More stories

  • in

    Stuart Pearce health update after England legend fell ill on LA flight forcing it to make emergency landing

    LEGENDARY former footballer Stuart Pearce is in good spirits while he recovers from a recent health scare.The England icon and former gaffer fell ill during a flight from Las Vegas to London Heathrow on Monday.Stuart Pearce is reportedly in good spirits after he suffered a medical emergency on a plane at 30,000ftCredit: The SunTalksport’s chief football commentator Sam Matterface today provided an update on the charismatic hardman’s condition.“I spoke to him yesterday, he was in great spirits,” Matterface said.“He isn’t 100 per cent – that is definitely the case.“But he’s in the right place in the hospital. They’re dealing with it.read more in football“He’s a little bit disappointed about not being here today. He actually said to me, ‘I’ve got so much I’ve had to cancel. Great games and Mumford and Sons are playing next Wednesday night and I can’t go!’Stuart’s flight had to be diverted to St John’s in Canada where he was rushed to a nearby hospital after falling ill.Virgin Atlantic crew had hooked up the Three Lions hero and talkSPORT pundit, 62, to a monitor 10,000 feet as shocked passengers looked on.The 62-year-old had jetted into Vegas to watch his beloved Warrington Wolves play Wigan Warriors.Most read in FootballA source previously said: “Stuart’s pains appeared to be getting worse as the flight continued.“He was constantly shifting position in his seat to try and find some comfort.“It was very clear the situation was serious.“The crew and other passengers trained in first aid were marvellous.“He received the best available care in the circumstances and was so grateful to everyone involved, and for the plane diverting to Canada.”The remaining 225 passengers were later flown to Heathrow, arriving at 6.15pm on Monday — six hours later than scheduled. More

  • in

    SPFL side launch probe and apologise after ‘unfavourable content’ featuring Only Fans star shared on club’s X account

    IT’S set to be another busy day in Scottish football, with action in the second, third and fourth tier and a Scottish Cup quarter-final too.But the social media admin of one SPFL club clearly had something other than the football on his mind earlier today. An SPFL account has apologised and launched a probe into ‘unfavourable’ content posted on its X accountCredit: RexThe club also hit out at some of the negative reaction towards members of their media teamCredit: Kenny RamsayThe official account of League Two side Clyde on X were caught reposting a picture from an Only Fans starThe official account of League Two outfit Clyde on X, formerly Twitter, was seen reposting content from an adult star on Saturday morning. The post was quickly removed from the Clyde account, and the club later produced a statement on the incident.It said: “We’re aware of some unfavourable content that was shared on the club’s X account early this morning. “Needless to say, this content does not reflect the views of the club.”A full investigation is currently underway into the source of this activity.”We also strongly condemn the personal abuse that has been aimed at members of the media team this morning, in particular, those without access to the club’s X account.”The adult star in question was Only Fans creator Sophie Rain, who had posted a suggestive photo and caption. And the Clyde account’s action didn’t go unnoticed by one of their rivals, as fellow fourth tier team Peterhead posted a screenshot of the unusual post.Most read in FootballThe Peterhead account said: “Someone’s admin has clearly run out of their Valentine’s love.”Clyde are in League Two action at 3pm as they host league leaders East Fife. Kris Boyd on the Rangers player who is ‘miles off it’ and should be droppedMeanwhile, Scottish Championship promotion hopefuls Falkirk have delivered a huge vote of confidence to their management team. The League One champions last term are on track for back-to-back promotions as they lead the second tier’s title race by three points over Scott Brown’s Ayr United. And the Bairns have decided to reward their management team for their good work. That’s as they have handed boss John McGlynn and assistant Paul Smith bumper contract renewals until 2029.Keep up to date with ALL the latest news and transfers at the Scottish Sun football page More

  • in

    Nottingham Forest and Man City fans pay emotional tribute to Stuart Pearce after England legend’s health scare on flight

