More stories

  • in

    Chelsea outcast Antonio Rudiger wanted by Tottenham in shock transfer after Frank Lampard gives defender axe this season

    CHELSEA defender Antonio Rudiger is a shock transfer target for Tottenham, according to reports.
    The German, 27, has not featured for the Blues in any of their games so far this season despite turning out for his country in the Nations League.

    1

    Tottenham are eyeing up a shock transfer for Antonio Rudiger from ChelseaCredit: Getty Images – Getty

    Rudiger – who claimed he was racially abused at White Hart Lane last season – was on the bench against Brighton on the opening weekend but has not made the matchday squad since.
    And according to Sky Sports, Spurs are ready to pounce.
    Rudiger is thought to be open to a loan move away from Stamford Bridge in an attempt to get game time with the European Championships taking place next summer.
    However, Chelsea are reluctant to allow a temporary switch to a direct rival.

    The two clubs have not done business with each other since Carlo Cudicini joined Tottenham in 2009.
    Speaking on Monday before they face off in the Carabao Cup, Blues boss Frank Lampard refused to speculate on the ex-Roma man’s future.
    With two years left on his current contract, the £31million ace has also been linked with West Ham, Paris Saint-Germain, Barcelona and even Liverpool.
    He said: “I wouldn’t assume anything. I wouldn’t assume Antonio or any players in the squad (are leaving).”

    Spurs manager Jose Mourinho is desperate to get in another centre-back before the transfer window closes.
    His side were chasing Inter Milan star Milan Skriniar and recruitment chief Steve Hitchen travelled to Italy for negotiations.
    But the San Siro’s valuation of the Slovakia international was too high for Tottenham – now a deal looks to be off the cards. More

  • in

    Man Utd ‘make shock transfer enquiry for Chelsea star N’Golo Kante’ with Inter Milan also chasing World Cup-winning star

    MANCHESTER UNITED have reportedly made a shock enquiry for Chelsea’s N’Golo Kante.
    But Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side face competition from Inter Milan to land the 2018 World Cup winner.

    2

    N’Golo Kante could make a shock move to Manchester UnitedCredit: Getty Images – Getty

    The Mirror reports United have made contact with the French midfielder’s advisors ahead of a potential deal.
    Kante, 29, could be allowed to leave Stamford Bridge by Frank Lampard if the club receive an acceptable offer.
    But the report states the Red Devils will only sign him if he is prepared to take a large hit on his £300,000 a week wages.
    Chelsea have already splashed out around £250million this transfer window and may look to balance the books.

    Kai Havertz, Timo Werner, Ben Chilwell, Hakim Ziyech and new keeper Edouard Mendy have all been bought in a bumper spending spree.
    It was reported earlier this month that The Blues were looking for a bid of around £55m to let the two-time Premier League champion go to Old Trafford.
    Solskjaer has admired Kante from afar for a while and believes he could add some extra steel to his options in the middle of the park.
    The Norwegian has already added Donny van de Beek from Ajax for £39m but could strengthen his midfield ranks even further.

    2

    Antonio Conte brought N’Golo Kante to Chelsea where they won the Premier League togetherCredit: AFP – Getty

    Kante has three years left on the contract he signed in 2018 so United will have to cough up a reasonable sum to lure him away from West London.
    Boss Antonio Conte signed ‘the nicest man in football’ from Leicester in 2016 and together they won the title at Chelsea the following year.
    And the Inter Milan manager is said to be keen on bringing him to Serie A so the pair can be reunited at the San Siro.

    N’golo Kante shows his skills as he takes on Bathsuayi at Chelsea training More

  • in

    Chelsea star Ruben Loftus-Cheek eyed by Southampton for loan transfer with up to EIGHT clubs after Blues star

    SOUTHAMPTON have entered the race for Chelsea midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek.
    But Ralph Hasenhuttl faces some competition to bring in the 24-year-old with another SEVEN clubs sniffing around.

    1

    Ruben Loftus-Cheek could be loaned out by Chelsea this seasonCredit: PA:Press Association

    Loftus-Cheek has fallen way down Frank Lampard’s pecking order and is said to be considering his future.
    Kai Havertz, Christian Pulisic and Mason Mount are all ahead of Loftus-Cheek in the pecking order
    And according to The Athletic, Southampton want to bring him down to the South Coast on loan.

    It’s not surprising Southampton are looking for additions having lost their opening two games of the Premier League season.
    But they will need Chelsea to help out with his £150,000-a-week wages.
    West Ham and Aston Villa are another two of the eight clubs interested in the ten-cap England international.
    Loftus-Cheek, meanwhile, started the opening day 3-1 win against Brighton, but was subbed off on 61 minutes for Ross Barkley.

    Following that game, the 24-year-old was slammed by Sky Sports pundits Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville for failing to take his chance.

