More stories

  • in

    Erling Haaland posed in Arsenal kit as a kid as Gunners fans joked ‘he’s coming home’ before £51m Man City transfer

    ARSENAL fans were sent wild when an old picture of Erling Haaland in a Gunners kit was posted on social media this year.The 22-year-old sensation left Borussia Dortmund in the summer for a bargain £51million move to champions Manchester City.
    A young Erling Haaland pictured in an Arsenal shirtCredit: Twitter / @chriswheatley_
    Haaland ended up moving to Man City from Borussia Dortmund for £51mCredit: Getty
    Manchester City appeared to always be in pole position for his signature, with Haaland reportedly jetting to Monaco for talks on several occasions before his switch.
    But an old photo posted to Twitter by Football.London’s Chris Wheatley last season caused quite the stir among Arsenal fans.
    In the snap Haaland can be seen wearing a yellow Gunners away kit with matching shorts.
    The kit is dated from the 2010-11 season, and was also used as the away kit for the next two campaigns, but it’s unknown when the picture was taken.
    Read More on Arsenal
    Nevertheless some fans joked it was a sign that Haaland could have been heading to the Emirates this summer.
    But none will be complaining about the addition of Gabriel Jesus instead, with the Brazilian firing Arsenal to the top of the league.
    One excited supporter wrote on social media at the time: “He’s coming home then.”
    Meanwhile another said: “He’s a Gooner through and through.”
    Most read in Football
    FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS

    Others called for Haaland’s Norway team-mate Martin Odegaard to help get a deal over the line, with one writing: “Agent Odegaard.”
    Unfortunately for Arsenal fans, Haaland did end up opting for Man City instead.
    He’s scored an incredible 22 goals in just 16 games under Pep Guardiola.
    And if wearing a shirt was anything to go by, last year the goal machine was spotted wearing Leeds United shorts as he signed fans for autographs. More

  • in

    Bayern Munich stars party the night away in Barcelona nightclub after humiliating Catalans 3-0 in Champions League

    BAYERN MUNICH rubbed even more salt into Barceona’s wounds after dumping them out of the Champions League – by partying in a local nightclub.The German champions eliminated Xavi’s troops from Europe’s elite club competition on Wednesday night with a 3-0 victory at the Nou Camp.
    After humiliating Barcelona at the Camp Nou AGAIN, the Bayern squad ended up in Shôko, a nightclub in the City. 👀🕺🏾 pic.twitter.com/UivwA19Huy— Football Tweet ⚽ (@Football__Tweet) October 28, 2022

    Bayern Munich ran riot against Barcelona at the Nou Camp on Wednesday nightCredit: GETTY
    And they partied it up in the City hours after the match
    The players were all smiles as they partied the night away
    The Bayern stars seemed to enjoy themselves in a VIP section at Shoko nightclub
    And after taking their tally against the La Liga giants to a whopping 20 goals in their last five clashes, Bayern stars decided to live it up in the popular Shoko nightclub.
    Video footage of several of the squad enjoying themselves in what looked to be like a VIP area started doing the rounds on social media a few hours after the match.
    The players were, unsurprisingly, in a jovial mood after their demolition of the Catalans.
    Footy fans were quick to comment, with one saying: “Bayern making sure Barca pay for what [Lionel] Messi did to [Jerome] Boateng.”
    READ MORE BAYERN MUNICH NEWS
    Another said: “Well deserved.”
    And another said: “That’s a violation.”
    And another said: “Bayern regularly embarrass Barca.”
    Goals from Sadio Mane, Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting and Benjamin Pavard saw Bayern claim top spot in Group C.
    Most read in Football
    JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)
    It also condemned Barcelona to another stint of Europa League football.
    After the match, Xavi said: “We have to face the reality.
    “I already said that we have to grow little by little and today there were good things.
    “Today we did not compete on their level. In Munich, we were better, but today we didn’t compete.
    Read More on The Sun
    “Today Bayern was better. Just as we were better in Munich and we should have won, today they were better.
    “The group was very complicated and everything happened to us in the Champions League.” More

