More stories

  • in

    Former Chelsea star Joao Felix says he ‘has convinced’ Bernardo Silva to make Barcelona transfer from Man City

    JOAO FELIX claims he has “convinced” Portugal team-mate Bernardo Silva to join Barcelona.Manchester City star, Silva, 29, was heavily linked with a move to the Catalan giants in 2022 and last summer.Joao Felix, right, believes he has convinced Bernardo Silva, left, to join BarcelonaCredit: GettySilva’s stats in the Premier League so far this seasonIn August, he seemingly quashed any talk of a departure by signing a new deal to keep him at the Etihad until 2026.But Barcelona forward Felix, 24, has now reignited that talk by claiming he has spoken to Silva who has been asking a lot of questions about the city.Speaking to Catalunya Radio, the former Chelsea loanee said: “I think I’ve convinced Bernardo Silva to join Barca, that’s all true. But it doesn’t depend on him right now.”He asked me about places to live, places to eat, safety… everything.READ MORE IN FOOTBALL”If he comes, Barca will be delighted with Bernardo.”Silva joined Man City from Monaco in a deal worth £43million back in 2017.He has been one of Pep Guardiola’s most successful signings, racking up 345 appearances, 64 goals and 63 assists.The Portuguese playmaker has won five Premier League titles, two FA Cups, four League Cups, the Champions League and Club World Cup.Most read in FootballCASINO SPECIAL – BEST CASINO WELCOME OFFERSHow the title run-ins compareIt’s going to go right down to the wire with just one point separating the top three – but how do Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City’s run-ins compare?
    ARSENAL: Aston Villa (H), Wolves (A) Chelsea (H), Spurs (A), Bournemouth (H), Man Utd (A) and Everton (H)
    LIVERPOOL: Crystal Palace (H), Fulham (A), Everton (A), West Ham (A), Tottenham (H), Aston Villa (A), Wolves (H)
    MAN CITY: Luton (H), Brighton (A), Nottingham Forest (A), Wolves (H), Fulham (A), West Ham (H) and Tottenham (A TBC)

    On a personal level, he was also named in the PFA Team of the Year in 2019 and 2022, while he made the Champions League Team of the Season following Man City’s triumph last season.Barcelona sit eight points adrift of Real Madrid at the top of the LaLiga table with just eight games remaining.Watch Bernardo Silva change mind on Premier League title race after Sky Sports reporter corrects him mid-interview But they are into the quarter-finals of the Champions League and will travel to Paris Saint-Germain in the first leg of their tie on Wednesday.Manager Xavi has confirmed he is leaving at the end of the season, with his replacement yet to be confirmed.Hansi Flick, Mikel Arteta and Roberto De Zerbi are among the frontrunners, according to the bookies. More

  • in

    Man Utd add two little known teenagers to centre-back search if they miss out on top transfer target Jarrad Branthwaite

    MANCHESTER UNITED have identified two potential alternatives to Everton star Jarrad Branthwaite ahead of the summer transfer window.Branthwaite, 21, is among United’s top targets in their bid to strengthen at the back amid a turbulent campaign that has seen them plummet to sixth place with 11 points separating them fourth.Manchester United have scouted alternatives to Everton star Jarrad BranthwaiteCredit: GettyMan Utd have asked about figures for Boca Juniors ace Aaron AnselminoCredit: GettyBarcelona B star Mikayil Faye, who is already a Senegal international, is also target by Man UtdCredit: GettyAccording to The Mail, the Red Devils are waiting for the Toffees to set a price for the centre-back, who has been on the club’s radar for quite some time after amassing 32 impressive appearances this term.However, the Manchester giants are making contingency plans in case they miss out on the England Under-21 international.That is why United are also keeping tabs on two lesser-known young talents.The Premier League giants have asked about figures for Boca Juniors ace Aaron Anselmino, 18.Read More on Man UtdThe same request has also been made regarding Barcelona B prospect Mikayil Faye, 19.Anselmino signed his first professional contract with Boca in June but has only played seven times for the senior squad.Faye, on the other hand, also joined Barca in June and has since amassed four goals in 25 appearances for the developmental squad.The defender also registered a goal on his senior Senegal debut – his only cap to this day – despite his young age.Most read in FootballBEST FREE BET SIGN UP OFFERS FOR UK BOOKMAKERUnited are definitely going to try and sign at least one centre-back this summer.The Red Devils are also expected to look for a centre-forward, central midfielder and right-back. Inside Sir Jim Ratcliffe’s amazing lifestyleHowever, the budget will be limited due to Financial Fair Play restrictions.But Sir Jim Ratcliffe will be hoping to raise up to £100million from player sales. More