    Ex-Manchester United captain Neville said: “I thought, Loftus-Cheek, he’s been given his chance.
    “I thought he was really disappointing. I don’t think Loftus-Cheek can complain.
    “He’s been given games.
    “I don’t think he’s ever grasped his chance yet.
    “There’s going to come a point when they’re going to cash in and get £25million for him.”
    And former Liverpool defender Carragher agreed.
    He said: “When he was at Crystal Palace you thought ‘what a player’.
    “He’s got to say he wants to play every single week. He’s not grabbed his chance tonight.
    “If you get your chance you have to grab it. He’s had his chances now.”
    He failed to appear against Liverpool and in the cup game against Barnsley.
    Loftus-Cheek’s only other time away from Stamford Bridge came during a loan spell at Crystal Palace in the 2017-18 season.

    Chelsea midfield Ruben Loftus-Cheek completes the Oh Na Na Na challenge with sister More

  • in

    Declan Rice ‘pushing’ for Chelsea transfer as West Ham insist they won’t sell England defender

    DECLAN RICE is pushing for a transfer to Chelsea, according to reports.
    But West Ham are insistent they will not sell the England star.

    2

    Chelsea are hoping to sign Declan Rice from West Ham before the transfer window closesCredit: Getty Images – Getty

    According to journalist Fabrizio Romano, the Hammers vice-captain is keen to get a move back to Chelsea.
    There is a suggestion that Rice’s agent is already in negotiations with the Stamford Bridge club over a potential move with the two clubs close to beginning talks.
    However, SunSport understands there still has been no official bid put in from any club for the Three Lions international as of yet.
    Rice, 21, was released by the Blues at the age of 14 before making the switch across London, where he has made 111 first-team appearances.

    Chelsea have already spent £230million in this summer transfer window to bring in Kai Havertz, Timo Werner, Ben Chilwell, Hakim Ziyech and now Edouard Mendy.
    But with less than two weeks to go before deadline day, Frank Lampard is thought to be keen to complete his spree by landing Rice.
    However, West Ham value their star – who can play in midfield or defence – at around £80million.
    That is more than the Blues would be willing to stump up so they will hope to push that figure down, just as they did to sign Ben Chilwell for £50m as opposed to the £70m Leicester wanted.

    2

    Frank Lampard has already brought in plenty of new signings and Rice would complete his summer businessCredit: Rex Features

    Chelsea have not made any official bid yet for Declan Rice. Talks on with his agent – but now it’s time to sell/loan out players, then #CFC will open talks on next days with West Ham. #WHUFC insist they won’t sell Rice but the player is pushing to join Chelsea. 🔵 #transfers https://t.co/DuMqm5j9bV
    — Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) September 24, 2020

    Chelsea fans were left convinced Rice would join them after the West Ham star was pictured with “Agent Drogba”.
    The Hammers ace was enjoying a well-deserved holiday with best mate – and Blues star – Mason Mount in Mykonos, Greece when he bumped into the Ivorian icon.
    Rice came under fire for his performance in the 2-0 home defeat to Newcastle on the opening day of the season.
    He captained the side in the absence of Mark Noble as they lost at Arsenal on Saturday.

    WWE legend Triple H urges Declan Rice to snub Chelsea transfer to become West Ham ‘hero to fans that have supported you’ More

  • in

    Chelsea defender Antonio Rudiger wanted by Barcelona in shock transfer if they fail to land Man City’s Eric Garcia

    BARCELONA are reportedly lining up a surprise swoop for Chelsea outcast Antonio Rudiger.
    The defender is said to be unhappy at Stamford Bridge having failed to make an appearance in the early weeks of the season.

    1

    Frank Lampard has cast doubt over Antonio Rudiger’s futureCredit: Getty Images – Getty

    And, with Frank Lampard admitting the player could soon leave, reports have emerged of a possible destination.
    German publication Kicker and Spanish newspaper Sport both believe Barcelona have Rudiger in their sights.
    The centre-back, 27, is seen as an alternative to Manchester City starlet Eric Garcia, who wants to return to Spain.
    First on Barcelona’s wish list is Garcia, 19, who is reportedly available for around £16million.

    But, with his contract up next summer, he could stay in Manchester and leave for free in June.
    That has prompted Barcelona to consider their options, although an alternative purchase will only be completed if Samuel Umtiti leaves.
    However, Mundo Deportivo have claimed there is no interest in Rudiger coming out of the Camp Nou.
    It is becoming increasingly apparent that Rudiger can leave Chelsea for the right price.

    Left out of the squad for the Blues’ Premier League openers and the Carabao Cup thrashing of Barnsley, the Germany international’s career in West London appears to be all-but over.
    Fikayo Tomori appeared in the defeat to Liverpool before starting alongside new signing Thiago Silva last night.
    Andreas Christensen and Kurt Zouma have started both Premier League matches while Malang Sarr and Ethan Ampadu are hopeful of first-team action in the coming years.
    After the Barnsley win, manager Lampard admitted Rudiger and Ruben Loftus-Cheek could leave the club.
    He said: “The situation with both is that they weren’t in the squad.
    “I had a similar answer from the other day, they just weren’t in the squad. That is just a choice at the moment.