  • in

    Meet Hollywood A-lister Brad Pitt’s stunning model ex Nicole Poturalski who is dating Dortmund star Nico Schulz

    NICO SCHULZ may be a defender by trade, but that has not stopped him from scoring off the pitch. The Borussia Dortmund star is dating the stunning ex of Brad Pitt, Nicole Poturalski.
    Nicole Poturalski alongside Nico SchulzCredit: Instagram nico.potur
    The pair went public with their relationship earlier this yearCredit: Instagram @nico.potur
    Nicole is a model from PolandCredit: Instagram nico.potur
    She often teases her 214,000 followers in skimpy outfitsCredit: Instagram nico.potur
    Following her split from Pitt, who is set to star in a film produced by Lewis Hamilton’s new company, Nicole has revealed she is dating Schulz.
    As reported by the Daily Star, it is unknown when Nicole and Schulz first met.
    However, they became an official couple back in March.
    And they appeared to be deeply smitten with each other over the summer with pics of their holiday to Greece a recurring feature on her feed.
    READ MORE ON FOOTBALL
    The fashion model has an Instagram following of 214,000 and loves to pose in teasing snaps.
    Many pics see her donning skimpy outfits and lingerie sets.
    Nicole, 29, grabbed the headlines in Schulz’s native Germany recently with a striking outfit at the Tribute for Bambi.
    The Pole was first linked with Hollywood star Pitt in late 2020.
    Most read in Football
    FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
    The pair met at the 2019 premiere for Once Upon A Time in Hollywood, with them being snapped a year later while at Pitt’s French Chateau.
    But the relationship never really took off, with a source close to the couple saying: “It was never all that serious as it was cracked up to be.”
    Brad Pitt visited Lewis Hamilton in the F1 Paddock during the US Grand PrixCredit: Getty
    The model kept her fans up to date with snaps from her Greek holidayCredit: Instagram nico.potur
    Schulz was a regular feature on Nicole’s Instagram over the summerCredit: Instagram @nico.potur More

  • in

    Ex-Celtic star Jeremie Frimpong ‘lined up by Premier League giants Manchester United’ as shock January transfer target

    JEREMIE FRIMPONG has reportedly been lined up for a stunning move to the Premier League.Manchester United have been rumoured to be keeping an eye on the former City defender.
    Frimpong scored a double against Shalke earlier this month
    Frimpong joined Celtic back in 2019 under the rule of former boss Neil Lennon.
    The Dutch defender arrived at Parkhead with great promise after leaving the highly-rated Manchester City academy.
    And the youngster won everything there was to win in Scotland, claiming the Premiership title, the Scottish Cup and the League Cup.
    He even won the fans’ young player of the year award in 2020 for his performances in the green and white.
    He was then sold to Bayer Leverkusen for a cool £11.5 million in the summer of 2021 on a four year deal.
    But now his form in Germany has seen him linked with a footballing giant.
    Man U are now reportedly lining up a move for the Dutch defender, according to Sky Sports.
    They reckon that Red Devils boss Erik Ten Hag has Frimpong ‘on his radar’ as they look to strengthen in the right-back slot.
    Most read in Football
    Currently, England international Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Diego Dalot have occupied that position.
    But with their lacklustre form, the Old Trafford side may be looking at other options in the January transfer window.
    Meanwhile, former Hoops boss Neil Lennon is ‘interested’ in the Northern Ireland job after they sacked Ian Baraclough yesterday.
    The former Celtic boss was shown the door by Omonia as the club blamed “competitive instability” over the last few months for their decision.
    But he is tipped to make a quick return to management.
    Scotland hero Alan Rough insists the former Hibs man is interested in taking over his national team.