  • in

    Barcelona in race against time to appoint Europe’s hottest manager… leaving Liverpool with two different targets

    BARCELONA will battle it out with Liverpool to sign Sporting Lisbon boss Ruben Amorin.The Portuguese coach has been a top contender at the Catalan giants to replace Xavi but has impressed the Reds to succeed Jurgen Klopp at Anfield.Barcelona are in a race against time sign Sporting Lisbon boss Ruben AmorimCredit: GettyLiverpool are now targeting Amorim as Xabi Alonso has confirmed he will stay at Bayer LeverkusenCredit: AFPBecoming a popular target at a series of European clubs the Catalan giants are in a race against time to secure the 39-year-old’s signature.Barca were frontrunners to sign the Sporting Lisbon coach up until last week when it was revealed Xabi Alonso will remain at Bayer Leverkusen.The football world assumed Amorim would head to Spain and Alonso would go to either Anfield or Bayern Munich.But with Sporting’s staggering release clause of £11.1m nothing had yet been confirmed with the Catalan giants.READ MORE IN FOOTBALLLiverpool always saw Amorim as their second choice and the Reds have the upper hand in talks as his agent – Raul Costa – is also a representative of Reds winger and Colombian international Luis Diaz.SunSport understands that the Merseysiders have been in contact with Costa on several occasions this campaign in an attempt to sound out Amorim.Amorim joined Sporting in 2020, and signed a new four-year deal back in 2022, but the club acknowledge he is a manager in demand across Europe for his work in Portugal.Sporting ended their 19-year wait for a league title under Amorim in 2021, and have lifted successive league cups in 2021 and 2022.Most read in FootballBEST FREE BET SIGN UP OFFERS FOR UK BOOKMAKERMeanwhile, it is understood that the recent appointment of Michael Edwards and Richard Hughes in technical roles had brought some change to the Anfield club’s thinking.Brighton’s Roberto De Zerbi and Inter Milan’s Simone Inzaghi are among those on an expanded list at Anfield.Liverpool preparing transfer for ‘next Mo Salah’ but face competition for £51m Eintracht Frankfurt star Julian Nagelsmann is also being considered by a series of clubs after it has been made know the German national team boss is open to going back to club football after Euro 2024.Brighton’s Roberto De Zerbi is also on the Reds radar to replace KloppCredit: AFPInter Milan manager Simone Inzaghi is also being targeted by LiverpoolCredit: GettyJulian Nagelsmann could be an option if he chooses to return to club football next seasonCredit: Getty More

  • in

    Ex-Chelsea star Marcos Alonso ‘agrees free transfer to Euro giant after being told Barcelona career is over’

    EX-CHELSEA star Marcos Alonso has been told his Barcelona career is over.And the left-back is set to move to one of the Catalan club’s greatest rivals.Alonso’s Barca career appears to be overCredit: GettyAlonso, 33, has featured rarely for Barcelona this season, making just seven appearances in total.He joined the reigning Spanish champions from Chelsea in 2022.The club told Alonso they will not be renewing the player’s contract at the end of the season and he will again be a free agent.According to Spanish outlet Cadena Ser, an agreement exists for Atletico Madrid to sign the player on a free.READ MORE ON FOOTBALLAlonso has struggled with injury this season and will face an uphill battle to prove his fitness at Atletico.He underwent surgery to improve a lumbar problem in January and was only discharged in March.Should Alonso make the move, he would be following in the footsteps of his father, Marcos Sr, who also played for Atletico and Barca.Sadly, Alonso’s father passed away in February last year.Most read in FootballCASINO SPECIAL – BEST CASINO WELCOME OFFERSAlonso came through Real Madrid’s youth academy and should he make the move to Atletico would be one of the few players to play for Spain’s big three: Barca, Real and Atletico.Alonso left Madrid to join Bolton, he then joined Fiorentina before spending some time on loan at Sunderland.Inside Chelsea flop Mateja Kezman’s amazing mountain resort in Serbia He’s best known for his spell at Chelsea, where he played 212 games, scoring 29 goals and registering 21 assists. More

  • in

    Seven clubs Kalvin Phillips could join next including Leeds and European giants as Man City eye cut-price transfer

