More stories

  • in

    Barcelona considering shock Aubameyang transfer return as ‘low-cost option’ just 12 months after Chelsea move

    BARCELONA are looking to re-sign Chelsea outcast Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in the summer, reports suggest.Aubameyang left Barca on transfer deadline day last August and joined the Blues following a £10m deal between the two clubs.
    Chelsea star Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang celebrated with Barcelona after El ClasicoCredit: Twitter
    Barcelona are keen to re-sign Chelsea star Pierre-Emerick AubameyangCredit: Getty
    However, the striker quickly fell down the pecking order after the dismissal of Thomas Tuchel and has since only managed 123 minutes of football without starting a single game this year.
    The Gabon international was also axed from Graham Potter’s Champions League squad after the West Londoners’ January spending spree.
    According to Mundo Deportivo, Barcelona like the idea of bringing the 33-year-old back to the Nou Camp as a “low cost option” amid their financial issues.
    This comes after Aubameyang was pictured celebrating with his former team-mates in the dressing room after their 2-1 triumph over Real Madrid in Sunday’s El Clasico.
    Read More on Chelsea
    The forward still has an excellent relationship with the Blaugrana stars, especially Ousmane Dembele with whom he played at Borussia Dortmund.
    Barcelona manager Xavi is also keen on the ex-Arsenal star as his 13 goals in 24 appearances during the second half of last season sealed Champions League qualification.
    Plus, the Spanish tactician appreciates his versatility as he can play as a winger and a centre-forward.
    The Catalan giants tried to sign Aubameyang in January but LaLiga regulations blocked a potential deal.
    Most read in Football
    But a summer deal would be likelier as Potter will need to raise funds after a busy January market.
    Plus, Chelsea will miss out on major cash if they don’t qualify for the Champions League.
    New owner Todd Boehly will want to make further additions, with RB Leipzig superstar Christopher Nkunku set to join. More

  • in

    Gerard Pique accidentally leaks Barcelona legend’s retirement aged 32 and reveals his goodbyes to squad

    GERARD PIQUE has accidentally leaked a fellow Barcelona legend’s retirement.The iconic Spanish World Cup winner, 36, announced he was hanging up his boots last year after 14 years at the Nou Camp.
    Gerard Pique has accidentally revealed the retirement of one of his old Barca palsCredit: Getty
    The former defender hung up his boots back in NovemberCredit: Getty
    The former Manchester United defender broke down in tears as he said an emotional goodbye to Barcelona fans after his final appearance on November 5 in a 2-0 win over Almeria.
    That has not kept him out of the headlines over recent months following his split from Shakira.
    And he recently broke his silence over his ex-wife’s scathing diss track with the Colombian popstar’s hit song having multiple references to him.
    Now he has hit the back pages again after scoring an own goal while live streaming by announcing Bojan Krkic’s retirement before his old team-mate had gone public with the news.
    READ MORE IN FOOTBALL
    Pique was hosting the Kings League competition, which was being streamed live on Twitch, and is contested by celebrities and former footballers.
    Bojan, 32, was one of those to take part, but fellow player Ibai Llanos remarked that the ex-Barcelona, Roma and Stoke City ace didn’t seem too excited to be involved.
    Pique responded to that remark with: “Bojan is saying goodbye on Thursday, he’s retiring at Camp Nou. I’m going to the event.”
    However, that announcement was met with complete silence and shocked faces as it soon transpired that he was not supposed to have said anything.
    Most read in Football
    BETTING SPECIAL – BEST FOOTBALL BETTING SITES IN THE UK
    Ex-striker Bojan even graced the Premier League for four years in a career that took him around the globe after previously lining-up with Lionel Messi.
    He won LaLiga four times between 2008-2011 and the Champions League twice in 2009 and 2011.
    After that he joined Ajax on loan for a season where he won Eredivisie before a permanent move to Stoke followed.
    Most recently he played for Japanese side Vissel Kobe, where he was released in December.
    Since then Bojan has continued to pursue his other sporting love of gravel cycling – although he has still not officially announced his retirement from playing.
    Pique and Bojan lined up numerous times together at the Nou CampCredit: Getty
    Former Barca forward Bojan Krkic enjoyed a stint in England with Stoke CityCredit: PA:Empics Sport More