    Speaking on the PLZ Football Show, he said: “They have a ready made replacement waiting in Neil Lennon. It remains to be seen whether he fancies it.
    “I’ve heard he is interested in it, yeah. He’s interested but it doesn’t mean he’s going to get it.”
    Keep up to date with ALL the latest news and transfers at the Scottish Sun football page More

  • in

    Bayern Munich shortlist Harry Kane as a ‘serious contender’ for transfer if Tottenham star decides not to renew contract

    BAYERN MUNICH have reportedly made Harry Kane a “serious contender” as a top transfer target should he decide not renew his contract.The striker, who is closing in on becoming England’s all-time top scorer, has been in red-hot form for Tottenham this term.
    Fresh transfer rumours regarding Bayern Munich’s pursuit of Harry Kane have emergedCredit: Getty
    He goes into tonight’s showdown against Manchester United at Old Trafford with ten goals and two assists to his name already with Spurs third in the Premier League.
    The 29-year-old tried to force through a move to Manchester City just over a year ago but Spurs dug their heels in and kept their talisman.
    He was then linked with Bayern during the recent summer window, but once again Tottenham refused to do business and insisted that the star was going nowhere.
    However, speculation continues to rumble on over Kane’s future due to his contract ending in 2024.
    READ MORE FOOTBALL NEWS
    He would then be able to move abroad and leave for nothing, which could force Antonio Conte’s side to cash in at the end of this season rather than risk losing him on a free.
    A fresh report from Sky Germany is now claiming that Bayern are ready and waiting to swoop if no new deal is signed as they assessed recent transfer rumours regarding the Bundesliga giants.
    It also adds that Kane could be interested in order to achieve his ambition of winning silverware.
    The superstar, who is yet to make a decision on an extension, was asked ahead of last week’s Champions League match with Eintracht Frankfurt about the Bayern speculation.
    Most read in Football
    HOW TO GET FREE BETS ON FOOTBALL
    He said: “I’m focusing on Tottenham Hotspur and trying to do our best.
    “For sure Bayern are a top, top club but all my concentration is on Tottenham.” More

  • in

    Real Madrid interested in Alphonso Davies transfer from Bayern Munich with contract running out in 2025

    REAL MADRID are reportedly interested in signing Bayern Munich full-back Alphonso Davies.The 21-year-old Canadian international broke through in 2019 and has gone on to earn 127 appearances at the club.
    Davies is being linked with a move away from Bayern MunichCredit: Getty
    He has already won four Bundesliga titles with the German champions and penned a two-year extension in 2020 to keep him at the club until 2025.
    But according to Marca, Real have identified him as one of their major transfer targets.
    In response to a fan linking fellow Bayern man Joshua Kimmich to Los Blancos, journalist Jose Felix Diaz responded by insisting Davies is a more likely acquisition.
    Speaking on Twitch, he said: “From Bayern, the name they have most in mind is Davies.”
    READ MORE IN FOOTBALL
    Jude Bellingham is still thought to be Real’s main target over the coming 12 months.
    And they are also focused on tying existing stars Karim Benzema, Luka Modric and Toni Kroos down to new deals.
    But aside from those goings on, Davies is high up on their agenda of potential deals.
    That is despite a turbulent couple of years for the youngster – who can play as a left winger in addition to his usual left-back role.
    Most read in Football
    FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
    Davies, who has been capped 32 times by Canada, suffered an ankle injury in 2020 which kept him out for nearly two months.
    He then contracted Covid at the beginning of this year, with Bayern subsequently discovering he had developed a heart issue – mild myocarditis.
    Then during the Bundesliga side’s 2-2 draw with Borussia Dortmund last weekend, he sustained a cranial injury which saw him substituted at half-time.
    He subsequently missed their win over Viktoria Plzen in the Champions League on Wednesday. More

  • in

    Chelsea join Liverpool in Konrad Laimer transfer race as they plot sensational triple raid on RB Leipzig