    NOTTINGHAM FOREST and Man City fans sent an emotional message of support to Stuart Pearce after the England great’s health scare.The Sun revealed on Friday that Pearce had suffered a medical emergency onboard a trans-Atlantic flight, forcing it to make an emergency landing in Canada.Stuart Pearce suffered a health scare onboard a trans-Atlantic flightCredit: GettyFans paid tribute to the legend of the game on the third minuteCredit: GettyFans applauded their former starCredit: TNT SPORTSFans held up a banner in support of their heroCredit: AFP or licensorsDuring Saturday’s lunchtime kick off between Forest and City – two of Pearce’s former clubs – supporters stood for a round of applause in the third minute.’Get well Stuart’ was displayed on the big screen at the City Ground, and the TNT Sports commentators also paid tribute to the legendary defender.Fans in the stands also displayed a banner showing support for the hero.Pearce, 62, wore the number three for many of his former clubs and when playing for the Three Lions too.READ MORE ON FOOTBALLThe icon of the English game played some 460 times for Forest, winning to League Cups with the club.While he also managed the historic club for 32 games between 2014 and 2015.It was Manchester City where he ended his incredible career, playing just one season with the Cityzens and making 43 appearances.He then took charge City in his first ever managerial role, seeing the club through 97 games between 2005 and 2007.Most read in FootballStuart Pearce spent most of his career as a Nottingham Forest playerCredit: GettyHe played out his final season as a pro with Manchester CityCredit: News Group Newspapers LtdForests official X account also tweeted “Psycho” with a love heart on the third minute, a tribute to Pearce’s nickname during his playing days.Pearce, who represented England 78 times, was taken to hospital after his mid-air scare and is now recovering. Tony Cascarino & Stuart Pearce recall hilarious memories during Irish Sun’s Goals Live eventStaff on the Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner checked him constantly and decided to change course to land at St John’s in Canada early on Monday.Medics rushed on board and took the former Nottingham Forest defender to hospital.He and his partner had been in the economy section of Flight VS156 that left the US at 8.45pm last Sunday.A source said: “Stuart’s pains appeared to be getting worse as the flight continued.“He was constantly shifting position in his seat to try and find some comfort.“It was very clear the situation was serious. The crew and other passengers trained in first aid were marvellous.“He received the best available care in the circumstances and was so grateful to everyone involved, and for the plane diverting to Canada.”READ MORE SUN STORIESA Virgin Atlantic spokesperson said last night: “Due to an unwell customer on board, the VS156 on March 2 flying from Las Vegas to London Heathrow diverted to St John’s International Airport, Canada, and was met by the medical services.“The safety and well-being of our customers and crew is always our number one priority and we apologise for the delay to our customers’ journey.” More

  • in

    Sidemen Charity Match 2025 player numbers: Who is wearing what shirt number for Sidemen FC vs YouTube Allstars clash?

    THE Sidemen group are expected to fill out Wembley TODAY as they take on a host of YouTube’s biggest names. It’s the sixth edition of the charity match, with the the Sidemen having visited many stadiums around England – in West Ham’s London Stadium last time out. KSI has played in all Sidemen charity matchesCredit: PAYouTube sensation, Speed, has chosen the number of his football idolCredit: PA WireIt’s expected that the national stadium’s 90,000 capacity will be packed out, with tickets selling out in just THREE HOURS. The Sidemen are taking on the YouTube Allstars, and currently hold a 4-1 record in five matches, ranging back to 2016.SIDEMEN CHARITY MATCH LIVE – LATEST UPDATES Ahead of the game, the shirt numbers were released with some big names donning some top numbers. READ MORE IN SIDEMENHere are the shirt numbers for both sides: Sidemen 0 – JME 1 – Logan Paul4 – Zerkaa 7 – Miniminter8 – George Clarkey 9 – Joe Weller 11 – Callux 12 – XQC 14 – Lazarbream 17 – Randolph 19 – KSI 21 – TBJZL 24 – Mark Rober 25 – Behzinga 27 – Manny 77 – Wroetoshaw 99 – Jasontheween123 – VikkstarYouTube Allstars 1 – Sketch 2 – Willne3 – Kai Cenat 5 – Max Fosh7 – Speed 10 – ChrisMD13 – AngryGinge 14 – Theo Baker 17 – CarryMinati21 – Chunkz22 – Fanum25 – Lachlan 27 – Danny Aarons66 – Stable Ronaldo67 – Jynxzi69 – Niko999 – Deji 23 – Mr Beast More

  • in

    Sidemen Charity Match 2025 EXACT time – what time is huge game kicking off today?