  • in

    Barcelona star Frenkie de Jong gives bluntest statement yet revealing he will NOT complete Man Utd transfer

    FRENKIE DE JONG has confirmed that he is “very happy” Barcelona.The news comes as a blow to Manchester United, who were linked with the Dutchman for the entirety of last summer’s transfer window.
    Frenkie de Jong was strongly linked with Manchester United last summerCredit: Getty
    Old Trafford boss Erik ten Hag was keen on a reunion with De Jong, 25, after the pair previously worked together at Ajax.
    In the end a move failed to materialise, but De Jong has remained linked with a move to the Red Devils throughout the current campaign.
    However, the midfielder has ruled out an Old Trafford switch this summer.
    After helping Barcelona to victory over Real Madrid on Sunday, De Jong was asked by a Ziggo Sport reporter: “You won’t join Manchester United in the summer, correct?”
    Read More On Man Utd
    And while De Jong admitted that he could never say never, the midfielder declared that a move to Old Trafford is not on the cards.
    He replied: “No, I don’t think so. You never know of course. But I’m very happy in Barcelona.”
    De Jong’s latest comments just days after he confirmed his intentions to stay at Barca “for many years”.
    He also revealed his desire to play at the newly renovated Nou Camp, which will not be completed until the 2024-25 season.
    Most read in Football
    BETTING SPECIAL – BEST FOOTBALL BETTING SITES IN THE UK
    De Jong told TV3: “I hope I will play at the new Camp Nou.
    “Barcelona is the club of my dreams, so I plan to stay for many years.
    “It looks like it’s going to be nice. The plans for the stadium are very good.”
    De Jong has been a key figure for Barcelona this season, playing 34 games in all competitions.
    The Dutch international played all 90 minutes in Sunday’s dramatic EL Clasico victory over Real Madrid. More

  • in

    Chelsea outcast Aubameyang celebrates Barcelona’s El Clasico win in dressing room as he nears transfer exit

    CHELSEA striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang celebrated with his former Barcelona team-mates after the club’s 2-1 win over Real Madrid on Sunday.The 33-year-old, who has fallen out of favour at Stamford Bridge in recent months, posed for a selfie with Ferran Torres inside the home dressing room after the crunch clash at the Nou Camp.
    Aubameyang has fallen out of favour at ChelseaCredit: Getty
    The striker was pictured in the Barcelona dressing room on SundayCredit: Twitter
    That is despite the fact that he is still registered as a Chelsea player.
    Aubameyang has played just 123 minutes of football for the Blues so far this year.
    He was left out of Graham Potter’s Champions League squad completely following Chelsea’s January spending spree.
    And he is yet to start a game for the club in 2023.
    Read More on Chelsea
    As a result, the striker has become increasingly ostracised from the first team.
    Aubameyang, who joined Chelsea in a £10million transfer from Barcelona on transfer deadline day in September, had hoped to return to the Nou Camp during the January transfer window.
    However, an important La Liga rule stopped the move from happening.
    He is now expected to leave Stamford Bridge in the summer.
    Most read in Football
    FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
    According to transfer guru Fabrizio Romano, Aubameyang still has an excellent relationship with the Barcelona board and players as well as manager Xavi.
    The Gabon international joined Barcelona on a free transfer in January 2022 after his Arsenal contract was terminated.
    He scored 13 goals in 24 appearances for the La Liga giants during his time at the club. More

  • in

    Barcelona 2 Real Madrid 1: Kessie the hero with 92nd-minute El Clasico winner as Xavi’s troops move 12 points clear

