More stories

  • in

    Ex-Newcastle chief behind one of biggest flop transfers faces jail after High Court Judge issues warrant for his arrest

    FORMER Newcastle vice-president Tony Jimenez faces jail over a debt to Mike Ashley after a High Court Judge issued a warrant for his arrest.Jimenez, 62, worked alongside Ashley at St James Park before a spectacular 2008 fall-out over a proposed investment in a golf course in France.Tony Jimenez’s claims over Ashley were called ‘complete fantasy’Credit: AlamyThe former Charlton co-owner was ordered to pay Ashley £3m in 2019 but has yet to pay a penalty – with interest charges and legal bills now taking the money owed to just short of £6m.Jimenez’s claim that Ashley had agreed to pay him £10m was dismissed as “complete fantasy” by the Court with the document put forward on his behalf ruled as a “forgery”.Despite being committed to a 60-day sentence in Wandsworth Prison in 2021, Jimenez – understood to be living in Spain – has refused to surrender to the order.He also claimed – and had medical support for his arguments – that he is suffering from the major neurological complaint Guillan-Barre syndrome, which causes major muscle weakness and jerky movements.READ MORE IN FOOTBALLBut His Honour Judge Jonathan Klein issued the “bench warrant” for Jimenez’s arrest at a High Court hearing on Friday.Judge Klein said he could “attach no weight” to the claims made about Jimenez’s medical condition.He added he was “not convinced” the defendant would “ever submit” to the court “voluntarily”.Jimenez was credited with bringing in one of Newcastle’s most infamous flops – Spanish striker Xisco.Most read in FootballJimenez’ recruit Xisco only made nine Toon appearances in five yearsCredit: Action Images – ReutersHe was also behind the recruitment of other stars like Jonas Gutierrez, Fabricio Coloccini and Ignacio González.But those dealings were overshadowed by the failure of Xisco following his £6m arrival from Deportivo la Coruna in 2008.Dan Burn’s gone from pushing trolleys at Asda to potential England glory – he fully deserves his call-upThe Under-21 international only played nine games in five years for the Magpies before returning to his home country with Cordoba.Argentina midfielder Gutierrez was Jimenez’s most successful buy, becoming a St James’ Park favourite from 2008-2015. More

  • in

    Lauryn Goodman breaks silence after facing Kyle Walker in court showdown wearing ‘KW necklace’

    LAURYN Goodman has broken her silence after wearing a KW necklace to court amid a showdown with Kyle Walker. The reality star, 33, shares two children with the Man City defender – including little Kairo Walker, four.Lauryn Goodman has broken her silence since wearing a KW necklaceCredit: Darren FletcherThe Man City defender shared two children with reality TV star LaurynCredit: Darren FletcherLauryn briefly dated Walker in 2019Credit: InstagramThe mum has now broken her silenceWalker also fathered an eight-month-old daughter – whose name has not been revealed – with Lauryn, despite being married to Annie Kilner.The pair are currently going head-to-head in a bitter High Court battle.And now the reality star has spoken out for the first time. Sharing a snap of the pair’s daughter, Lauryn wrote on Instagram: “Everything and more. No better feeling than home with the kids.”Read more on footballIt came after an insider claimed Walker had no choice other than to walk away from his children with Lauryn as she was “controlling”. Lauryn yesterday wore a necklace with the initials “KW” – a touching nod to her son Kairo.The star had previously shared Kairo’s heartbreaking reaction to the Three Lions crushing defeat – revealing the youngster was desperate to call his dad.He could be heard saying he “didn’t like this” as the mum told him that England had lost.Most read in FootballKairo responded: “I don’t want them to win, I don’t want Spain to have won. That’s not kind… can’t I call my dad?” Celebs Go Dating star Lauryn then responded: “Oh bub” and captioned the video: “Little man is gutted.”Lauryn Goodman and Kyle Walker’s son KairoLauryn had earlier jetted out to Germany earlier in the tournament with the youngster to watch the action live.His devastated wife, Annie, 31, was also in the stadium with their three boys.Lauryn later insisted: “There was no way I wasn’t going to take Kairo to the Euros.”This could have been his last chance so I wanted it to be something that Kairo could remember forever.”We are not here to please other people. It’s about Kairo and what is best for him and what is going to make him happy.”I won’t be scapegoated or bullied and made to feel like a villain.”By comparison, Annie kept a dignified silence as her fellow Wags rallied around her.The mum discovered Kyle had fathered a second child after Lauryn contacted her over Christmas.She announced in January her marriage to the star was over at the same time it was revealed she was six months pregnant.READ MORE SUN STORIESThe footballer was kicked out of the family home and has been trying to make it up to Annie ever since.In an exclusive interview with The Sun, Kyle spoke of his sorrow and described Annie as his “soulmate”.Lauryn recently jetted out to Germany with the four-year-old for the EurosCredit: Darren FletcherAn insider claimed Lauryn is ‘desperate for attention’Kyle has four sons with Annie Kilner More

