More stories

  • in

    Callum Hudson-Odoi transfer exit a possibility before deadline day, admits Chelsea boss Frank Lampard

    FRANK LAMPARD admitted he cannot say for certain that Callum Hudson-Odoi will not make a deadline-beating move to Bayern Munich.
    The Chelsea chief insists Hudson-Odoi, who made his first Prem start of the season in yesterday’s 4-0 win over Crystal Palace, is a key part of his plans.

    2

    Callum Hudson-Odoi is once again being courted by Bayern MunichCredit: Rex Features

    Yet Bayern also declared their interest in the England attacker and are desperate to sign him.
    Hudson-Odoi, 19, only signed a five-year deal at the Blues 12 months ago and Lampard will hold talks with him before tomorrow’s deadline.
    Lampard said: “There is no definitive answer — by Monday we will know the answer.
    “Bayern might have declared their interest, which is one thing, but Callum is absolutely part of my plans.

    “What Callum wants comes into consideration.
    “He is our player and everything has to be right for everyone.
    “Callum showed what we wanted, especially in the second half when he was more aggressive, took on the full-back and got crosses in.”
    Bayern were linked with Hudson-Odoi before he agreed to his long-term contract with Chelsea.

    2

    Frank Lampard has refused to rule out a move away for Callum Hudson-OdoiCredit: PA:Press Association

    And they remain big fans, with boss Hansi Flick hailing the Chelsea attacker as ‘one of the biggest talents’.
    Quizzed over Hudson-Odoi in a press conference, Flick said: “I don’t know what will happen.
    “But he is one of the biggest talents in his position. So it is normal that a club like Bayern deals with him.”

    Chelsea star Callum Hudson-Odoi shows off amazing ball control with Christian Pulisic More

  • in

    Callum Hudson-Odoi transfer chase hots up as ‘Chelsea reject Bayern Munich’s loan bid with £70m option to buy’

    CHELSEA have reportedly rejected a £70million loan-to-buy offer from Bayern Munich for Callum Hudson-Odoi.
    The England international is a target for the Champions League winners, who want the 19-year-old winger before Monday’s transfer deadline.

    2

    Callum Hudson-Odoi is wanted by Bayern Munich, who failed with a loan bidCredit: EPAThe massive offer is understood to have been a loan move with an option to buy the winger next summer.
    But the Daily Mail claim that the Blues rejected the move, which hasn’t deterred the Bavarians.
    They say the Bundesliga giants will return with another bid before the transfer window closes on Monday.
    Hudson-Odoi starred for Chelsea in their comprehensive 4-0 win over Crystal Palace on Saturday.

    And manager Frank Lampard revealed the club didn’t want to send the talent out on loan and hoped the teenager would stay.
    However, he confessed that they would have to take Hudson-Odoi’s feelings into account.
    Lampard said: “There is no definitive answer.
    “By Monday we’ll know the definitive answer. If Bayern have declared their interest that’s one thing. But everything that happens on Monday will be what is good for the club, because Callum’s our player.

    2

    Hudson-Odoi starred against Crystal Palace in a 4-0 routCredit: Getty – Pool
    “Also what Callum wants will come into consideration.
    “At the minute I want Callum part of my squad, particularly when he’s offering up what he offered up in the second half and when he came on against West Brom.”
    Hudson-Odoi has been linked with a move to Bayern since 2019, and manager Hansi Flick has made no secret of his admiration for the exciting player.
    Flick revealed: “He is one of the greatest talents in that position.

    “He can play wide and as a No.10 so it’s entirely legitimate that we at Bayern Munich are interested in him.”
    After signing a new contract last year, Hudson-Odoi suffered a serious Achilles injury.
    And competition for places became fierce this summer when Chelsea added Hakim Ziyech, Kai Havertz and Timo Werner, who can all play in the wide positions.

    Chelsea star Callum Hudson-Odoi shows off amazing ball control with Christian Pulisic More

  • in

    Chelsea defender Matt Miazga set for fourth loan transfer in five years after agreeing to join Kompany’s Anderlecht

    MATT MIAZGA is reportedly set for his fourth loan spell away from Chelsea as he nears a switch to join Anderlecht.
    The 25-year-old is set to become the latest player to depart Stamford Bridge on loan having failed to feature for the Blues in over four years.