    CHELSEA want to sign Konrad Laimer in a triple raid of RB Leipzig next summer, according to reports.The Blues have agreed to pay Christopher Nkunku’s £53million release clause – with the Frenchman undergoing a secret medical last month.
    Konrad Laimer is on Chelsea’s radarCredit: Willie Vass
    Christopher Nkunku and Josko Gvardiol are both on Chelsea’s radarCredit: Getty
    They are also keen to sign 20-year-old RB Leipzig defender Josko Gvardiol – having bid £80m for the Croatian during the summer.
    According to Bild, Chelsea are now hunting a THIRD RB Leipzig star in an almost unprecedented raid.
    They claim that the Blues are eager to sign midfielder Laimer on a free transfer.
    Laimer, 25, is set to be out of contract at the end of the season and has no desire to sign an extension.
    READ MORE IN CHELSEA
    Bayern Munich tried to sign him during the summer, with former RB Leipzig boss Julian Nagelsmann eager to reunite with the Austrian.
    The Bundesliga champions bid around £21m for Laimer, although RB Leipzig refused to budge from their £26m valuation.
    Bayern are still keen to do a deal next year, but Chelsea could have an ace up their sleeve.
    The Blues are set to appoint Christopher Vivell as their new technical director.
    Most read in Football
    HOW TO GET FREE BETS ON FOOTBALL
    Vivell worked at RB Leipzig before being sacked following a meeting with Chelsea – and could play a key role in convincing Laimer to join.
    Liverpool may also be in the mix, having previously shown an interest in Laimer.
    Blues owner Todd Boehly has already spent over £250m on transfers since buying the club from Roman Abramovich earlier this year – with the lavish splurge set to continue in 2023. More

  • in

    Chelsea owner Boehly ‘regularly meets RB Leipzig chief for coffee in London as Blues target Nkunku & Gvardiol transfers’

    CHELSEA owner Todd Boehly regularly meets RB Leipzig chief Oliver Mintzlaff for coffee in London, according to reports.The Blues appear keen to shop in Germany with a deal already in place to sign RB Leipzig star Christopher Nkunku.
    Todd Boehly is keen to build a relationship with RB LeipzigCredit: AFP
    Oliver Mintzlaff is ‘Head of Red Bull Soccer’Credit: AFP
    Christopher Nkunku is set to join Chelsea next summerCredit: Getty
    Josko Gvardiol is wanted by ChelseaCredit: Getty
    And over the summer Chelsea were interested in Josko Gvardiol but the Bundesliga side rejected their advances, however they are expected to go back in for him in the near future.
    Boehly reportedly wants to build a relationship between the West Londoners and the German outfit.
    Deals have already been done between the two clubs regarding Timo Werner and Chelsea are keen to do more.
    To help strengthen the bond between the two clubs from a business point of view the American has invited Leipzig’s CEO Mintzlaff to London twice for a meeting over a drink.
    READ MORE ON CHELSEA
    Bild report that in these meetings the transfers of Nkunku and Gvardiol have been discussed.
    The Frenchman, 24, appears set to arrive at Stamford Bridge next year for a fee of £53million and he has even undergone an early medical.
    Nkunku is a versatile attacking midfielder and has netted ten goals in 15 games this season, continuing his fine form from the last campaign where he scored a remarkable 35 times.
    As for Gvardiol, 20, the centre-back is known for being comfortable on the ball and he could cost Chelsea over £80million.
    Most read in Football
    HOW TO GET FREE BETS ON FOOTBALL
    Despite his young age he has already made 109 senior club appearances, 57 of which have been for RB Leipzig following his move from Dinamo Zagreb.
    The transfer for Nkunku is reportedly nearly all done but Gvardiol’s move requires more work.
    But Chelsea are set to appoint Christopher Vivell as their new technical director following his departure from Leipzig which may help accelerate the deal.
    Vivell is set to be in charge of scouting and transfers at Chelsea, taking over from the role left by Marina Granovskaia and Petr Cech. More