    YOUTUBE group the Sidemen will take on YouTube Allstars in a HUGE charity match at Wembley Stadium.The game has been a proven hit in the past, taking the game from Southampton, Charlton and the London Stadium to Wembley.The Sidemen are some of the most famous people in the UKCredit: Anthony Stanley/WENNIShowSpeed played at the charity match in 2023Credit: Kieran Cleeves/PA WireYouTube Allstars have only one win against Sidemen FC, back in 2017, but the games are usually high scoring, entertaining matches.The YouTube group puts on the event to raise money for charity.SIDEMEN CHARITY MATCH LIVE – LATEST UPDATES What times does the Sidemen Charity Match kick-off?Sidemen FC will take on the YouTube Allstars at 3pm GMT on Saturday, March 8.Read more FootballHow to watch Sidemen FC vs YouTube Allstars?The big match is live on the Sidemen YouTube channel, as it has been in previous years.Coverage on the Sidemen’s YouTube channel begins at 2.10pm.The match will take place at Wembley Stadium in London.Who is playing in the Sidemen Charity Match?Sidemen FC:Olajide Olatunji aka KSISimon Minter aka MiniminterTobi Brown aka TBJZLJoshua Bradley aka ZerkaaHarry Lewis aka W2SVikram Barn aka VikkstarEthan Payne aka BehzingaJMELogan PaulGeorge ClarkeyJoe WellerCalluxXQCLazarbeamRandolphMark RoberMannyJasontheweenManager: CalfreezyYouTube AllstarsMost read in FootballSketchWillNEKai CenatMax FoshIShowSpeedChrisMDAngryGingeTheo BakerCarryminatiChunkzFanum3LachlanDanny AaronsStable RonaldoJynxziNiko OmilanaDejiMr BeastManager: TheBurntChipAre there still tickets available for the Sidemen Charity Match?In short, no, tickets are now officially sold out on the Sidemen FC website.Despite upgrading to the 90,000 seater stadium, the YouTube sensations had no problem selling out the match. More

  • in

    ‘Bro you don’t look like me, you’re very ugly’ – Cristiano Ronaldo takes issue with lookalike fan at Al-Nassr match

    CRISTIANO RONALDO sensationally called a lookalike an “ugly” version of himself.A CR7 doppelganger captured the eyes of Al-Nassr fans ahead of their Saudi Pro League clash with Al-Shabab on Friday night.A Cristiano Ronaldo lookalike was in attendance for Al-Nassr’s clash with Al-ShababRonaldo, 40, was quick to tell the man that he doesn’t look like himThe five-time Ballon d’Or winner jokingly called his doppelganger fan “ugly”The unidentified man played up his resemblance to the footie icon by styling his hair the same way and wearing a Portugal top.He soon came to the attention of Ronaldo, who took time out of his warm-up to speak to him.The 40-year-old said: “Bro, you don’t look like me. You don’t look like me.”And as he retreated to continue warming up, he jokingly said: “You are very ugly.”READ MORE SPORTS NEWSFootage of the incident went viral, and footie fans around the world couldn’t help but comment.One said: “Ronaldo is funny, man.”Another said: ” Does that mean Ronaldo called himself ugly?”And another said: “Ronaldo keeping it real.”Most read in FootballJOIN SUN VEGAS: GET £50 BONUSOne remarked: “I guess when you’re the GOAT, even the jokes are on another level! At least the fan got a story to tell for life!”Another chimed in: “I love his sense of humor hehe. Bro made his day…smiling, shining.”Cristiano Ronaldo explodes in fit of fury after £64million signing Jhon Duran gets sent off for SLAPPING rivalAl Nassr were on course to run out 2-1 winners thanks to goals from Ayman Yahya and Ronaldo, the latter of whom has now found the back of the net 26 times this campaign.But Mohammed Al Shwirekh made sure the spoils were shared with a 67th-minute equaliser.Ronado and his Al-Nassr team-mates will be back in action on Monday night, hosting Esteghal FC in the second-leg of their AFC Champions League last 16 tie. More

  • in

    Mikel Arteta holds talks with Myles Lewis-Skelly to stop him being a ‘liability’ after Arsenal star lucky to avoid red

