More stories

  • in

    Watch Everton manager Sean Dyche savage Toffees flops in incredible interview after inspiring Burnley to comeback win

    SEAN DYCHE was hammering Everton for not knowing how to win games – when he was still in charge at Burnley.The Englishman was named manager of the Toffees after they axed Frank Lampard last week.
    🗣 “I said at half-time, I’m not sure [Everton] know how to win a game lads.” Sean Dyche explains what he said to his team to turn the game around and beat Everton 3-2. 👀 pic.twitter.com/jJDO8BvN2n— Football Daily (@footballdaily) April 6, 2022

    Sean Dyche has previously hammered his new club EvertonCredit: Getty
    Everton handed the former Burnley boss a two-and-a-half-year contract and will be hoping he can lead them to Premier League safety.
    However, a previous post-match interview has emerged in which Dyche hammered the Everton team.
    The 51-year-old had just led his Clarets to a comeback victory over Everton at Turf Moor in April 2022 – shortly before he got the boot from Burnley.
    Everton were 2-1 up at half time thanks to a brace from Richarlison, but goals from Jay Rodriguez and Maxwell Cornet handed victory to Dyche’s men.
    READ MORE FOOTBALL NEWS
    After the game, Dyche did not hold back as he said: “The mentality is hard. I have been down there.
    “Sometimes it is hard to explain, but you get a sense that a team [Everton] don’t know how to win a game.
    “I said to them at half time ‘I’m not sure these know how to win a game, especially away from home’.”
    Dyche has previously been praised for making his teams hard to beat and he was successful during his ten-year spell with Burnley.
    Most read in Football
    HOW TO GET FREE BETS ON FOOTBALL
    He has a job on his hands now, with the Goodison Park side 19th in the Premier League.
    Everton have only won three league games this season and are two points away from safety.
    Dyche will take to the dugout for his first Everton game on Saturday lunchtime against league leaders Arsenal. More

  • in

    Newcastle ‘AGREE’ £45m Anthony Gordon transfer as they close in on Everton winger

    NEWCASTLE have AGREED a £45million transfer for Everton winger Anthony Gordon, according to reports.Gordon, 21, has been linked with a move away from Goodison Park since the summer.
    Newcastle are nearing an agreement for GordonCredit: Getty
    Newcastle have revived their interest having initially explored a deal last summer.
    Everton had been hoping to get a fee of around £60million for the winger.
    However, after Gordon missed training for the third day in a row, the club are set to be forced to accept lower offers.
    And according to Sky Sports, the Magpies have agreed to pay £45m for the player.
    READ MORE IN FOOTBALL
    The breakthrough is said to have come today after advanced talks.
    Gordon would help boost Newcastle’s chances of a top-four finish.
    Eddie Howe’s men are sat third in the Premier League after 20 games played.
    Everton, meanwhile, could use the funds to reinvest in the squad under new management.
    Most read in Football
    BETTING SPECIAL – BEST FOOTBALL BETTING SITES IN THE UK
    Frank Lampard was sacked after the 2-0 loss to West Ham which added to a prior rotten run of form.
    Ex-Leeds boss Marcelo Bielsa flew into England to hold talks over becoming the new Toffees manager.
    However, a deal couldn’t be struck with Bielsa said to have offered to spend the first six months working with the U21s and the academy before stepping up to become first-team manager.
    Former Burnley boss Sean Dyche appears to be the more likely appointment at this point in time, with the club stuck in the relegation zone.
    Gordon’s form has been patchy this season More

  • in

    Everton ‘slash £20m off Anthony Gordon transfer fee as he refuses to return to training in bid to force Newcastle move’

    EVERTON have slashed their asking price for Anthony Gordon, reports suggest. Gordon, 21, has been linked with a move away from Goodison Park since the summer but only now does this transfer really appear to be making headway.
    Anthony Gordon has not turned up to Everton training for three daysCredit: Getty
    Gordon’s form has been patchy this season
    Newcastle have returned to the negotiating table following their interest in the summer.
    Everton had been hoping to get a fee of around £60million for the winger.
    However, after Gordon missed training for the third day in a row, the club are set to be forced to accept lower offers.
    According to The Telegraph, this rebellious attitude – with Gordon telling the club he does not want to return – has weakened Everton’s position.
    READ MORE IN FOOTBALL
    This means that instead of holding out for a package worth £60m, they are only likely to be able to fetch £40m.
    With the window slamming shut in a number of days, Everton need to sell Gordon in order to make funds available for their next manager to spend before the deadline.
    Gordon has scored three times in the Premier League this season from 16 games but has failed to add any assists to this tally – not helped by creating just 0.5 Expected Assists.
    Frank Lampard was sacked as manager after less than a year in charge after winning only three league games this season.
    Most read in Football
    BETTING SPECIAL – BEST FOOTBALL BETTING SITES IN THE UK
    Indeed, the club’s last win came in October, with a record of 10 games without a win in all competitions since.
    A host of big names have been linked with the hot seat at Goodison Park.