    KALVIN PHILLIPS’ nightmare loan spell at West Ham is going from bad to worse.The Manchester City loanee, 28, suffered a horror debut back in February as his error gifted Bournemouth the opening goal in a 1-1 draw.Kalvin Phillips has been poor since arriving at West Ham on loan in JanuaryCredit: GettyOne possible destination for Phillips could be a return to LeedsCredit: ReutersHe then made another mistake three days later, losing possession as Manchester United scored their third in a 3-0 win.He was brought on for 45 minutes in the humbling 6-0 defeat to Arsenal, before he was sent off for two yellow cards in three minutes against Nottingham Forest.And on Saturday, with West Ham leading 3-1 away at Newcastle, he gifted the hosts a way back into the game by fouling Anthony Gordon and conceding a penalty.Newcastle went on to win the game 4-3.READ MORE IN FOOTBALLHis poor performances have also culminated in him being dropped from Gareth Southgate’s England squad for the recent friendlies against Brazil and Belgium.And with his form showing no sign of improvement, it leaves his future beyond the end of the season totally unclear.So where will Phillips be at the start of the 2024/25 campaign?Here are seven possible destinations for the midfielder in the summer as Man City prepare to offload him for a cut-price of £30million.Most read in FootballBEST FREE BET SIGN UP OFFERS FOR UK BOOKMAKERWest HamWest Ham do not have an option-to-buy clause in Phillips’ loan deal, but could still seek to make his move permanent in the summer.That is despite him showing few signs of improving David Moyes’ side, with the Englishman currently having accumulated more red cards than goal contributions since arriving in East London.’He’s wasting his time playing’ – Ex-Premier League referee bizarrely tears into Kalvin Phillips for getting sent off LeedsPerhaps the most likely move for Phillips is a return to his boyhood club Leeds – providing they secure promotion back to the Premier League.He left Elland Road for Man City in 2022, but would undoubtedly be welcomed back with open arms to the place where he made his name.Phillips played 234 games for Leeds and was pivotal in helping them win the second tier in 2020.JuventusItalian giants Juventus were heavily linked with a move for Phillips in the January window, before they pulled out of the deal due to his financial demands.But they could yet return for him in the summer if Man City are prepared to get rid for just £30m.NewcastleNewcastle lost out to West Ham in their pursuit of Phillips at the start of the year.But with Eddie Howe set to dip into the transfer market in the summer following a dismal campaign, Phillips could yet move back to the top of the Toon’s transfer wishlist.Bayern MunichBayern Munich have already shown a desire to bring in English players from the Premier League with Harry Kane and Eric Dier both making the switch over the last 12 months.Phillips could be the next Three Lions star to join the German giants – particularly if Joshua Kimmich does not sign a new contract and is sold by the Bundesliga club.BarcelonaBarcelona were another of the huge European clubs touted with a move for Phillips in January.And they have endured a midfield injury crisis this season – with Gavi, Pedri and Frenkie de Jong all sidelined.Could Phillips be the answer to their problems?READ MORE SUN STORIESAtletico MadridLike Barcelona, Atletico Madrid were also in the frame for Phillips during the mid-season window.Manager Diego Simeone’s style of play could well fit the ex-Leeds man perfectly should he be open to a LaLiga move. More

  • in

    Chelsea given massive boost in £65m transfer pursuit of Brazil wonderkid dubbed ‘Messinho’ as Barcelona pull out of race

    CHELSEA have been boosted by Barcelona’s decision to pull out of the race to sign Estevao Willian, according to reports.The wonderkid, 16, has attracted interest from Stamford Bridge.Estevao Willian has been dubbed ‘Messinho’Credit: RexBarcelona have also been linked with the Brazilian starlet, but are now set to move in another direction.According to Spanish paper Sport, Barca will not move for the winger, dubbed “Messinho”, as they are trying to build the perfect environment around Lamine Yamal.Yamal, also 16, has already emerged as one of the Catalan giants’ best players.As Willian is the same age and plays in the same position, club chiefs feel that bringing him in could harm Yamal’s development.READ MORE IN FOOTBALLHis club Palmeiras are set to demand at least £51million for his services.And it could even take as much as £65m to prise him away.It’s claimed that 70 per cent of any transfer fee will go to Palmeiras, with the remaining 30 pocketed by the player’s entourage.Willian would not be allowed to join his next club until he turns 18 in April 2025.Most read in FootballBEST FREE BET SIGN UP OFFERS FOR UK BOOKMAKERHe has so far made six senior appearances for his club, and also starred for Brazil at the Under-17 World Cup last year.The wonderkid has played alongside Selecao star Endrick, who scored the winner against England at Wembley last month.Simon Jordan slams ‘pathetic’ Chelsea fans for criticising Todd Boehly Endrick will join Real Madrid from Palmeiras when he turns 18 in July.Chelsea have made a habit of recruiting Brazilian wonderkids since Todd Boehly’s arrival in 2022.The Blues have swooped for Andrey Santos, Angelo Gabriel and Deivid Washington in recent seasons.Willian, 16, starred at the Under-17 World Cup last yearCredit: EPA More

