly tracking Moussa Diaby after transfer target Adama Traore gave Wolves the green light in new contract talks.The ex-Barcelona winger is nearing a renewal of vows with the Molineux club, after entering the penultimate year of his existing deal.
    Moussa Diaby has been a star of Bayer Leverkusen’s strong startCredit: Reuters
    According to the Mail, Traore will earn £100,000-a-week on his new terms.
    That will put the 25-year-old on equal footing with top-earners Raul Jimenez and Joao Moutinho, with talks revealed by SunSport last month.
    Tracking him during the summer were Liverpool and Tottenham, with the Reds still said to be after a new winger.
    Their attention has reportedly turned to Bayer Leverkusen winger Diaby after a fine spell of form in the Bundesliga.
    As reported by CalcioMercato, via the Express, the 22-year-old is interesting Liverpool as well as Paris Saint-Germain.
    PSG let Diaby join Leverkusen in 2019 and he has already hit three goals this season.

    BETTING SPECIAL – GET £50 IN FREE BETS WITH WILLIAM HILL
    France boss Didier Deschamps awarded him a first national cap in September and the player has opened the door to a Ligue 1 return.
    He recently told L’Equipe: “I left PSG because I needed playing time.
    “The challenge for a young player is to be able to express himself, which is what I’ve managed to do.
    “I have no regrets [about leaving]. I am PSG’s biggest fan. I tell myself that I had to leave to come back stronger.
    “Why not come back to PSG one day with a different status? One of my objectives is to a club of that kind with that status, one day.”

    FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN NEW CUSTOMER DEALS

    Adama Traore shows off skills in training More

  • in

    Arsenal joined by Liverpool in Marco Asensio transfer race after Real Madrid star’s hat-trick against Mallorca

    PREMIER LEAGUE giants Liverpool are interested in signing Real Madrid star Marco Asensio, according to reports.The winger, 25, is struggling for minutes under Real boss Carlo Ancelotti and it’s believed he may be available in the near future.
    Arsenal and Liverpool are reportedly keen on AsensioCredit: Getty
    According to Spanish outlet Fichajes.Net, Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp wants to rebuild his team and believes Asensio could be the perfect signing.
    The Spaniard hasn’t been an automatic pick under Ancelotti this term but scored a hat-trick in their 6-1 win against Mallorca on Wednesday.
    Rumours suggest the international will hold talks with his gaffer over his future and could be allowed to leave the Bernabeu if they turn sour.
    Ancelotti has plenty of attacking options to choose from, including Gareth Bale, Eden Hazard, Karim Benzema and Vinicius Junior.
    Real are also hoping to sign Paris Saint-Germain star Kylian Mbappe on a free transfer next summer, further restricting Asensio’s playing time.
    Reports in August claimed Arsenal were leading the race for Asensio’s signature but Liverpool can offer the player Champions League football.

    FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN NEW CUSTOMER DEALS

    But the Gunners do appear to have a good relationship with Real following the signings of Dani Ceballos and Martin Odegaard.
    Asensio has played 134 LaLiga games for Real since his making his debut in 2016, winning two Spanish titles and two Champions Leagues.
    At international level, he’s picked up 25 senior caps to date and helped Spain win a Silver medal at the Toyko Olympics in the summer.
    Premier League clubs Leeds, Leicester and Everton have also been linked with the Real ace in recent months.
    AC Milan and Serie A rivals are also reportedly interested in the player as they continue to rebuild their squads in pursuit of European glory.
    ⚽ Read our Arsenal live blog for the latest news and transfer gossip from The Emirates
    Mikel Arteta reacts to Arsenal’s 3-0 Carabao Cup win over AFC Wimbledon More

  • in

    Ex-Liverpool and Leeds star Harry Kewell sacked by Barnet after just SEVEN games in charge of National League side

    HARRY KEWELL has been sacked by Barnet after just seven games in charge of the National League outfit.Kewell failed to win any of his matches with the Bees, who have lost five times so far in the fifth division this season.
    Harry Kewell was sacked by Barnet after a disastrous start in the seasonCredit: Rex
    The Edgware outfit is second from bottom on the table with Dover, who started the campaign with a 12-point deduction, the only team below them.
    Barnet’s head of football Dean Brennan confirmed the decision to dismiss the former Liverpool and Leeds star was taken because of the team’s poor start.
    Brennan said: “It was clear how much Harry Kewell wanted to have a positive impact, but ultimately the results and the poor start to the season have dictated our decision.
    “The plan for this season was for Barnet FC to be challenging in the top half of the table and that is still very much our aim.”
    Kewell’s assistant Paul Butler is also departing from Barnet with Brennan taking over on a temporary basis.
    That means he will become the sixth person to be in charge of the club this year.

    FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN NEW CUSTOMER DEALS

    Tim Flowers started 2021 in the dugout but left in March, with Paul Fairclough and Gary Anderson each having spells as caretaker boss.
    Simon Bassey then took over as interim manager in April until the end of last term.
    Kewell was appointed as head coach in June and said he would put ‘the club back on the right path’.
    Barnet were the fourth team he coached after spells at Crawley, Notts County and Oldham. More