    “Again with the centre-halves I can’t have them all in the squad. I keep getting asked about the size of the squad.
    “There might be movement, we know that, but nothing is concrete so don’t read too much into those selections at the minute.
    “It will have to be things which are right for the club and individuals and me and in terms of what happens in the next couple of weeks.”

    Antonio Rudiger shows off his football skills in Chelsea training More

  • in

    Incoming Chelsea keeper Edouard Mendy won’t pressure crisis-hit Kepa as he’s ‘not a household name’, claims John Barnes

    CHELSEA’S incoming keeper Edouard Mendy won’t pressurise flop Kepa as he’s ‘not a household name’, claims John Barnes.
    Mendy is due to be announced as the Blues’ latest signing in a mega transfer window for Frank Lampard.

    5

    Edouard Mendy is set to join ChelseaCredit: Icon Sport – Getty

    5

    Kepa Arrizabalaga is under pressure after a number of errorsCredit: AFP or licensors

    The West Londoners have splurged over £230million as they make up for last year’s transfer ban.
    On Monday it was reported Mendy, 28, was undergoing a medical at Chelsea ahead of a £22m move from Rennes – following in the footsteps of legend Petr Cech, who played a key role in the transfer.
    But Liverpool legend Barnes does not see his signing as a quick fix for Chelsea’s problem between the sticks.
    Speaking to BonusCodeBets, Barnes said: “With the new goalkeeper [Edouard Mendy] expected to join Chelsea this week, this won’t put too much pressure on Kepa for the number one spot.

    “Edouard Mendy isn’t exactly a household name that a lot of people know about so he will immediately be under pressure if they put him straight in.
    “If Chelsea were to sign Jan Oblak or Manuel Neuer, they can put him in straightaway and if he makes a mistake, fans would let it slide as they know he is a top goalkeeper.
    “However, if they put this new goalkeeper in at the start and he makes a mistake, fans will be asking for Kepa to be brought back in.
    “Chelsea signing Edouard Mendy will not install confidence in the fans as they know that he won’t be directly replacing Kepa.

    5

    5

    “With the amount of money that Chelsea paid for Kepa Arrizabalaga, fans should know that they spent that amount because of how good he was, so people need to remember that.”
    Talk of Mendy’s arrival comes just days after the world’s most expensive keeper Kepa Arrizabalaga made yet another howler against Liverpool on Sunday.
    The Spanish keeper inexplicably passed the ball straight to Sadio Mane to gift the Premier League champs an easy goal, leaving Lampard and despairing fans looking elsewhere.

    5

    Chelsea’s worst-ever flop XI includes Kepa and Bakayoko More

  • in

    Bayern Munich stars ‘believe Callum Hudson-Odoi could complete season-long loan transfer from Chelsea in next two weeks’

    BAYERN MUNICH stars are reportedly hopeful of finally welcoming Callum Hudson-Odoi to the Bundesliga champions.
    The Chelsea winger remains a fringe player at Stamford Bridge despite signing a £120,000-a-week contract last year.

    1

    Callum Hudson-Odoi could finally make a move to Bayern Munich after rejecting the Germans last yearCredit: Getty Images – Getty

    That new deal came amid serious interest from Bayern when Hudson-Odoi was only just graduating from the Stamford Bridge academy.
    But their interest has been rekindled in recent weeks, according to the Telegraph, and they may have gained hope after claims the youngster wants showdown talks with Frank Lampard about his future.
    It is said that the Munich dressing room eagerly awaits the teenager and expect a bid in the coming weeks.
    A loan proposal is considered most likely with this autumn’s transfer deadline set for October 5.

    The Bavarian giants may not be the only club to try and tempt Hudson-Odoi, 19, away from West London.
    Juventus and RB Leipzig are also reportedly tracking the star, although the latter may struggle to pay his wages.
    Earlier in the month, it was suggested that Frank Lampard may sanction a loan exit after the arrival of Kai Havertz.
    Hudson-Odoi has only featured in ten minutes of Chelsea’s opening Premier League fixtures.

    Having been promised more game time when rejecting Bayern, the winger has been largely used off the bench by both Lampard and predecessor Maurizio Sarri.
    Only 17 of his 49 appearances for the Blues in league and Europe have come as a starter.
    Bayern may be able to afford greater prominence to Hudson-Odoi after losing Ivan Perisic and Philippe Coutinho in the summer.
    Both wide men returned to their clubs after finishing their loan spells at the Champions League winners, who signed Leroy Sane from Manchester City for £54.8million.

    Frank Lampard piles praise on Chelsea academy after being told Mason Mount idolised him as a kid More