    MIKEL ARTETA has held talks with Myles Lewis-Skelly over how to avoid being a ‘liability”.The Arsenal rookie, 18, has been sent off twice this year.Myles Lewis-Skelly has been a revelation for Arsenal since breaking into the first teamCredit: GETTYThe 18-year-old has shown skill and composure well beyond his yearCredit: REUTERSHe’s only shown some rashness with his challengesCredit: REXGunners boss Mikel Arteta is keen not to let the youngster become a “liability”Credit: GETTYAnd defender MLS was subbed after 35 minutes of Tuesday’s 7-1 mauling of PSV Eindhoven when he escaped a second yellow card for a rash challenge.Ahead of tomorrow’s trip to Manchester United, boss Arteta revealed: “We spoke one-on-one today, when the dust settled, and we talked openly.“It was quite clear that we had a liability there, with the yellow card and the next action.”The line is really thin in the sport, and he needs to understand that. READ MORE SPORTS NEWS”What can we learn from that situation? “What are the things that we have to try to avoid without losing his essence?“He is a superb player. He has attitude, he has courage, what he transmits — certainly we have to maintain that.“It’s just about understanding the risk and rewards.Most read in FootballJOIN SUN VEGAS: GET £50 BONUSArsenal ratings vs PSV as Nwaneri comes of age in Champions League drubbing but rash Lewis-Skelly is hooked earlyARSENAL steamrolled a hapless PSV side to all-but book their place in the Champions League quarter-finals.The Gunners started without a recognised striker once again but unlike at Nottingham Forest last week, goals were not a problem in Eindhoven.A quick-fire double from Jurrien Timber and Ethan Nwaneri around the 20th minute put the Gunners in control in what was an assured display.Every Arsenal player impressed and they were clinical with their finishing.Only Myles Lewis-Skelly will feel a little disappointed as he was hooked after half an hour to avoid him picking up a second yellow.It was a shame as the youngster was performing well on the ball – he played a key role in the build-up to the opening goal.But he could not be trusted by Mikel Arteta after he dived and caught his man with a challenge that could easily have resulted in a second booking.It was another careless moment that allowed PSV back into the match as Thomas Partey conceded a penalty that was converted on the stroke of half-time.But the Gunners did not rest on their laurels and came out racing after the break, scoring twice in two minutes to put the match, and the tie, to bed.Here is how SunSport’s Kealan Hughes rated the Gunners’ display…“Those ones when you make that mistake and you mistime it, the consequences are terrible.”To learn when you have won, that is much better, believe me, for your confidence.Arsenal wonderkid Lewis-Skelly’s mum reveals he’s ‘still on washing-up duty’… and how she nearly missed Man City goal”And as well for how your team and your colleagues perceive you. So he was lucky on that.”MLS, who had his red card at Wolves overturned on appeal but was also sent off against West Ham, has made an incredible impression at left-back this season.And he is expected to get a first England call-up next Friday — along with young Gunners forward Ethan Nwaneri, 17.Thomas Tuchel will announce his first squad as England boss and both are serious contenders.Arteta said: “Knowing Thomas and the coaching staff and the environment they have created on the England campus, it will be an incredible experience for them, if that’s the case, whenever that is.”That’s not my decision — that will be their decision. Mikel Arteta believes Myles Lewis-Skelly will flourish in the England set-upCredit: Getty”We’ll leave it to coaches and people that are super experienced, much more experienced than me.”While Lewis-Skelly and Nwaneri have made the step up to Arteta’s first team, Arsenal have lost two other Academy stars, forward Chido Obi and defender Ayden Heaven, to Manchester United in the last year.Arteta said: “When a player decides that the best pathway for him is to leave, there’s not much you can do.“It was very unfortunate, we want to keep our players from the academy and to be successful with the first team.READ MORE SUN STORIES“But with Ayden, we weren’t able to do that. “Chido has a massive goal threat, an attitude and love to be inside the box, and a capacity to score in many different ways.” More

  • in

    Sidemen Charity Match shirts 2025 – how to buy the replica kit

    THE Sidemen have unveiled their new football shirts as the highly anticipated game approaches this weekend.Sidemen FC are returning for the sixth iteration of their charity match this year, and after a brief hiatus the match is proving as popular as ever!KSI in the previous year’s football kit playing for Sidemen FCCredit: AlamyChunkz (right) will feature in the charity matchCredit: Kieran Cleeves/PA WireThe game has seen the likes of KSI, Simon Minter (Miniminter), Harry Lewis (W2S) and the rest of the Sidemen don the shirt as part of the team.Tickets for the game SOLD OUT when they went on sale late last year. The Game will also take place at Wembley Stadium in London.Launching with a flashy new Film Promo, which sees the likes of KSI, Minimiter and TBJZL span across Dubai unique architecture.Read more SidemenWhere can you buy Sidemen FC shirts?The stylish shirts come in a black and white colour scheme embroidery with the Adidas and Sidemen crested from right to left with sponsors Visit Qatar centred just below.The replica shirt can be purchased from Footasylum, and costs £50.How to watch Sidemen FC vs YouTube Allstars?The big match is being broadcast live on the Sidemen’s YouTube channel.The match will take place on Saturday, March 8, 2025.Kick-off will be at 3pm GMT.Who is playing in the Sidemen Charity Match?Confirmed for Sidemen FC will be their seven members:Most read in FootballOlajide Olatunji aka KSISimon Minter aka MiniminterTobi Brown aka TBJZLJoshua Bradley aka ZerkaaHarry Lewis aka W2SVikram Barn aka VikkstarEthan Payne aka BehzingaLast year’s match saw Sidemen FC beat rivals YouTube Allstars 8-5 in a thrilling game. More