GERVONTA DAVIS has broken his silence after being released from prison over alleged domestic violence and insisted: “I’m not a monster”.
Inmate records show that on Tuesday evening Parkland police in Florida arrested Davis with charges of battery causing bodily harm.
They classified the incident as alleged domestic violence and published his mugshot.
Davis was later released on Wednesday following a court hearing where bail was set at $1,000, according to the Broward Sheriff’s Office.
The alleged victim was struck with a “closed hand-type slap” leaving her with an abrasion on her lip, according to a Broward County Sheriff’s Office incident report.
Davis spoke out after being released in a lengthy but now-deleted social media post and appeared to show him watching animated movie Frozen with his daughter.
READ MORE IN BOXING
He wrote: “Do not let these people misguide you all on this bulls***…this was just yesterday moments before me and my child mother had argument!
“Watching Frozen with my oldest daughter…I never put my hands on my child mother nor my f***ing daughter are you f***ing crazy!!
“I’m not a monster I been quiet for too long. I don’t have media team, PR, good lawyer…spokesman nothing off that…that’s the only reason I’m doing this now!
“Just to clear my name! I been doing this s*** on my own since I started this s***!
Most read in Boxing
“These people done put out so much stuff aired this everywhere and have a f***ing helicopter flying over my house now as I write this because they look at this s*** as money to them and trying to get as much money as possible…”
In an audio of the 911 call, obtained by TMZ, Davis’ alleged victim says: “Please help me; I need help, please.
“I’m trying to go home, I have a baby in the car and attacked me … He’s going to kill me.”
But Davis said: “I am not a monster, I have two beautiful daughters that have to grow up someday and see this bulls***!! They post this bulls*** world wide before anything!
“They even post a snippet of the police call which my child mother was crying on the phone because I wouldn’t give her my truck!
“Shaderoom, gossipinthecity itonsite and the rest of the internet blogs! Y’all all bad for the culture!!
“Y’all don’t care if it true or false…he did or didn’t…y’all just want to put it out there because it’s beneficial to y’all businesses!”
Davis, 28, is due to face Hector Luis Garcia, 31, on Saturday, January 7 in a defence of his WBA “Regular” lightweight belt.
But the pay-per-view title bout has been thrown into major doubt following the news of Davis’ arrest.
I am not a monster, I have two beautiful daughters that have to grow up someday and see this bulls***
This is the latest brush with the law in the career of unbeaten Davis, nicknamed “Tank”.
He was in February 2020 previously arrested and charged in Miami with two misdemeanour counts of simple battery domestic violence on the mother of his daughter at a charity basketball game.
A video of the alleged incident went viral on social media at the time.
The related court case dragged on for nearly three years before the prosecution abandoned the charges earlier this month on December 13.
Davis is also due to stand trial on February 16, which was pushed back from December, facing 14 charges from an alleged hit-and-run in 2020.
Showtime, the TV network broadcasting the fight against Garcia, confirmed they were aware of his most recent arrest and were looking into the incident.
So it remains to be seen whether the fight against Dominican Garcia will still go ahead.
Davis is in line for a super-fight against Ryan Garcia, 24, next year, with his return bout a proposed tune-up to prepare.
Source: Boxing - thesun.co.uk