    These include; Marcelo Bielsa, Sean Dyche, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Carlo Ancelotti’s son, Davide.
    SunSport revealed on Wednesday that majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri would be willing to sell the club for the right price despite him announcing he would do nothing of the sort last week. More

  • in

    Anthony Gordon ‘tells Everton he doesn’t want to return to club’ in bid to force through £55m transfer to Newcastle

    ANTHONY GORDON has told Everton he has no intention of returning to the club as he tries to force a transfer away, according to reports.The winger is wanted by Newcastle, who are in talks with the Toffees over a potential deal.
    Anthony Gordon is looking to force a move to NewcastleCredit: PA
    The Daily Mail report that the Toon could have to pay £55million for his services.
    Gordon has not been in attendance at Everton’s Finch Farm training ground over the last three days, the first was a planned absence.
    The 21-year-old is a boyhood fan of the club but he wants out in January with the manager-less team in turmoil.
    The player has another 18 months left on his contract but they will reportedly hold out for as high a fee as possible.
    READ MORE IN FOOTBALL
    Chelsea showed plenty of interest in the summer, having multiple bids turned down worth a supposed £60m.
    Gordon has featured 18 times for the Merseyside club this season, scoring three goals.
    However, he has not started any of Everton’s last five matches in all competitions and was an unused substitute when they were chasing a goal in the 2-0 loss to West Ham.
    Everton are languishing in 19th in the Premier League table, joint-bottom with Southampton having sacked Frank Lampard as boss.
    Most read in Football
    FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
    And selling Gordon could hand any new manager money to spend in the transfer market, with the squad needing reinforcing to stay in the Premier League.
    The likes of Sean Dyche, Marcelo Bielsa and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer have been linked with the vacant role, but days are running out for them to make the most of the transfer market.

    Newcastle have plenty of cash to spend after investment from mega-rich Saudi Arabian owners.
    However, Eddie Howe was tight-lipped on any potential arrivals just a few days ago when he said, “I can tell you absolutely nothing,” on signings. More

  • in

    Everton lining up transfer for Dnipro striker Artem Dovbyk after having Arnaut Danjuma stolen from them by Tottenham

    EVERTON are considering a move for Dnipro striker Artem Dovbyk in a bid to boost their survival hopes.The Toffees are still on the hunt for a new manager after sacking Frank Lampard earlier this week, but with the window closing in a matter of days they cannot afford to hang around in terms of signings.
    Everton want to sign Dnipro striker Artem DovbykCredit: AP
    Having already had Arnaut Danjuma snatched from under their noses by Tottenham, Everton are hopeful that the sale of Anthony Gordon to Newcastle could fund some late January spending.
    The Toffees have desperately struggled for goals this season with only Wolves (12) scoring fewer than their 15 across 20 games so far this season.
    Dovbyk, who has previously been linked to Nottingham Forest, has 11 goals in 14 Premier Liga appearances so far this term.
    The Ukraine international, 25, has a further five goals and two assists in six Europa Conference League outings.
    READ MORE IN FOOTBALL
    Dovbyk is represented by the same agency who recently secured Mykhailo Mudryk an £88million move to Chelsea.
    Meanwhile, Everton are also tracking Sheffield United forward Iliman Ndiaye.
    The Senegal international, 22, has ten goals and seven assists in 28 Championship appearances for the Blades so far this season.
    However, Sheffield United are reluctant to sanction a sale as they push for promotion back to the Premier League while operating under a transfer embargo.
    Most read in Football
    FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
    The EFL punishment means that, regardless of how much Everton are willing to pay, the Blades would not be able to replace one of their key men this month.
    Everton also need to fund a move for a new manager and appear to have missed out on Marcelo Bielsa after he demanded £6m a year to join.
    Sean Dyche and Sam Allardyce are also in the running to take over with the Toffees in danger of relegation. More

  • in

    Everton considering ex-Man Utd boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as new manager… ‘who demands two transfers from old club’

    OLE GUNNAR SOLSKJAER is reportedly a candidate to take over Everton but he wants the club to sign two Manchester United stars.The Norwegian has been out of work since leaving the Red Devils in November 2021.
    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has held talks with Everton about taking over as managerCredit: Getty
    Solskjaer wants Everton to sign Scott McTominay and Harry MaguireCredit: Getty
    But he could be set for a return to the Premier League after holding talks with Everton, according to Fabrizio Romano.
    Everton are reportedly impressed with the rebuild Solskjaer oversaw at United, qualifying for the Champions League twice and finishing as runners-up in the Europa League.
    But Solskjaer, 49, is demanding the Toffees strengthen the squad before he agrees to take over.
    The former striker wants Everton to sign United captain Harry Maguire and his midfield team-mate Scott McTominay.
    READ MORE IN FOOTBALL
    Fortunately for Solskajer, United are believed to be willing to let the pair go to help ease financial fair play strains.
    Both have seen their playing time reduce following the signings of Casemiro and Lisandro Martinez.