    1

    Chelsea defender Matt Miazga is reportedly closing in on a loan deal to join AnderlechtCredit: PA:Empics Sport

    Miazga joined the West Londoners from New York Red Bulls in January 2016, where he featured twice before the end of the season.
    But he hasn’t appeared for the club since, with the centre-back being shipped off on loan to Vitesse for two years between 2016-2018.
    He was then sent out to French outfit Nantes in 2018, before being recalled to go off to Reading in the winter transfer window in 2019.
    His loan spell with the Royals was extended for the 2019/20 campaign, where he played in 20 Championship matches.

    And he is now poised to be sent out yet again, with Goal stating he has agreed to link up with Vincent Kompany’s Anderlecht.
    It has been said that the USA international has chose to join the Belgian side after speaking with the Manchester City legend.
    Miazga – who still has two years left on his contract with Chelsea – will be looking to help Anderlecht win their first league title since 2017.
    The club currently sit fifth in the table table after seven games, having won three three and drawn four.

    Anderlecht boss Kompany has been criticised by the club’s supporters since he re-joined the club from the Citizens last year.
    And fans were left furious by the 34-year-old earlier this month despite Kompany accepting a 50 per cent pay cut in his salary, as they argued he is still overpaid.
    It has been claimed that he will earn £2.7million-a-year in place of his former annual pay packet, believed to be £5.4m.

    Kepa does superb triple save during Chelsea training More

  • in

    Ross Barkley aims to save England career after joining Aston Villa from Chelsea on loan transfer

    ROSS BARKLEY signed for Aston Villa aiming to be part of the England squad for the Euros next summer.
    Barkley, 26, has moved to Villa on loan for the season, having seen his chances of regular first-team football at Chelsea blocked by their summer spending spree.

    1

    Ross Barkley signed for Aston Villa on loan from ChelseaCredit: Aston Villa

    The arrival of Kai Havertz and Hakim Ziyech threatened to leave the ace out of Blues boss Frank Lampard’s plans — with the postponed Euros looming.
    Midfielder Barkley said: “The last couple of years I’ve been stop-start, performing well and then being out of the team. To come here and have the chance to play  regularly is a big thing for me. The Euros at the end of season is a big target, hopefully I can be there.
    “Dean Smith swayed me with the way he spoke to me,  it looks like it’s going to be an exciting season.”

    Having made just 28 starts in the Premier League since moving to Chelsea in January 2018, the playmaker now needs a run of games.
    Gareth Southgate, who today names his England squad to face Wales, Belgium and Denmark, has been a consistent fan of Barkley’s ability during his time in charge.
    But the Three Lions boss warned stars they need to be figuring regularly for their clubs if they want to stay in his plans.
    Southgate will name either 25 or 26 players for the friendly against Wales next Thursday, followed by the home Nations League games with Belgium and Denmark.

    He is set to once again use a three-man defence in at least one of the matches.

    Phil Foden and Mason Greenwood will not be included after being sent home for breaking Covid-19 protocol by inviting girls to the team hotel last time.
    Manchester United captain Harry Maguire will return following his Mykonos arrest controversy.
    Marcus Rashford, Ben Chilwell, James Maddison and Jordan Henderson — all not fit enough for the last squad — are set to make a comeback.
    And Villa skipper Jack Grealish looks likely to keep his place.

    One player on Southgate’s radar is Harvey Barnes — and he was at the Etihad on Sunday to watch the Leicester midfielder impress against Manchester City.
    Everton’s Dominic Calvert-Lewin has also starred with five goals this season and has a chance.
    Burnley keeper Nick Pope has been promised that he will play in at least one of the games.