  • in

    ‘Controlling’ Lauryn Goodman ‘desperate for attention’ & left Kyle Walker ‘no choice but to leave kids’, insider claims

    KYLE Walker has been left with no choice other than to walk away from the children he has with “controlling” Lauryn Goodman, a source claims. The Man City defender, 34, shares two children with the reality TV star. Lauryn Goodman wore a ‘KW’ necklace as she went to court with Kyle Walker in court yesterdayCredit: Darren FletcherThe Man City defender shared two children with reality TV star LaurynCredit: Darren FletcherLauryn and Walker briefly dated in 2019Credit: Darren FletcherA source has now claimed Walker has ‘no choice other than to walk away from kids with Lauryn’Lauryn, 33, and Walker have a son Kairo, four, and an eight-month-old daughter – whose name has not been revealed – despite being married to Annie Kilner.An insider has now claimed that the footballer has been forced to walk away from his children with Lauryn due to her behaviour. They claimed the reality TV star’s want for attention – including staged shoots – had left Walker with no choice other than to “not be involved in the children’s lives emotionally”. A source told the Mirror: “Lauryn is known for attempting to control a narrative that suits her story – she has consistently sought public attention with staged shoots, trips to the Euros and constant social media goading around her brief encounters with Kyle.Read more on sport”Annie and Kyle are looking forward to a resolution of the whole situation and hope that this latest chapter brings them just that.”All they want is to work on their relationship, in private, to see what the future holds for them and their young family but have been unable to with the glare of the media – often led by Lauryn.”A source later hit back, adding: “I think it’s important not to blame the mother for a father choosing to abandon his own children and in order to escape taking accountability blaming it on the mother’s ‘behaviour’. The only behaviour impacting his two children he shares with Lauryn is his.””Lauryn is a wonderful mother and she always puts her children first. She is devoted to them. Lauryn chose to end the relationship with Kyle after the toxicity became too much for her to handle and it was impacting her mental health.”Most read in FootballThe pair are currently going head-to-head in a bitter court battle. Walker, who jetted back from Germany on Monday following England’s 2-1 loss to Spain in the Euros final, arrived yesterday wearing a dark suit and white shirt.Lauryn wore a necklace with the initials “KW” – a touching nod to her son Kairo – as she made her way into the court today.Lauryn had shared Kairo’s heartbreaking reaction to the Three Lions crushing defeat – revealing the youngster was desperate to call his dad.Lauryn Goodman issued warning by Celebs Go Dating over Kyle Walker drama as she breaks down in floods of tears on the show He could be heard saying he “didn’t like this” as the mum told him that England had lost.Kairo responded: “I don’t want them to win, I don’t want Spain to have won. That’s not kind… can’t I call my dad?” Celebs Go Dating star Lauryn then responded: “Oh bub” and captioned the video: “Little man is gutted.”Lauryn had earlier jetted out to Germany earlier in the tournament with the youngster to watch the action live.His devastated wife, Annie, 31, was also in the stadium with their three boys.Lauryn later insisted: “There was no way I wasn’t going to take Kairo to the Euros.Lauryn is known for attempting to control a narrative that suits her story.Insider “This could have been his last chance so I wanted it to be something that Kairo could remember forever.”We are not here to please other people. It’s about Kairo and what is best for him and what is going to make him happy.”I won’t be scapegoated or bullied and made to feel like a villain.”By comparison, Annie kept a dignified silence as her fellow Wags rallied around her.The mum discovered Kyle had fathered a second child after Lauryn contacted her over Christmas.She announced in January her marriage to the star was over at the same time it was revealed she was six months pregnant.READ MORE SUN STORIESThe footballer was kicked out of the family home and has been trying to make it up to Annie ever since.In an exclusive interview with The Sun, Kyle spoke of his sorrow and described Annie as his “soulmate”.The mum recently jetted out to Germany with the four-year-old for the EurosKyle has four sons with Annie Kilner More