  • in

    Saudi side look set to continue mega-money spending spree as Al-Hilal ‘target £86MILLION for former Leeds forward’

    AL-HILAL are chasing former Leeds star Raphinha, according to reports.The Saudi Pro League side forked out over £300million on new signings last summer.Raphinha has been linked with a Barcelona exitCredit: RexTheir most high profile acquisition was Neymar, who arrived in a £77.6m deal from Paris Saint-Germain.While they also signed the likes of Aleksandar Mitrovic, Ruben Neves, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Kalidou Koulibaly, Renan Lodi and Malcom.According to Spanish outlet Sport, Al-Hilal are targeting a big-money swoop for Raphinha.They add that the Saudi side are willing to splash £86m on the Barcelona star.READ MORE IN FOOTBALLAl-Hilal could go “all out” for Raphinha, who may be available as Barca look to ease their financial woes.The Brazilian joined the Catalan giants from Leeds in a £57m deal in the summer of 2022.He has so far played 78 times for Barca, scoring 15 goals and laying on 22 assists.This season he has been limited to 12 LaLiga starts, having suffered with muscular injuries.Most read in FootballBEST FREE BET SIGN UP OFFERS FOR UK BOOKMAKERLast night he was in action for Brazil at Wembley, as the Samba Boys beat England 1-0.He played 78 minutes at the national stadium before being replaced by Savio.Watch Raphinha PUNCH Marcos Alonso’s seat repeatedly in meltdown after Barcelona star is subbed against Man UtdRaphinha, 27, has also been linked with a Prem return this season.Back in November it was claimed that Newcastle and Chelsea are keen.While Tottenham were also claimed to be showing an interest. More

  • in

    Man Utd ‘send scouts to watch Barcelona wonderkid, 19, score screamer on international duty’ to bolster shaky defence

    MANCHESTER UNITED sent scouts to watch Barcelona defender Mikayil Faye score a stunner on his Senegal debut on Friday night as they line up a potential summer transfer.The centre-back, 19, is yet to feature for Barcelona’s first-team but his performances for their B side have already earned him a national team call-up.Mikayil Faye is being linked with a move to Manchester UnitedCredit: GettyHe lined up in a back three as Senegal claimed a comfortable 3-0 victory in the friendly.And Faye, who has three goals for Barcelona B, produced a remarkable moment of magic on the stroke of half-time.The ball came out to him 30 yards from goal and his wonderful left-footed strike flew into the top corner to double Senegal’s lead.According to The Mail, Man Utd have been following his progress for three months.READ MORE IN FOOTBALLThe youngster, who can play as a left-back or centre-half, joined Barcelona from NK Kustosija in Croatia one year ago.But Man Utd face an uphill task if they are to tempt Barcelona to sell Faye.The LaLiga champions rejected £13million offers from Nice and Lens in January – with their asking price believed to be in the region of £25m.However, that has not deterred interest from some top clubs.Most read in FootballCASINO SPECIAL – BEST CASINO WELCOME OFFERSBayer Leverkusen and Inter Milan are two sides understood to be keen on the defender.Leverkusen could prove to be the biggest challengers to Erik ten Hag’s men as they are keen to bolster their squad in the summer to help keep manager Xabi Alonso and give him a real chance of competing in the Champions League.Sir Jim Ratcliffe, 71, needs a PB in London Marathon if he’s to make Man Utd’s FA Cup semi-final after kick-off switchBut Man Utd could yet land the Senegal international – who would provide much-needed defensive cover.Ten Hag has been hampered by injuries at left-back and centre-back this season – most notably Luke Shaw, Tyrell Malacia and Lisandro Martinez. More