    FRANCK KESSIE’S stoppage-time winner earned Barcelona a dramatic victory in El Clasico and put them in complete control of the LaLiga title race.Xavi’s side are 12 points clear of their greatest rivals with 12 games left and would need a monumental collapse to avoid being crowned Spanish champions for the 27th time.
    Barcelona’s Franck Kessie celebrates his 92nd minute winner in El ClasicoCredit: Reuters
    Xavi’s side are now 12 points clear at the top of La LigaCredit: Reuters
    Although they were forced to come from behind to complete this turnaround.
    After Raphinha was denied his third goal in as many outings by Thibaut Courtois, Real Madrid took the lead nine minutes in.
    Fresh from setting up Karim Benzema’s winner against Liverpool on Wednesday, Vinicius Junior claimed another assist after his cross deflected in off Ronald Araujo.
    It was only the SECOND goal Barca had conceded at home in the league all season and first since December.
    Read more on Barcelona
    Vinicius Jr’s good work gave Real Madrid a shock leadCredit: Rex
    Sergi Roberto celebrates Barcelona’s equaliserCredit: EPA
    But it’s up the other end where they’ve have been struggling in recent weeks with only three goals in four games since crashing out of Europe.
    It’s not been for the want of trying though, and here Courtois was at his best to keep the home side at bay on several occasions before the break.
    Barcelona eventually found a breakthrough on the stroke of half-time when Sergi Roberto was a cool head amongst a hectic penalty area and stroked past the Belgian.
    Rodrygo should have put Madrid back ahead just past the hour mark, while Robert Lewandowski spurned two golden chances to complete the turnaround.
    Most read in Football
    CASINO SPECIAL – BEST ONLINE CASINOS FOR 2023
    Marco Asensio thought he won it nine minutes from time, but his strike was ruled out for offside by VAR following a lengthy delay.
    And in the 92nd minute, Alejandro Balde’s low cross was turned home by Kessie to spark wild scenes at the Nou Camp. More

  • in

    Mohamed Salah’s agent speaks out on reports Liverpool star wants transfer exit amid PSG links

    MOHAMED SALAH’S agent has spoken out on sensational reports that the Liverpool star wants to leave.The Reds were this week dumped out of the Champions League with a 6-2 aggregate defeat to Real Madrid.
    A report in France had claimed that Mo Salah was considering his Liverpool futureCredit: PA
    They are also out of the FA Cup, which they won last season, and failed to retain the League Cup.
    And now they face a fight for a top four finish with their dismal campaign leaving them seven points behind fourth-placed Tottenham.
    Boss Jurgen Klopp is set for a major rebuild of his ageing squad this summer and, despite becoming Liverpool’s highest-ever paid player when recently penning a new long-term deal, rumours have mounted that Salah could be set to depart.
    With Liverpool set for a transitional summer, there have been plenty of rumours suggesting Salah could be offloaded. Paris Saint-Germain and Barcelona have both been touted as potential suitors.
    READ MORE ON FOOTBALL
    French publication Foot Mercato claims that the Egyptian forward, 30, is “increasingly considering” a move away.
    Both Paris Saint-Germain and Barcelona have been linked while this sensational report says that an unnamed Spanish club is his preferred move.
    However, after the story was shared by worried Liverpool fans on Twitter, Salah’s agent Ramy Abbas Issa quickly moved to squash the speculation.
    He tweeted: “Where did you get this from if not even Mohamed and I discussed this? Please tell us.”
    Most read in Football
    HOW TO GET FREE BETS ON FOOTBALL
    Salah, who still has two years to run on his Anfield contract, recently had his stolen Africa Cup of Nations medal recovered by police after his villa was burgled in Cairo.
    Two men have been arrested on suspicion of ransacking the footballer’s luxury Egyptian villa on March 2.
    Salah’s silver Africa Cup of Nations medal has been recovered alongside a multitude of other items stolen.
    The luxury home is worth £350,000 per week, according to Egyptian daily newspaper Al-Ahram.
    One of the alleged thieves worked as a security guard in Salah’s residential complex, according to the Egyptian Interior Ministry. More