    Chelsea star Ross Barkley joins Aston Villa in shock one-year loan transfer More

  • in

    Chelsea flop Tiemoue Bakayoko heading to PSG in shock loan transfer with AC Milan ‘frustrated’ over asking price

    CHELSEA outcast Tiemoue Bakayoko is set to join Paris Saint-Germain in a shock loan deal, according to reports.
    The French midfielder, 26, hasn’t played for the Blues since 2018, with Frank Lampard itching to offload the flop.

    1

    PSG are the shock front-runners to sign Tiemoue Bakayoko from ChelseaCredit: EPA

    Bakayoko had looked set to return to AC Milan, where he spent the 2018-19 season on loan.
    But the Italians were left frustrating by Chelsea’s £32million asking price.
    PSG have now emerged as the shock front-runners to sign Bakayoko, according to Goal.
    While Chelsea are keen to get rid of Bakayoko for good, they are believed to be willing to let the ex-Monaco man leave on loan.

    However, the Blues will only allow PSG to take him for the season if there is an obligation to buy clause in the deal.
    AC Milan paid Chelsea £4.5m in 2018 to take Bakayoko on loan, but decided against triggering the optional £32m permanent option.
    The Blues then endured a similar fate in loaning him to Monaco – the club from which Chelsea signed Bakayoko in 2017, after their Ligue 1-winning season – last term.
    Unwilling to make the same mistake this time around, Chelsea will insist on the to-buy option being mandatory on the third attempt.

    The Stamford Bridge side are seeking a £4.6m loan fee with the remaining £27.4m to be paid as the full transfer fee in 2021.
    Milan have said they have no problem with the loan figure, but say they are only prepared to pay a further £18.3m to seal a permanent deal.
    Bakayoko has made just 29 Premier League appearances for Chelsea, all of which came in his debut season. More

  • in

    Chelsea cannot even find a club to take Kepa on LOAN as Blues face paying flop keeper £5m to sit on bench this season

    CHELSEA cannot even find anyone to take Kepa on LOAN as they face wasting £5million to pay the flop keeper to sit on the bench.
    The Spanish stopper has been dumped into the wilderness at Stamford Bridge following a series of cock-ups which forced the club to sign Edouard Mendy to be their new No1.

    2

    Chelsea flop Kepa Arrizabalaga looks set to sit on the benchCredit: AFP or licensors

    But director Marina Granovskaia is refusing to take a financial hit on the world record £71million she paid to sign Kepa two years ago – meaning no club in Europe is in a position to take him off Chelsea’s hands.
    With an asking price approaching £60m, there have been no buyers found for the 25-year-old and now the Blues have had to start looking to find a club willing to take him on loan.
    But with European football hit badly by the Covid-19 pandemic, there are not even any sides willing and able to agree a loan deal which would mean they have to meet his £150,000-a-week wages.
    The only way they could realistically get him out before the transfer window closes on Monday would be to agree to pay at least half his wages.

    But even then the interest is limited, so it is growing increasingly likely the London club will be stuck with Kepa on their wage bill for the remainder of the season – handing them a bill of £5m just to be a back-up keeper.
    The Blues are furiously trying to offload fringe players before the window closes, with Toni Rudiger looking for a way out along with Marcos Alonso.

    2

    Most read in Football

    Gossip

    WINGING IT
    Bayern Munich plot Lemar loan transfer from Atletico Madrid after Sane injury

    Exclusive

    STORM BREWING
    Sheffield United launch £23m Rhian Brewster bid with Liverpool set to accept

    RED LIGHT
    Liverpool could face horror draw with Barcelona, Inter Milan and Monchengladbach

    Video

    SERGI-UH-OH
    Reguilon’s ‘career ended’ by Azpilicueta after ‘never-ending slide tackle’

    MAN UTD RATINGS
    Pogba reminds Solskjaer of talents, Mata shines but James needs loaning out

    Exclusive

    JA-GONE SANCHO
    Jadon Sancho believes he WILL join Man Utd before transfer window shuts

    Alonso appears to have sealed his Stamford Bridge exit after trying to watch the second-half against West Brom from the team bus after being subbed – something boss Frank Lampard blasted him for.
    Jorginho and Tiemoue Bakayoko are others who the club would be keen to move on while Inter Milan are trying to scrape the funds together to sign N’Golo Kante.