    Maguire could be available on loan with West Ham seeing a bid rejected for the England star.
    McTominay has also attracted interest from elsewhere in the Prem, most notably Newcastle.
    Most read in Football
    FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
    Everton have a list of managerial candidates but appear to have missed out on Marcelo Bielsa, who is demanding £6million a year.
    Sean Dyche and David Moyes have also been linked with the job, as has former Everton boss Sam Allardyce – though he revealed he has not been contacted for the position. More

  • in

    Farhad Moshiri facing huge £300MILLION financial black hole if he sells Everton after years of failed transfer spending

    FARHAD MOSHIRI is staring at a financial black hole that could cost him as much as £300MILLION if he sells Everton.That stunning figure of failure would represent almost a quarter of the 67-year-old’s fortune after seven years of failed spending during his reign as the club’s majority owner.
    Farhad Moshiri could end up losing £300m if he sells EvertonCredit: Getty
    Moshiri claimed last week that he is not planning to cash out but SunSport understands he made it clear almost a year ago to potential investors that he would go for the right price.
    And we can reveal that price after being made aware of documents listing details that are in circulation.
    Moshiri is understood to want £350m for the club — plus the clearance of one of the club’s loans, totalling £150m.
    What’s more the new buyer would have to come up with a further £300m to complete the construction of Everton’s new stadium at Bramley Moore Dock.
    READ MORE IN FOOTBALL
    Moshiri bought his 94 per cent stake in the Toffees for £200m.
    It was thought that he had also given £250m in loans but SunSport believes the club currently owe him £100m more.
    So his total investment amounts to £550m but by selling he would recoup only a maximum of £350m — £250m if they are relegated.
    Dropping a division means he would stare at a loss of £300m for walking away and not calling in the personal loans.
    Most read in Football
    BETTING SPECIAL – BEST FOOTBALL BETTING SITES IN THE UK
    The investment of a new owner could be much higher still because it is based on a supposed “lock-in” build price of £500m that was thought to be in place with the builders, Laing O’Rourke.
    Yet Moshiri — a chartered accountant — suggested somebody within his beleaguered board had their sums wrong.
    The stadium set-price was announced nine months ago, CEO Denise Barrett-Baxendale claiming: “We are able to lock in construction costs, while also benefiting from Laing O’Rourke’s economies of scale in what is an ever-fluctuating marketplace.”
    Yet in the days before Saturday’s 2-0 defeat by West Ham that marked the end of Frank Lampard’s reign, the beleaguered supremo told talkSPORT the final price would be close to £760m.
    So far it is understood that only £200m has been invested in the 52,888-seater ground.
    Moshiri has been searching in vain for new investors for months and now knows that if the club is sold he will take the biggest personal hit of any club owner in the Premier League era.
    Last week he told Everton’s Fan Advisory Board: “The club is not for sale, I’ve been talking to top investors of real quality to bridge the gap on the stadium.”
    Yet as he scratches around for a new manager, he is still to find any major money men willing to help fund a club that has lost £372m in the last three years. More

  • in

    Everton ‘consider Marko Arnautovic as they look to sign two forwards – but Ziyech transfer unlikely after Lampard axe’

    EVERTON are reportedly weighing up a move to sign Marko Arnautovic.The Austrian forward is currently playing his trade in Serie A with Bologna.
    Marko Arnautovic is a reported target of EvertonCredit: Getty
    The Toffees are in need of reinforcements and have already seen one major transfer target fall by the wayside.
    Arnaut Danjuma had a medical at the club and was expected to sign, only for Tottenham to swoop in and hijack the deal.
    Now the Toffees have switched their attentions to the former Stoke City and West Ham star along with another forward, according to the Daily Mail.
    This season the 33-year-old has been in good form in Italy, netting eight goals in 16 appearances for Bologna.
    READ MORE ON TRANSFERS
    Manchester United was interested in signing the forward in the summer.
    But a move failed to materialise after fan backlash to the proposed transfer.
    When asked about the transfer in August, Arnautovic told a press conference: “The market is the market.
    “I’ve been in the world of football for many years and I know there could be clubs interested during the transfer window.
    Most read in Football
    HOW TO GET FREE BETS ON FOOTBALL
    “But now I am focused on Bologna.”
    If a deal to Goodison Park comes off, Everton will be hoping he will be able to help fire them to Premier League safety.
    The report also states that Chelsea’s Hakim Ziyech, on the other hand, will not be moving to the club.
    Recently axed boss Frank Lampard was a fan of the Moroccan winger, but following his exit, interest is now believed to have cooled.
    Hakim Ziyech is unlikely to make the move to Goodison ParkCredit: Getty More