  • in

    Barcelona offer Sergio Busquets new deal aged 34 as midfield legend mulls over FIVE free transfer offers

    BARCELONA have offered veteran Sergio Busquets a new deal amid a host of clubs being interested in his signature, according to reports. Busquets, 34, is set to leave Barcelona when his current contract expires at the end of the season.
    Sergio Busquets has been offered a new contract by BarcelonaCredit: AP
    However, the Blaugrana have offered him a year-long extension according to Mundo Deportivo.
    Although this would see his current wage significantly reduced.
    The outlet also reports as many as FIVE clubs are interested in signing the midfielder at the end of his current deal.
    Inter Miami’s interest is well known, with manager Phil Neville openly declaring the Major League Soccer Franchise’s intention to try and sign Busquets and other major stars such as Lionel Messi.
    READ MORE IN FOOTBALL
    Another North American team, Toronto FC, are another team interested in Busquets, according to Mundo Deportivo.
    The report adds interest from three teams in Saudi Arabia who also want to sign Busquets for free.
    These being Cristiano Ronaldo’s Al-Nassr, Al-Shabab and title rivals Al-Halil.
    The three teams are second, third and fourth respectively in the Saudi Pro League.
    Most read in Football
    FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
    Busquets is a product of Barcelona’s famous La Masia academy, having made his breakthrough to the first team in 2008.
    He has gone on to make well over 700 appearances, winning a plethora of trophies, including three Champions League and eight La Liga titles. More

  • in

    Barcelona looking to sell top stars including Ousmane Dembele this summer to fund transfer for Federico Chiesa

    BARCELONA are reportedly planning to sell two players in the summer in order to fund a deal for Juventus man Federico Chiesa.And France international Ousmane Dembele, 25, is understood to be one of those on his way out of the Nou Camp.
    Ousmane Dembele is being linked with a move away from Barcelona this summerCredit: Getty
    Juventus could cash in on Federico Chiesa at the end of the seasonCredit: Getty
    The former Borussia Dortmund forward was heavily linked with a move to Chelsea at the end of last season.
    But he ended up penning a new deal to keep him at Barcelona until 2024.
    Dembele, who joined for £135.5million in 2017, has registered eight goals and seven assists in the 2022/23 campaign.
    However, Calcio Mercato are reporting he is still set to be sold this summer.
    READ MORE IN FOOTBALL
    And ex-Manchester City attacker Ferran Torres is another expected to make way as Xavi attempts to cobble together the funds to sign Italian star Chiesa.
    Torres, 23, has bagged just 12 goals in 59 games for the Catalan giants.
    It is a poor return for the £50million Barcelona shelled out for him in January 2022.
    If the LaLiga leaders are successful in offloading Dembele and Torres, they will look to sign Chiesa from Juventus.
    Most read in Football
    FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
    The Serie A club were handed a 15-point deduction for a transfer scam earlier this season.
    And it means missing out on Champions League football is set to force them to sell players.
    Adrien Rabiot and Dusan Vlahoic are two stars being linked with a departure.
    Chiesa is another in danger of leaving – with Barcelona monitoring his situation.
    The former Fiorentina man, 25, has bagged 20 goals in 77 appearances for Juventus.
    He has also netted four times in 40 games for Italy.
    Barcelona’s desire to keep signing players comes after LaLiga president Javier Tebas insisted earlier this month they are effectively under a transfer ban as they will be unable to register players.
    Speaking at the FT Business of Football summit in London, Tebas said: “As of today, Barcelona doesn’t have any room in its budget to spend in the upcoming transfer window.
    “Barcelona has been involved in questionable behaviour which has had an impact on LaLiga – and we are acting accordingly.” More