    Ross Barkley joined Aston Villa on a season-long loan on Wednesday and Ruben Loftus-Cheek is another who could spend the campaign elsewhere with West Ham interested. 

    Most expensive flop XI in Premier League history – including Sanchez, Kepa and Torres More

  • in

    Chelsea star Kurt Zouma ‘wanted by Everton and Leicester before transfer window closes as Blues demand £36m fee’

    KURT ZOUMA is a transfer target for Everton and Leicester City, according to reports.
    Chelsea are looking to offload at least one centre-back before the end of the transfer window, with Antonio Rudiger and Fikayo Tomori linked with loan moves elsewhere.

    1

    Kurt Zouma is a £36million target for Everton and Leicester

    Le 10 Sport claim the Blues could cash in on Zouma if their £36million asking price for the Frenchman is met, and Everton and Leicester are circling.
    Zouma still has three years left on his contract at Stamford Bridge, but is seen as one of the players whose sale could offset the £220million outlay on players this summer.
    Zouma started alongside Andreas Christensen in Chelsea’s first two games of the season but was replaced by newcomer Thiago Silva for the Blues’ 3-3 draw with West Brom.
    The 25-year-old did not even make the matchday squad for the trip to the Hawthorns, leading to speculation regarding his future.

    Zouma spent the 2018-19 season on loan at Everton before forcing his way into Frank Lampard’s plans and making 43 appearances in all competitions last term.
    Tottenham were linked with a move for Zouma back in June, a move which would have seen the defender reunite with former boss Jose Mourinho.
    The Toffees are now pushing hard to get him back, with Carlo Ancelotti desperate to add to his depleted backline.
    Everton have also shown interest in taking Tomori on loan due to their injury troubles – Ancelotti has only two fit senior centre-backs at present.

    Rudiger’s future at Chelsea is also in doubt after the German made it clear he wanted first-team football ahead of the European Championships next summer.
    The 27-year-old was on the bench for the Blues’ Premier League opener against Brighton but has not made Lampard’s squad since.
    Spurs are ready to pounce, according to Sky Sports, but it remains to be seen whether Chelsea would willingly allow Rudiger to join a top six rival.

    Tottenham vs Chelsea – Live stream, TV channel, kick-off time and odds for Carabao Cup match More

  • in

    Ruben Loftus-Cheek set for loan transfer away from Chelsea this week but Lampard still believes he has future at club

    RUBEN LOFTUS-CHEEK is set for a loan move this week – but still has the backing of Chelsea boss Frank Lampard.
    Aston Villa are in pole position to seal a deal for the season, with West Ham and Southampton also interested.

    1

    Ruben Loftus-Cheek has been linked with a move away from ChelseaCredit: Getty Images – Getty

    Midfielder Loftus-Cheek, 24, has not featured since Chelsea’s opening game.
    But Lampard said: “I’m very open with Ruben, we’ve had a couple of conversations in the past week.
    “Ruben’s fit as a fiddle, he can play week in week out if he needs to, coming off the back of a lot of work – he would have been playing games and fitter earlier, if it wasn’t for lockdown.
    “There’s a possibility that Ruben may go out to play games, because I think that would be great for him.

    “We hold him in very high regard here, I certainly do, and that could be a good option for him.
    “If that’s not the right option, he’ll be competitive in this squad as well, because of the quality that he has, and, hopefully, be a big plus for us.”
    Loftus-Cheek, who made his senior Chelsea debut as a teenager back in 2014, has struggled with injuries during his tenure at Stamford Bridge.
    The England International spent a year out with an achilles problem and has managed just 61 minutes for the Blues this season.

    Lampard added: “Ruben wants to play and the reality is that I have a lot of competition in those areas.
    “Without a doubt [Loftus-Cheek has a future at Chelsea]. He’s had a difficult time, the injury was a bad one, he hasn’t played as many minutes at this club as he would like to have done.
    “So we’ll make that decision as to what’s best for him and us.”

    Ruben Loftus-Cheek runs riot on 1-on-1 Chelsea training More